What to do with old gaming computer?

Bremykt

Hey fellas, I have a old Phenom II quad core with 8GB or ram, mATX mobo and a GTX 660 ti and a 500GB HDD. I'm not sure what to do with it, I already use my main computer to share files across the home network and that 500GB drive isn't great for this anyway. The case it uses is an old Chieftec big tower that isn't very practical size wise either.
I also obviously have a monitor to use with it. I'm really only curious if there is anything for me to use it for or if I should just look to sell it.

Edit: I actually forgot to mention, I already set my old laptop up for steam in-home streaming and it works pretty well.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

If you need the cash selling it isn't a bad option.

You could put it somewhere and use it for steam in-home streaming.  Set yourself up an extra workstation to play with new OSes, have it set up for your friends to game on when they come over, etc.

umm only thig i could think of is a htpc? but that sice wouldnt look as nice. server ? ehh

personally i would just keep it, i like collecting old tech

PF Sense router

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

11 minutes ago, SukaroBlue said:

Make Server out of it. Or a steam machine.

I was thinking about it a bit, but I couldn't figure out what to use it for?

4 minutes ago, Bremykt said:

I was thinking about it a bit, but I couldn't figure out what to use it for?

If you play minecraft make a minecraft server. or a web server if you want to set up the other aspects of getting domain.

Error 404 humor not found.

3 minutes ago, SukaroBlue said:

If you play minecraft make a minecraft server. or a web server if you want to set up the other aspects of getting domain.

Web server might a good idea actually.

2 hours ago, DXMember said:

PF Sense router

Love pfSense but wow is that overkill. xD

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

I would try to sell this on Craigslist or something similar.  Side note, I actually have that same exact PC sitting up in my room for whenever I wanna watch movies, so I guess you could do that with Netflix or something.  

Sell it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

PLEX server its one of the best softwares i have used to date its awesome!

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700 With Corsair H110i GT GPU: GTX 1060 Strix OC MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon 1tb Samsung 850 Evo

I never played WoW until a few years ago when a friend of mine used an old gaming rig to set up a private server. Myself and about 5 other friends played through the he over the next year or so, rolling out the expansions as we ran out of content. Most fun ive had playing a MMO in my life