(POLL) So about controllers affecting someone's gameplay

Does a controller affect someone's gameplay especially third party ones?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. So controllers don't affect your gameplay?

• Yes
    • No
    • Soft, melting, Internet cookie?

So I came across this interesting amazon commenter on this controller (horipad fps plus) who stated that a controller especially third party ones do not affect gameplay but just comfort for your hands..

What do you think?

Now my thoughts..

I think they do especially when it comes to deadzones, button response, battery life, amount of times it disconnects, sensitivity etc..

But since I want to hear from the community since I do have a past of being wrong about certain things cuz I am human :3

Controller link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0106XFCPI/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Update:  Me being an idiot forgot to specify my crap:

Take note we are talking about controller gameplay for consoles specifically, not on PC (since we all know that m/k is superior in shooting, multi-tasking in comparison to the controller) hence why I took this poll to the console section and not the PC section 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

depends on the game, if im playing cs go, it makes you (me) worse, if im playing gta 5 ill use it to drive becase its better,

rocket league ill use one, zombies i wont.

so certain games are better to use then and some games its not, and some games  (bully) are required becase the default controls are so fucked up you cant even change the keys.

3 minutes ago, daniielrp said:

Same as above for driving I use controller, for shooting generally a mouse if better.

How about a console game, where consoles are not allowed to have keyboard/mouse support

1 minute ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

How about a console game, where consoles are not allowed to have keyboard/mouse support

Well since everyone is using a controller noone should be disadvantaged

2 minutes ago, daniielrp said:

Well since everyone is using a controller noone should be disadvantaged

But what if your third party controller has the crappiest deadzones or has buttons that stick and press themselves at the same time? or individually

2 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

But what if your third party controller has the crappiest deadzones or has buttons that stick and press themselves at the same time? or individually

Well, crappy products will give a crappy experience.

1 minute ago, daniielrp said:

Well, crappy products will give a crappy experience.

Well then that is going technically affect your gameplay then, hopefully backing up my argument that it does affect your gameplay

Controller is inferior where high precision aim is required. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

23 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

So I became across this interesting amazon commenter on this controller (horipad fps plus) who stated that a controller especially third party ones do not affect gameplay but just comfort for your hands..

What do you think?

Now my thoughts..

I think they do especially when it comes to deadzones, button response, battery life, amount of times it disconnects, sensitivity etc..

But since I want to hear from the community since I do have a past of being wrong about certain things cuz I am human :3

Controller link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0106XFCPI/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

I have only ever used an Xbox 360 and a Xbox 1 controller, but I'm sure there would be a difference between controllers. For example, two separate mouses have there own feels to them, so I'm sure 2 separate controllers do as well. That being said, I don't think it particularly affects gameplay, if a controller has dead zones or disconnects than its a shifty controller, other than that, differences should cause only negligible changes in gameplay. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

2 minutes ago, MegaDave91 said:

Controller is inferior where high precision aim is required. 

How about we stop #pcmasterrace nonsense and stay on topic 

4 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

How about we stop #pcmasterrace nonsense and stay on topic 

1. How about you stop with your false preconceived nonsense.

2. I am on topic. 

3. I don't associate with "pcmasterrace".

4. I never alluded controller is bad.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Personally, I'm like what others say.

Controllers affect my game play in both good and bad ways.

Take GTA V for example, any time I'm flying or driving, I will use my controller the majority of the time.

But if I ever have to aim, or anything of that sort, I will always go back to my mouse and keyboard.

1 hour ago, MegaDave91 said:

1. How about you stop with your false preconceived nonsense.

2. I am on topic. 

3. I don't associate with "pcmasterrace".

4. I never alluded controller is bad.

1. K my bad, got ahead of myself there

2. Not exactly, never got a good clear answer of whether a controller (whether its third party or not) can affect your gameplay and such...But specifically we are talking about controller on consoles not on pc's...Probably will edit that into my topic..So it's my fault for not being specific 

3. Let's hope not, just got angry since I felt like it was off topic and I kind of wanted a straightforward answer...That's just my nature sometimes :D

4.You stated that it is inferior in high precison aiming, though if you meant entirely bad in every way then yes you are correct

3 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

depends on the game, if im playing cs go, it makes you (me) worse, if im playing gta 5 ill use it to drive becase its better,

rocket league ill use one, zombies i wont.

so certain games are better to use then and some games its not, and some games  (bully) are required becase the default controls are so fucked up you cant even change the keys.

Sorry for skipping your post :(

So I guess that a controller can affect your gameplay depending on what you play...But what do you think about third party controllers, especially with their deadzones and gimmicks (rapid fire button etc.)  I think I should have excluded official controllers (xbox/sony controllers) since they simply don't give you much of a disadvantage and advantage in games in comparison to other differently made third party controllers

Sorry for skipping your post :(

So I guess that a controller can affect your gameplay depending on what you play...But what do you think about third party controllers, especially with their deadzones and gimmicks (rapid fire button etc.)  I think I should have excluded official controllers (xbox/sony controllers) since they simply don't give you much of a disadvantage and advantage in games in comparison to other differently made third party controllers

a controller is a controller, and modded stuff like that is just cheating (and you can do better with binds and shit on keyboard)

5 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

a controller is a controller, and modded stuff like that is just cheating (and you can do better with binds and shit on keyboard)

Yeah I guess if its a third party controller that has the same features as the official ones (sony or microsoft) without any gimmicks then yeah its not going to change much of your gameplay or none at all in the end :) 

Yeah I guess if its a third party controller that has the same features as the official ones (sony or microsoft) without any gimmicks then yeah its not going to change much of your gameplay or none at all in the end :) 

if your playing a FPS any controller will drop performance, especially if its one with no setting for control stick speed (the culling) so either you take 10 sec to do a 180 or take 1 sec to do a  5 360s 

5 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

if your playing a FPS any controller will drop performance, especially if its one with no setting for control stick speed (the culling) so either you take 10 sec to do a 180 or take 1 sec to do a  5 360s 

I don't think there has been any controller that has that kind of programming well in terms of consoles anyway not sure about pc

I don't think there has been any controller that has that kind of programming well in terms of consoles anyway not sure about pc

no in game settings

4 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

no in game settings

Ah I see, I think some games do have that option 

Ah I see, I think some games do have that option 

some yes, not a lot of indie games 

6 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

some yes, not a lot of indie games 

Yeah, it'd be nice if they put that option on releases for future fps games for consoles...Of course not on pc due to obvious k/m reasons

7 minutes ago, Allshevski said:

"Do third party controllers affect your gameplay" would be helpful. I'm so confused right now.

Yeah I realize that since the original xbox and ps controllers don't give you a disadvantage and advantage at all in your gameplay....Should probably do a better job on actually creating a proper poll and thread about that stuff