Why AMD fans overhype the red cards so much?

Bcat00

So why do the red fan boys always overhype the red card?

many sources have pointed out the rx480 is a weak card for cheap in the new generation, yet people still in denial its a drive problem.

so please elaborate so we on the green side can understand

3 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

many sources have pointed out the rx480 is a weak card for cheap in the new generation, yet people still in denial its a drive problem.

Wat

The RX490 is a budget card, and is excels against the majority if not all other cards within its price range. That was the point of the card, it did it.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Green coloured fanboys used to cry that this is an AMD forum. Now you see the real colours of LTT forums. 

One big rainbow of RGB. 

Dunno what you guys are crying about. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, Pohernori said:

Green coloured fanboys used to cry that this is an AMD forum. Now you see the real colours of LTT forums. 

One big rainbow of RGB. 

Dunno what you guys are crying about. 

RGB? More like...... ANI! And A comes first cause AMD is better (JK I HATE THEM GIVE ME YOUR GPU)

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

2 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

Bud. Was it slightly overhyped: yes. Is the card still amazing for what it is: yes. Should you stop talking: yes.

Aw naw, here we go.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

4 minutes ago, SherifsDog22 said:

RGB? More like...... ANI! And A comes first cause AMD is better (JK I HATE THEM GIVE ME YOUR GPU)

Red is AMD, Green is nvidia, Blue is Intel. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Once people buy leaks, it virtually becomes reality and the product becomes overhyped. That's what happened to the RX 480. IMO, it was disappointing that it didn't even surpass R9 390 levels because I could get a R9 390 (which is much better cooled) for about the same price as the 8GB variant. That also applies to most of Europe, I'm hearing a 50 euro price gap between the R9 390 (which is cheaper) than the RX 480 8GB.

But in the end, AMD didn't mislead anyone and it did what it was meant to do. The price to performance is pretty damn amazing, especially for the 4GB variant. So the card is by no means a 'weak card for cheap'. Just let people enjoy it.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

5 minutes ago, CobbleWalker said:

Is the card still amazing for what it is: yes.

Why?

2 hours ago, SSL said:

Why?

It was aimed at killing the 970, it did. (Watch JayzTwoCents Review),

1 minute ago, CobbleWalker said:

It was aimed at killing the 970, it did. (Watch JayzTwoCents Review),

Why does that make it amazing?

13 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

The rx480 is a 390/970 grade performance card, at 150w, for 200$. That's phenomenal, straight up.

It was never boasted as being a superbly flagship card, it was show boated as being a GREAT value card, and they hit right on the mark with that. 

Also, might we bring back into frame nvidia's own fanboy hype? They hype their shit far more than AMD. Let's not forget the "10x compute performance" on pascal, right?

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

2 hours ago, SSL said:

Why does that make it amazing?

It's cheap. Amazing things don't have to break the bank. It OC's well, has up to 8gb of Vram, and beats the more expensive 970.

1 minute ago, CobbleWalker said:

It's cheap. Amazing things don't have to break the bank. It OC's well, has up to 8gb of Vram, and beats the more expensive 970.

I've yet to hear anything amazing here. This is just status quo for a next-gen product.

Listen. It's the same with Nvidia.

Remember "67C under full load" or

"Faster than 980 SLI"?

It's the same with any launch, people let there imagination run wild and take the marketing numbers for granted and generalize them without questioning the circumstances of how certain numbers came to be. It's human nature I guess.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

if you want smart and concise discussion, drop the trolling fanboy mentions and elitist speak.

inciting more rage does not equal pursuit to a positive answer.