Any one here a successful Youtuber?

c00face

I want to give it a shot, but I have no clue how to edit videos or make them entertaining, any advice would be helpful. Aside from Youtubing, I also want to try streaming on Twitch/Hitbox.

Not a successful YouTuber here, but some advice that pretty much any youtuber will give you is just keep making videos. Make what you want to make and keep at it, no matter how few views you get at first, if your content is good and you really care about it, you'll start growing. And if you just keep making videos, you'll learn along the way and your content will get better.

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me. 

I have one sub. My mom loves my work, so I'm pretty big time...

/s

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

7 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I have one sub. My mom loves my work, so I'm pretty big time...

/s

Same

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Not successful in the sense that I'm popular. But I have made lots of videos. The biggest mistake you can make is to expect to gain subs at a ridiculous speed. I have 16 subs lol. Just make videos you and your friends will enjoy. That's what I do. I enjoy making the videos and if people want to watch then even better. I use it as a way to show my friends all our funny and stupid moments whilst playing games. Perhaps you should try that?

Video editing, I won't say anything specific, let's just say you don't always have to pay to get certain things :P and tutorials on YouTube are easily accessible. You really do pick it up the more you do!

23 minutes ago, wcreek said:

The man himself @LinusTech /s

No um... 
I've seen @JayzTwoCents on here a couple times.

and @AntVenom...

I have saw jay too. Ages ago someone was called fpsgameclip or something like thast but i cant find him on here anymore. He had like 3k but apart from that im not sure

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I'm not a "successful" Youtuber (only about 230k views total, and only 240 subs). The key is to find something that really interests you, and just start doing it. You'll slowly learn to get better at editing, and knowing what people want to see, and what type of content you like to make. Just start doing it, there's no consequence of failing, you just learn from it.

Here's my channel (link removed by mod request, there's a link in my profile if you're actually interested) if you're interested in looking at it at all. It's not gaming or tech related though, mostly skiing and mountain biking.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

1 minute ago, pyrojoe34 said:

snip

subbed :)

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

1 minute ago, Prokart2000 said:

subbed :)

Sweet thanks! I'm working on a new edit now actually. I've been making a lot less content since starting grad school so the videos are way less frequent, I only got about 6 days of skiing in this year... and I live in the mountains:(

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

Again not a successful YouTuber here but  I do have a channel (153k Views and 252 Subs) I would absolutely give the advice that I heard from Casey Neistat.

"Just Keep Uploading". They are the words that he swears by and he is doing pretty well.

The most important thing I have learned during the almost 5 years I have been making videos (378 of them) is to just have fun and do what you want to do. If you're not enjoying making videos.... whats the point !?

So Good Luck with it and make sure to give me a shout out when you hit the big time okay ;)

4 minutes ago, Theo said:

i mean i have 2k subs and over 5 million views but i dno if thats successful, 

but its something

I really wanted to comment something nice about you but your profile image/gif is really turning my stomach hahah !

Also I would say that's .... "Semi" successful

On 6/21/2016 at 4:23 PM, pyrojoe34 said:

I'm not a "successful" Youtuber (only about 230k views total, and only 240 subs). The key is to find something that really interests you, and just start doing it. You'll slowly learn to get better at editing, and knowing what people want to see, and what type of content you like to make. Just start doing it, there's no consequence of failing, you just learn from it.

if you're interested in looking at it at all. It's not gaming or tech related though, mostly skiing and mountain biking.

Hey that's bloody impressive. You have 240(241 now) ACTIVE subscribers. That's worth far more than 1000 subscribers with 100 active. You actually keep your subscribers happy! I've also subbed :) 

On 6/22/2016 at 8:19 AM, ConneelyS said:

Again not a successful YouTuber here but  I do have a channel -(153k Views and 252 Subs) I would absolutely give the advice that I heard from Casey Neistat.

"Just Keep Uploading". They are the words that he swears by and he is doing pretty well.

The most important thing I have learned during the almost 5 years I have been making videos (378 of them) is to just have fun and do what you want to do. If you're not enjoying making videos.... whats the point !?

So Good Luck with it and make sure to give me a shout out when you hit the big time okay ;)

Can I just say your banner, and artwork in general on your channel is really neat. It's simple but effective, I like it!

Eh im not successful, 30k views 150 subs, but feel free to ask anything if you need about editing/cameras etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

26 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Eh im not successful, 30k views 150 subs, but feel free to ask anything if you need about editing/cameras etc

What program do you use to edit your videos, do you have a sense of guilt when it comes to posting your video online for the very reason people are watching and knowing you'll be responsible for that?

38 minutes ago, Supermangik said:

What program do you use to edit your videos, do you have a sense of guilt when it comes to posting your video online for the very reason people are watching and knowing you'll be responsible for that?

I use adobe creative cloud

Guilt? no why should I feel guilty? 

Do i get embarrassed or hate parts of my videos? sure, I am my own worst critic, but I am also immensely proud of myself and excited to push myself further

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I use adobe creative cloud

Guilt? no why should I feel guilty? 

Do i get embarrassed or hate parts of my videos? sure, I am my own worst critic, but I am also immensely proud of myself and excited to push myself further

I have a sense weariness that I'm afraid I'll post something that will cause someone else to sin, and that responsibility will be on me. Was wondering if anyone else had that same mindset when it comes to posting videos to the public.

1 hour ago, Supermangik said:

I have a sense weariness that I'm afraid I'll post something that will cause someone else to sin, and that responsibility will be on me. Was wondering if anyone else had that same mindset when it comes to posting videos to the public.

what even

causing people to sin? what are you even on about?

i got over 90 subs in few hours simply by making a foot reveal.

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

i used to make videos, got 12 subs with a tutorial and got over 7000 views on it and it was a shitty 720p video made with an integrated laptop mic when i first got my braces... so if i got views so can you xD but i helps to have a topic that you like, at the time i loved modding games and running my own servers so i thought hey i dont see any videos on this specific topic,i know about this topic, why not make a video on it so other poeple can learn... after that i gained subs and views and met another small youtuber and did a couple vids with him, i didnt continue and i regret that, i probably could have had quite a few subs (not a tonne but maybe 1000 or more) considering a channel i watched grow (did similar content and had 500 subs when i subbed, i regularly talked to him in copmments, hes now over 16k subs.... while my channel sits there unused with 12.   sorry rambled for a bit, moral is, do what you like and theres most likely going to be other people interested in it also, and dont give up, keep it going... might try to start up my channel again this summer, and see where it goes, hopefully your goes well

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

I have walked arround with a similar idea myself for a long time.

Starting a tech youtube channel and doing some nice reviews on motherboards and stuff.

But by just reading the comments that people post on video´s from other female tech youtubers, such kind of comments just backing me off from the idea, because those are pretty annoying.

I remember in the last couple years I grinded the shit out of youtube, honestly it boils down to if people like your videos or not. I managed to pull around 20K subs (which was and still is a really big deal to me, and to anyone who doesn't have a huge yt channel) but I mostly did CS:GO Montages and stuff, and this was back when CS started to gain a ton of hype so it was kind of an easy thing to step into. When I stopped playing CS that channel pretty much stopped, and I'm really mad about it now because I probably could have done something else with it (usually doesn't work though) and started an actual successful youtube channel. 

Criteria for being successful on youtube/twitch:

- Don't be a squeaker or a kid under like 16 or so (Just wait if you're young)

- Don't be a moron. This means actually seem at least semi professional, don't speak with horrible grammar and act like a retard.

- Make sure your videos are decent quality. No windows movie maker crap, no crappy video quality, no poor mic quality etc.

- If you're going to do gaming, don't be bad at the games you're playing. People would much rather watch a good player than a bad one in most cases.

- Don't waste your time on oversaturated things. Examples of this are: Let's plays, Tech reviews (or any review-type channel that's been done before), overplayed games (such as minecraft), or just things that are boring to watch and overdone.

- Don't put an annoying, generic shitty dubstep-3D letter epileptic intro. They're stupid and cringe-worthy as fuck and everyone that's not one of the people who use them think the same. Outros are cool if done the right way though.

Also don't go overkill on editing, there's actually extremely successful youtubers who have very minimal editing, some as simple as throwing a gameplay in the background of a commentary. Also wait until there's some new hyped crap that comes out, and be the first guy to make good videos about it. Also, if you want to get anyone watching you just grind the shit out of youtube. Keep making good videos, eventually people will like them if they're entertaining, and eventually you will get subs and views. Nothing super amazing, but you will start gaining attention eventually. It's all about execution, and how entertaining your videos can be.

9 hours ago, Sintezza said:

I have walked arround with a similar idea myself for a long time.

Starting a tech youtube channel and doing some nice reviews on motherboards and stuff.

But by just reading the comments that people post on video´s from other female tech youtubers, such kind of comments just backing me off from the idea, because those are pretty annoying.

I don't want to come across as an ass here but I was only thinking about this is other day. Do you agree that girls who do YouTube and Twitch etc will more likely get views because they are girls? Pretty much everyone will agree that women are used to get more views on YouTube in the form on click bait, so do you think just because girls are girls do people click on there videos more.

Now I'm not saying that all girls who use these platforms are using and abusing them to make money but there is a lot of that going on, which in turn can make it harder for women who actually just want to make videos.

Also I image women that actually want to make videos get a shit storm of stupid comments from creepy folk.

What's your opinion on this ? :D