Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Support Louis Rossmann!

rossmann logo.png

 

Louis Rossmann is a small buissness owner in New York City that specializes in board-level macbook repair. He has a youtube channel that teches people about the borad repair: https://www.youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup

 

Here is a quote from the IFIXIT article:

Quote

Last night, Louis posted an emotionally raw video where he discusses a threat that could take down his channel and, indeed, his entire business. For legal reasons, Rossmann couldn’t talk about what the threat is or who the threat is coming from—but he did imply it’s because some company (and its lawyers) doesn’t like what Louis does: fix things.

“What often will happen is sometimes people who don’t like the content creator or people who don’t like the content creator’s business—for whatever reason, you never know why people may not like somebody else, but they’ll file a claim,” Louis said in the video. He goes on, “They can have the content removed. And maybe that person’s business removed. And maybe that person’s source of income removed.”

The most likely suspect is Apple. The community has created an archive of his youtube channel in case it is taken down: Download Louis Rossman Backup

Some People are also chosing to support the right repair bill, which louis is rallying behind.

 

 

News websites:

http://ifixit.org/blog/8210/rossmann-repair-legal-threat/

http://9to5mac.com/2016/07/01/tekserve-closure-louis-rossman-videos/

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/free-speech-under-attack-youtuber--repair-specialist-louis-rossmann-alludes-to-apple-lawsuit

http://www.osnews.com/story/29276/Louis_Rossmann_s_repair_videos_might_get_taken_down

`

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JamGorby said:

A day late and a dollar short....
 

 

Seen That, But he did mention that there will be more negotiations between apple and his attourney. Have to see how this plays out.

`

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a big fan of him, I liked him, a lot.

 

But, he NEEDS TO STOP TALKING SHIT ALL THE TIME, those shit :"Tim Cook got some weird uncle that just like me, who wants some free macs " etc. THOSE THINGS ARE GONNA GIVE HIM A LOT OF TROUBLE.

 

He literally has a big mouth.

And he needs to lay low, right now. 

This freaking guy still tell the public what is going on??

Is he out of his mind?

 

Of course the media is gonna speculate and a lot of the times, in the wrong way, that's how they get their headline, that's how the click bait works.

You do not comment on those things, if you do, you are falling into a trap. 

Sometimes his ego is too big, he cannot even think straight. 

If let's say that there was an easy way to solve all these, pay a fine, shut down your channel, or just delete some of the vids, he can consider himself lucky. 

And imagine what the attorneys at the big law firms are feeling right now. "That dumb ass is trying too make us look bad, is he freaking real? He wants to go out full war on us?"

 

Now I think we can w8 to see the big show, and the show is on. 

I can't believe this guy just posted this video. 

He is outsmarting himself. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

I am a big fan of him, I liked him, a lot.

 

But, he NEEDS TO STOP TALKING SHIT ALL THE TIME, those shit :"Tim Cook got some weird uncle that just like me, who wants some free macs " etc. THOSE THINGS ARE GONNA GIVE HIM A LOT OF TROUBLE.

 

He literally has a big mouth.

And he needs to lay low, right now. 

This freaking guy still tell the public what is going on??

Is he out of his mind?

 

Of course the media is gonna speculate and a lot of the times, in the wrong way, that's how they get their headline, that's how the click bait works.

You do not comment on those things, if you do, you are falling into a trap. 

Sometimes his ego is too big, he cannot even think straight. 

If let's say that there was an easy way to solve all these, pay a fine, shut down your channel, or just delete some of the vids, he can consider himself lucky. 

And imagine what the attorneys at the big law firms are feeling right now. "That dumb ass is trying too make us look bad, is he freaking real? He wants to go out full war on us?"

 

Now I think we can w8 to see the big show, and the show is on. 

I can't believe this guy just posted this video. 

He is outsmarting himself. 

The moment he lets himself get censored out of fear he will have lost. I respect the fact that he is willing to accept the consequences of what he says if he thinks it's worth saying. Furthermore that Tim Cook thing was obviously a joke.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

 

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

 

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

 

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

 

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

 

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

 

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sauron said:

The moment he lets himself get censored out of fear he will have lost. I respect the fact that he is willing to accept the consequences of what he says if he thinks it's worth saying. Furthermore that Tim Cook thing was obviously a joke.

I know it is a joke, but consider where his position is, I think he does not have the right to make that joke. 

It would be fine for any of us , but HIM? and most importantly , RIGHT NOW? should not make those joke.

 

When we went to the airport we do not joke about that there MIGHT BE a bomb inside our luggage. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

I know it is a joke, but consider where his position is, I think he does not have the right to make that joke. 

It would be fine for any of us , but HIM? and most importantly , RIGHT NOW? should not make those joke.

 

When we went to the airport we do not joke about that there MIGHT BE a bomb inside our luggage. 

 

Terrorism and copyright infringement are two different sports.  Calm down, and stop over exaggerating.

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:

| CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900x | CPU Cooler:  EKWB EK-AIO 360 D-RGB | Paste:  Kryonaut | Motherboard:  ASUS ROG x570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 | Boot Drive:  Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Storage Drives:  Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280+Western Digital WD Blue 2 TB 2.5"+Toshiba N300 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM+Toshiba X300 4 TB 3.5" | GPU:  ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme Core | Case:  Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified (Black) with Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans 2-Pack+4x Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 V2 Reds added | PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply w/CableMod E-Series Cable Kit (Black/Red) | Case Fans:  2 Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans | Displays:  BenQ PD2700U 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz+Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz+MSI Optix MAG322CR 31.5" 1920x1080 180 Hz | Mouse:  Corsair M65 RGB ELITE | Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard with Silent Red Switches | Mousepad:  Gaya Entertainment Oversized Gaming Mousepad Doom | Audio:  AKG K712 PRO Headphones+Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone+Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset+iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Monitors/Earbuds (Black)+Pair of Mackie MR624s(came with stands+isolation pads) | OS:  Windows 10 Pro |



Bifröst(ROG Zephyrus M GU502):

| CPU:  i7-9750h | RAM:  32GB Dual Channel 2666mhz CL 19(Stock+Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 260 PIN SODIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 ) | Storage:  1TB SSD with Optane | GPU:  Nvidia RTX 2060 | Display:  144hz 3ms | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro |

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Terrorism and copyright infringement are two different sports.  Calm down, and stop over exaggerating.

Alright....

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Newegg

×