Battlefield 1 not on Steam??

DAnewguy

So I just heard some of this but no proof so is this real and on what will it be 

2 minutes ago, DAnewguy said:

So I just heard some of this but no proof so is this real and on what will it be 

Origin... like it's always been for the past 5 years...

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Most likely won't be on Steam. EA have their own platform/client, so it makes sense for them to release it on that.

Its on origin like all EA games and like battlefield 3 and 4.... download the client here https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/

Edit: Just noticed that is a link to the GB Origin, hopefully it will re-direct you to the correct origin

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

Since EA is a bunch of greedy, souless, bastards, thus Origin is a thing. Also a lot of code in their games looks like an Italian restaurants' most popular dish.

ASU

6 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Since EA is a bunch of greedy, souless, bastards, thus Origin is a thing. Also a lot of code in their games looks like an Italian restaurants' most popular dish.

Lasagna? Also isnt BF1 DLC for another game?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

10 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

code like bf4s net code issue?

2 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

im not talking about food lol. you know that issue when battlefield 4 was unplayable at launch?

2 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

im not talking about food lol. you know that issue when battlefield 4 was unplayable at launch?

I was lucky enough to get bf4 after they fixed the stability issues durring levelution, net code attrocities, balance, etc... Thus, spaghetti code.

ASU

5 hours ago, Rupe said:

Its on origin like all EA games and like battlefield 3 and 4.... download the client here https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/

Edit: Just noticed that is a link to the GB Origin, hopefully it will re-direct you to the correct origin

Doesn't matter, it changes according to location of IP.

5 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Since EA is a bunch of greedy, souless, bastards, thus Origin is a thing.

So... Valve isn't? EA moved to Origin because Valve was taking too big cut from prices (secondary reason since they could have just pumped pricing) and delayed patches in QA longer than what Sony and Microsoft did.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

So... Valve isn't? EA moved to Origin because Valve was taking too big cut from prices (secondary reason since they could have just pumped pricing) and delayed patches in QA longer than what Sony and Microsoft did.

But... I hate valve less. Also didn't ea screw over DICE with hardline and battlefront?

ASU

49 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

But... I hate valve less. Also didn't ea screw over DICE with hardline and battlefront?

Screw over like force them to release unfinished games? They did that with BF3 and 4 as well. I don't say I like EA that much either. But I don't think Steam is as platform that much better than Origin. Or even any better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

47 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Screw over like force them to release unfinished games? They did that with BF3 and 4 as well. I don't say I like EA that much either. But I don't think Steam is as platform that much better than Origin. Or even any better.

In what regards? Steam is definitely a far more developed and robust platform, while Origin is barebones by comparison.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

31 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

In what regards? Steam is definitely a far more developed and robust platform, while Origin is barebones by comparison.

Well, they have 8 years of development difference. I'm just saying Steam isn't that much better in terms of features and usability than Origin. Both have their problems. I haven't used neither actively in about year so I can't list my issues just like that. Origin has better support. I can't say anything that Steam would have better except wider catalog of games and software (and other things they've added to make more money). Which things Steam does better or has that Origin doesn't?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Well, they have 8 years of development difference. I'm just saying Steam isn't that much better in terms of features and usability than Origin. Both have their problems. I haven't used neither actively in about year so I can't list my issues just like that. Origin has better support. I can't say anything that Steam would have better except wider catalog of games and software (and other things they've added to make more money). Which things Steam does better or has that Origin doesn't?

Well, Steam has oodles of features that Origin doesn't. Some are: Family account-sharing, market & trading, mods workshop, in-home streaming & big picture, expanded user profiles and cloud screenshot hosting, remote game installs, community review system, game broadcasting, custom client skins.

Steam has kept expanding with functionality, and is in a league of its own in terms of its feature-integration, while Origin and Uplay are more similar to each other in their offerings, and seem to have settled with being basic downloader / DRM clients, with some basic amenities like a simple contacts list, and in-game browsing.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Well, Steam has oodles of features that Origin doesn't. Some are: Family account-sharing, market & trading, mods workshop, in-home streaming & big picture, expanded user profiles and cloud screenshot hosting, remote game installs, community review system, game broadcasting, custom client skins.

Just out of curiosity. How many of those "extended" features you feel is needed and useful to community. I agree on reviews and mod workshop being good ones. Though I rarely read reviews in Steam. I've read some in GoG.com.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Just out of curiosity. How many of those "extended" features you feel is needed and useful to community. I agree on reviews and mod workshop being good ones. Though I rarely read reviews in Steam. I've read some in GoG.com.

My feature usage is pretty wide:

I regularly read user reviews,  and occasionally upload screenshots, and have set up a community profile, listing games I have to trade.

I've used game broadcasting from time to time to watch people as they play games I'm considering whether to buy, or if I'm feeling nostalgic to see a game being played.

I use a custom Steam skin in my Win7 boot, and I'll probably install one on my Win10 boot, as well. I've used custom skins wherever possible throughout my computer-use history.

I've used family account-sharing to play a game on my brother's Steam account, which saved me from purchasing it.

I've used the mod workshop a bit, and the thing that makes it really nice is that I don't have to remember and keep mods for a game on my PC, to reinstall them any time I reinstall a game... I just subscribe to the mod, and it'll always be there automatically, any time that I reinstall a game. And it will also update automatically when the author updates it. And if I ever forget which mods I have installed, all my subscribed and favourited mods are quickly viewable through Steam. Steam also lets players create their own custom mod collections of workshop mods that anyone can then one-click install, to install all the mods it contains.

I use the friend-invite system in Steam for L4D2, DOTA2, and will use it for whatever other team MP game I play on Steam.

Even though playing games is ultimately about playing the games, I passively and regularly make use of much of Steam's functionality, without thinking much about it. It's like an environment were any mental query that arises has its solution and satisfaction offered through the feature-set.

3 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Steam has kept expanding with functionality, and is in a league of its own in terms of its feature-integration, while Origin and Uplay are more similar to each other in their offerings, and seem to have settled with being basic downloader / DRM clients, with some basic amenities like a simple contacts list, and in-game browsing.

I definitely wouldn't put Origin in the same category as Uplay, and I think it gets a lot of hate that it doesn't entirely deserve. Origin actually has some good features that suggest EA is at least trying to compete with Steam, whereas Uplay is just forced in with little benefit for the user. Origin had a refund policy ages before Valve, and arguably pushed Valve to launch their own; and there's On The House, EA Access, and Game Time. Steam occasionally provides free games (Limbo is free at the moment), but more rarely than Origin.

Reliability is also a key point. Origin also works a lot more often than Uplay. I've never had a problem playing a game because Origin got in my way. Uplay is notorious for that, and I think that's far more damning than any particular features it may lack.

Also, why doesn't anyone complain about Battle.net using this same logic? The B.net client offers very little beyond an updater/launcher for Blizzard's games and an integrated chat app. It's far more basic than Origin, and probably even behind Uplay. But Blizzard always seems to get a pass on this for some reason.

4 hours ago, typographie said:

I definitely wouldn't put Origin in the same category as Uplay, and I think it gets a lot of hate that it doesn't entirely deserve. Origin actually has some good features that suggest EA is at least trying to compete with Steam, whereas Uplay is just forced in with little benefit for the user. Origin had a refund policy ages before Valve, and arguably pushed Valve to launch their own; and there's On The House, EA Access, and Game Time. Steam occasionally provides free games (Limbo is free at the moment), but more rarely than Origin.

Reliability is also a key point. Origin also works a lot more often than Uplay. I've never had a problem playing a game because Origin got in my way. Uplay is notorious for that, and I think that's far more damning than any particular features it may lack.

Also, why doesn't anyone complain about Battle.net using this same logic? The B.net client offers very little beyond an updater/launcher for Blizzard's games and an integrated chat app. It's far more basic than Origin, and probably even behind Uplay. But Blizzard always seems to get a pass on this for some reason.

That's probably because Battle.net predates Steam by about half a decade and the client released a few years back actually entirely replaced already existing game launchers. Added to that Blizzard never put its games on Steam only to stop doing it later(EA) or use double DRM(Uplay).

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

• 3 months later...