Rendering with GPU

Matias_Chambers

Does rendering with a GPU change the quality of the video at all compared to rendering with a CPU? It just seems like so many people use their CPU to render, but GPU's are much faster at rendering depending on your GPU.

It should not change the quality, as long as you do not change the settings of the render :)

Want any Graphic design or Motion design? Hit me up via the Site, or adding me on skype @ NyxeonFX

Rendering I do not know, but encoding, there is a difference from what I read. There is GPU that can encode h265, they execute the task faster than CPU, using hardware encoder, but the final quality is lower, so CPU with software encoding would be longer, but of higher quality (better file size to quality ratio).

11 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Does rendering with a GPU change the quality of the video at all compared to rendering with a CPU? It just seems like so many people use their CPU to render, but GPU's are much faster at rendering depending on your GPU.

What program? nvec/quick sync is much worse than cpu.

2 minutes ago, Alice in game said:

Rendering I do not know, but encoding, there is a difference from what I read. There is GPU that can encode h265, they execute the task faster than CPU, using hardware encoder, but the final quality is lower, so CPU with software encoding would be longer, but of higher quality (better file size to quality ratio).

Rendering is the same as encoding isn't it? I mean like rendering/encoding a video when I am don't editing it in Sony Vegas

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Sony Vegas

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

And I have an AMD R9 390. 

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Sony Vegas

H264 is/should always be don't on cpu. Only effects are scaling are done on gpu.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

H264 is/should always be don't on cpu. Only effects are scaling are done on gpu.

don't? or do you mean done?

7 hours ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Rendering is the same as encoding isn't it? I mean like rendering/encoding a video when I am don't editing it in Sony Vegas

Technically, not exactly. En to go further, I would say that I used the wrong expression as I was looking about information regarding video transcoding.

Read this for difference between thes words: http://wolfcrow.com/blog/the-difference-between-encoding-transcoding-and-rendering/

And this article on transcoding on CPU using handbrake vs using GNU NVENC encoder (and the second page for result : http://www.techspot.com/article/1131-hevc-h256-enconding-playback/page5.html

So in other words, GPU encoding in h265 get worst result than CPU in h264, and CPU h265 always beat the h264.