Bioshock: The Collection officially announced

Bouzoo

bioshock_collection_hero.jpg

Amazing picture.

Many people have asked and it's here, Bioshock trilogy is getting the remastered treatment, and it's gonna be gorgeous. However, there are few things to note, Bioshock: Infinite won't be getting the visual treatment since there is no reason for that, and Bioshock 2 multiplayer won't be included. 

The series needs no introduction, and if you haven't played it, you should by know what it's about.

Many things are gonna be included in the collection, some that you had to buy separately, and they are as follow:

BioShock

• Director's Commentary: Imagining BioShock video series: Featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
  • Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
  • Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.

BioShock 2 

• Minerva's Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you've never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva's Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
  • Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.

BioShock Infinite

• Burial at Sea - Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
  • Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
  • Columbia's Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock's China Broom Shotgun and Comstock's Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.

Here is the official trailer.

BioShock: The Collection offers more than $100 of content remastered for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and digital PC for only $59.99.

BioShock: The Collection for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC will be available in North America on September 13, Australia on September 15, and internationally on September 16.

It's definitely a must play series and one of the more original ones in the last decade. If you can't wait until then, you can buy them all here in a bundle for € 10,51 without add-ons. 

I like this a lot but I won't be buying it anytime soon. I can always buy add-ons for Infinite, but the first two games could be great if I could buy them separately which doesn't seem like an option right now. I'll probably wait for a major discount and then pick them. 

Source

Edit: courtesy of @suicidalfranco

If you already own the first 2 games on Steam you'll get the remastered for free. 

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/06/30/bioshock-remasters-free-pc-owners/

Edited by Bouzoo

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

4 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

bioshock_collection_hero.jpg

Amazing picture.

Many people have asked and it's here, Bioshock trilogy is getting the remastered treatment, and it's gonna be gorgeous. However, there are few things to note, Bioshock: Infinite won't be getting the visual treatment since there is no reason for that, and Bioshock 2 multiplayer won't be included. 

The series needs no introduction, and if you haven't played it, you should by know what it's about.

Many things are gonna be included in the collection, some that you had to buy separately, and they are as follow:

Here is the official trailer.

It's definitely a must play series and one of the more original ones in the last decade. If you can't wait until then, you can buy them all here in a bundle for € 10,51 without add-ons. 

I like this a lot but I won't be buying it anytime soon. I can always buy add-ons for Infinite, but the first two games could be great if I could buy them separately which doesn't seem like an option right now. I'll probably wait for a major discount and then pick them. 

Source

i'm kind of upset theyre still selling this for 60 and the pc version will not be getting a remastered Bioshock Infinite.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

3 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

i'm kind of upset theyre still selling this for 60 and the pc version will not be getting a remastered Bioshock Infinite.

If you were to buy them all separately right now at the full price it would cost you 70 without add-ons, so for a full remastered with everything it's quite good. Just wait for Holiday sale 3 months later.

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

If you were to buy them all separately eight now at the full price it would cost you 70 so for a full remastered with everything it's quite good. Just wait for Holiday sale 3 months later.

I already own them, bought them all for $5. I'm honestly getting sick of seeing so many remasters for games.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Oh boy. Under the pretense of the newer gen console we're starting to see too many HD remasters. Instead of sequels is "Oh you like Skyrim right? here it is again! That's another 60 USD thanks" and so on.

Is it gonna come to that? Not even a remake, we'll just let you have the higher resolution textures we have stored away in the original masters for the assets anyway and mod in a couple of effects? Are major companies to become glorified PC modders now?

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

I already own them, bought them all for $5. I'm honestly getting sick of seeing so many remasters for games.

I can't remember what they cost me, it was something quite low, and there are few older games I would like to see remastered, and Bioshock 1 and 2 are among them I won't lie. At least I appreciate them not lying how Infinite will not be a remaster (obviously).

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Oh boy. Under the pretense of the newer gen console we're starting to see too many HD remasters. Instead of sequels is "Oh you like Skyrim right? here it is again! That's another 60 USD thanks" and so on.

Is it gonna come to that? Not even a remake, we'll just let you have the higher resolution textures we have stored away in the original masters for the assets anyway and mod in a couple of effects? Are major companies to become glorified PC modders now?

Basically. This started happening towards the end of the last console generation. It's gotten out of hand. I understand that this has been happening since the NES days, but at least back then they put a lot of work into a remaster. Now-a-days it seems to be the publishers cash cows. They know damn well people will throw money at them for just about anything. Other reasoning could be to keep the licenses for said titles (sort of how movie studios put out crappy movies in order to keep that franchise license). I honestly wish that these companies would go through the effort to revitalize franchises we havent seen in quite a few years instead of bumping up the resolution to games we saw towards the tail end of the last generation.

2 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I can't remember what they cost me, it was something quite low, and there are few older games I would like to see remastered, and Bioshock 1 and 2 are among them I won't lie. I appreciate them not lying how Infinite will not be a remaster (obviously).

Infinite is not a remaster only on PC because they claim that it meets current gen console standards (whatever that means).

2 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Infinite is not a remaster only on PC because they claim that it meets current gen console standards (whatever that means).

It came out so recently that it is still used as a benchmark for current gen game is what my bet is on.

4 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

It came out so recently that it is still used as a benchmark for current gen game is what my bet is on.

It's entirely possible, but supposedly these games are being moved onto a new engine.

xDxDxDxD One of my favorite series. Just replayed 1 and it's just as good looking and playing as any game today.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

20 minutes ago, dlf said:

Would you kindly release the first two on Linux?

Anyone who hasn't played will casually look over that comment xD

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

No multiplayer in the remaster? Awww, I was looking forward to kidnapping capturing some little sisters.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I really like Bioshock Infinite. I just can't get my self to play first one because of the awful FOV, input lag and graphical glitches caused by lighting.

Already have all of them. No point on getting the remaster. Got Bioshock 1 and 2 on Steam and Infinite premium edition as a B-Day gift along with Seasons Pass and Guide book.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I would have loved they would make them way cheaper for those who already have bought them! 

2 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

I would have loved they would make them way cheaper for those who already have bought them! 

This, or like the skyrim rumor where if you already own it you get the update for free.

Bioshock 1 and 2 don't look bad at all tbh. I don't see the need for a remaster.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

15 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Bioshock 1 and 2 don't look bad at all tbh. I don't see the need for a remaster.

Money :P

48 minutes ago, bobhays said:

This, or like the skyrim rumor where if you already own it you get the update for free.

It's not a Rumour, Bethesda has confirmed it in social media.

EDIT: You need all DLCs though

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Bioshock 1 and 2 remaster free for owners of the original on PC.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/06/30/bioshock-remasters-free-pc-owners/

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Ahahaha, ahaha. No thanks.

And this is what makes PC gaming so great at the moment

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.