Best Motherboard for AMD FX-8350

Best Motherboard for AMD FX-8350  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Best Motherboard for AMD FX-8350

• ASUS Sabertooth-990FX /R2 990FX AM3+ Motherboard - $269
    • AsRock 990FX-Extreme3 - $140
    • ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer Socket AM3+ ATX Motherboard - $224
    • Gigabyte 990FX-Gaming AMD3 990FX 4xDDR3/3xPCI-Ex16/M.2/USB3.1/Type-C/KILLER/ATX Motherboard - $247
    • Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 AM3 990FX DDR3 Motherboard - $215
    • Gigabyte 990 FX AM3 / AM3+ USB 3.1 Type C - $249
    • MSI 970A SLI Krait USB 3.1 Socket AM3+ ATX Motherboard - $149
    • Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P
    • Other

I am getting an AMD FX-8350, wanting to overclock from 4gHz to atleast 4.5gHz - 5GHz. If you vote 'other' please specify in the comments and also maybe give a short reason why you voted for the one you did. This will really help me out since I am stuck and have to pick one xD  I have on-purposely chosen 990 series motherboards since they are compatible and apparently 'the right type' for the fx 8000 series but I have included other types since they have been suggested to me in the past. Also all the prices are in AUD. 

Thanks to everyone who votes or suggests something new, it really does help! :) 

I voted other, simply because i use the Msi 970 gaming. It's  pretty solid board.

MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |

The Crosshair V formula Z is the best, with the Asus Sabertooth being another option. Also, buying the FX 8350 is like buying an i7 980 that happens to run at 4GHz just FYI.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

get the UD3, overclock to 5GHz and rek everyone

basically to find a good motherboard you can overclock 8350 on, you want to find one that is listed as supported for the grand daddy of them all - 9590,

from your listed the UD3 is only one,

here's a bigger list of 9590 compatible board (meaning you can push 8350 to 5GHz and beyod)

Asrock 970 Performance
ASRock 990FX Extreme9
ASRock 990FX Extreme6
Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 R4.0
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7
MSI 990FXA-GD80V2

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

53 minutes ago, Skulldriver360 said:

I am getting an AMD FX-8350, wanting to overclock from 4gHz to atleast 4.5gHz - 5GHz. If you vote 'other' please specify in the comments and also maybe give a short reason why you voted for the one you did. This will really help me out since I am stuck and have to pick one xD  I have on-purposely chosen 990 series motherboards since they are compatible and apparently 'the right type' for the fx 8000 series but I have included other types since they have been suggested to me in the past. Also all the prices are in AUD. 

Thanks to everyone who votes or suggests something new, it really does help! :) 

dont. its a dead socket.... just get something else.

7000th post :P

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

1 hour ago, Phoenix721 said:

Also, I'd recommend for you not to get an FX.

1 hour ago, ModuleLFS said:

Why would you buy a 8350 in 2016.

57 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Don't buy an 8350. Get an i5 6500 instead.

23 minutes ago, SeanAngelo said:

dont. its a dead socket.... just get something else.

7000th post :P

So I notice lots of people saying that the fx8350 is not worth it or it is not that good, I have not researched into it that much but noticed it was cheap and benchmarks out took an i7 so I thought it was perfect. Apparently I was wrong and now I will definitely make sure to take more care into choosing components (which I definitely have for gpu, mobo, psu, case, ect) I guess it was just the cpu that was really hard work so I just took a shortcut. My bad. But by all means please point me in the right direction with some ither good cpus that will pack great performance for gaming and lite productivity work. Thanks for stopping me from making a shitty mistake.:P 

4 minutes ago, Skulldriver360 said:

So I notice lots of people saying that the fx8350 is not worth it or it is not that good, I have not researched into it that much but noticed it was cheap and benchmarks out took an i7 so I thought it was perfect. Apparently I was wrong and now I will definitely make sure to take more care into choosing components (which I definitely have for gpu, mobo, psu, case, ect) I guess it was just the cpu that was really hard work so I just took a shortcut. My bad. But by all means please point me in the right direction with some ither good cpus that will pack great performance for gaming and lite productivity work. Thanks for stopping me from making a shitty mistake.:P 

I'll say this right now-it didn't manage to beat the old i7 2600K when it came out.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Also stop making gazillion threads about the same question.

But just keep up with your original topic.

@moderators

4 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

Also stop making gazillion threads about the same question.

But just keep up with your original topic.

@moderators

thats 2

10 minutes ago, Skulldriver360 said:

thats 2

Yeah if you just keep track of your original topic.

Then you probably allready could have ordered a motherboard.

Spamming the forum with new topics about the same subject is not how a forum is ment to be used.

I dont want to be bitchy but if you dont keep track of your original topics.

then its not that cool for the people who are trying to be helpfull. ;)

@ixi_your_face

1 hour ago, Skulldriver360 said:

i5 6600k. more than enough.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

• 1 year later...
On 7/5/2016 at 11:34 AM, Pepi28 said:

I voted other, simply because i use the Msi 970 gaming. It's  pretty solid board.

it is bad mobo it doesnot benfit at all for neither oc nor normal using I AM USING IT