Fan controller? how do I use this many fans?

VioDuskar

so.... i'm going to be installing 12 fans in my 900d case. 

don't tell me not to. 

I'm going to have 5 radiators, 3 with 3 fans, 1x2, 1x1. 

that's obviously more fans than my MB can handle.

should i invest in a fan controller? or multiple fan controllers? maybe four? 

1x3 (single rad), 1x3(single rad), 1x3(single rad), 1x2+1x1(two rads)? 

my case can fit pretty much anything. so? suggestions? 

any alternatives to a fan controller?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

1 minute ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Get this https://www.amazon.com/Akasa-AK-CBFA03-45-Flexa-Splitter-Cable/dp/B005EKU5CO

You connect the male header to the mobo and the molex to the psu. 

that bridges all of the fans, and uses the molex to power them? this would mean that the fans couldn't be managed independently, but each radiator (im my case [no pun intended]) as a single unit, right?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

How about a simple powered fan splitter, each connected and controlled via a motherboard header? Phantecs offers them for example, NCXT as well. That way, each rad is controllable as a whole, all the fans ramp up at the same time per rad

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

3 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

that bridges all of the fans, and uses the molex to power them? this would mean that the fans couldn't be managed independently, but each radiator (im my case [no pun intended]) as a single unit, right?

why would you want to speed up a single fan on a radiator?^^

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

3 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

Yes

1 minute ago, Speakerator said:

why would you want to speed up a single fan on a radiator?^^

i wouldn't, except to do the hovering ball trick at different heights simultaneously on top of my case.  

1 minute ago, VioDuskar said:

i wouldn't, except to do the hovering ball trick at different heights simultaneously on top of my case.  

:D

Now make them bounce in a sinewave and I'll be impressed^^