Mohterboard isnt working..

Went to boot up my Asus z97-a USB 3.1 motherboard and its not working... three lights come on and indicate whats trying to boot, CPU, Graphics Card, then chipset. its stuck on the chipset. its jsut showing the asus splash screen, it won't let me access the bios or respond whatsoever, I updated the bios not too long ago and according to the asus website the last bios update was from 2015... so i'm still in the latest version.. what do i do? :(

3 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

Went to boot up my Asus z97-a USB 3.1 motherboard and its not working... three lights come on and indicate whats trying to boot, CPU, Graphics Card, then chipset. its stuck on the chipset. its jsut showing the asus splash screen, it won't let me access the bios or respond whatsoever, I updated the bios not too long ago and according to the asus website the last bios update was from 2015... so i'm still in the latest version.. what do i do? :(

RMA?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

1 minute ago, NinjaJc01 said:

RMA?

they're closed for the holiday. dang this really sucks, guess i'm upgrading to x99 sooner than I thought;)

disconnect all devices except keyboard and video, what happens?

1 minute ago, Beeeyeee said:

they're closed for the holiday. dang this really sucks, guess i'm upgrading to x99 sooner than I thought;)

I would wait, since that's a nice Z97 board.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Try pulling out the GPU and see if you get past that part?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

I would wait, since that's a nice Z97 board.

I was planning on it anyway, I was just waiting for that new trident Z ram to come out already.

5 minutes ago, airdeano said:

disconnect all devices except keyboard and video, what happens?

same thing:/

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Try pulling out the GPU and see if you get past that part?

yeah still happening

3 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

I was planning on it anyway, I was just waiting for that new trident Z ram to come out already.

Trident Z has always looked awesome.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

Any reason for choosing x99 over the z170 platform?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, airdeano said:

onboard video or dedicated GPU?

Legend has it if you look at there profile you could find out there specs :oxD:D

When life gives you drugs you sell them for a living.

there are five LEDs

power

CPU

DRAM

GPU

BOOT_Device

no 'chipset' LED

4 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Legend has it if you look at there profile you could find out there specs :oxD:D

here to help or troll.. dunna know what has been tried..

7 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Any reason for choosing x99 over the z170 platform?

I need 8 cores for recording, rendering, and laying games simultaniously:P its been a huge drag on my youtube channel waiting for stuff to render before I can even play a game more than 10fps. z170 is too expensive for the i7's. you might as well get a 6 core anyway. 

1 minute ago, Beeeyeee said:

I need 8 cores for recording, rendering, and laying games simultaniously:P its been a huge drag on my youtube channel waiting for stuff to render before I can even play a game more than 10fps. z170 is too expensive for the i7's. you might as well get a 6 core anyway. 

I figured you probably knew what you were doing but just had to ask :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, airdeano said:

there are five LEDs

power

CPU

DRAM

GPU

BOOT_Device

no 'chipset' LED

yes, the "BOOT_Device" is the chipset led.

6 minutes ago, airdeano said:

are you running regular SSD or PCIe SSD?

sata ssd

2 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

sata ssd

Check in the bios if everything is checked on "boot devices",see if the cable might not have fall out of its place

1 minute ago, The Realist said:

Check in the bios if everything is checked on "boot devices",see if the cable might not have fall out of its place

the problem is, its unresponsive. like it says in the op, it won't respond its just stuck on the splash screen

2 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

the problem is, its unresponsive. like it says in the op, it won't respond its just stuck on the splash screen

Hmmmmmmm...maybe the cable is dead somehow?

swap your SSD with another HDD/SSD to verify port 

using USB keyboard and mouse or PS2 keyboard?

check to verify the grounding tabs from the I/O are not interfering with any of the USB connections (mine were so distorted and tweaked) .

14 minutes ago, airdeano said:

swap your SSD with another HDD/SSD to verify port 

using USB keyboard and mouse or PS2 keyboard?

check to verify the grounding tabs from the I/O are not interfering with any of the USB connections (mine were so distorted and tweaked) .

I doubt it's my SSD because I can't even get into the bios. And my other SSD in the system has w10 on it as well so it would try to boot from that. I but its the motherboard. Oh well

i just ordered the new parts for my upgrade and I'll send this in for RMA tomorrow. Not sure what I'm going to do with this board anyway

system hangs are hard faults and depending on the actual fault, some weird s**t happens. a known good drive can TS if that circuit is the link or issue. doesn't have to boot to OS, just to UEFI.

11 hours ago, airdeano said:

system hangs are hard faults and depending on the actual fault, some weird s**t happens. a known good drive can TS if that circuit is the link or issue. doesn't have to boot to OS, just to UEFI.

Yeah it won't boot to the UEFI though

5 hours ago, Beeeyeee said:

Yeah it won't boot to the UEFI though

Unplug your drives. I have had the same issue crop up with certain SSDs from time to time. It's worth at least trying unless you're really just looking for an excuse to upgrade.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.