Tips to bring out detail in a low light mobile video

Tieox

Been tasked to help boost up a mobile video which was taken with the main light being a tv in the room.  While I am familiar with contrast,gamma,brightness and sharpness, is there any other tips or tricks I could be using?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

There is no possible way to get detail from a video that has none, because it was already compressed and mobile sensors aren't really the best for low light anyways.

There are simply not enough informations stored in the videofile, to make that possible.

If you'd increase the birghtness you would just get a grainy video (that would already look like trash). If you'd try to get rid of the grain, you'd have no more details because of the smoothing. (that would even more look like trash, but would be brighter)

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

Mobile video is horrible for low light. You can try to bump up the exposure, but it's going to get noisy/grainy really quickly and look like doodoo. Can you post the source video?