Computer won't turn on with new RAM

Go to solution Solved by SeanAngelo,
15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I needed to upgrade my RAM, so I bought two HyperX 8GB sticks. The specs are: 1866MHz @1.5v. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P

This shouldn't cause any issue with compatibility as it lists compatibility of up to 32GB, 1866Mhz and 1.5v. Yet anytime I attempt to turn on my computer with the new sticks installed, the fans spin up for about 3-5 seconds then the system turns off, it keeps trying to turn on after that but the same thing - fans then turns off. It works completely fine with the old RAM.

I've tried using different slots, using 1 stick at a time and gone through the BIOS but nothing seems to work, the same issue keeps occuring.

Again, I don't think this is compatibility issues, as none of the specs of the RAM are not listed on the Gigabyte site. My main opinion is that the BIOS settings are not correct, I have briefly gone through it, but nothing looked like it would cause these issues, but I am by no means experienced when using the BIOS. The other option is the sticks are dead, this doesn't seem likely as the odds of both being DOA seems pretty low.

Any help would be great, thanks.

exact same ram, cpu and mobo as you and you're not the only one with this problem. i had to set my ram to 1600 in order for it to boot, put it up to 1866 and it doesnt boot :/ i think its ram issue since it doesnt support XMP and it doesnt come up with XMP option. 

tried my brother's dominator plats and XMP option was there but non existent on the hyperx fury.

I needed to upgrade my RAM, so I bought two HyperX 8GB sticks. The specs are: 1866MHz @1.5v. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P

This shouldn't cause any issue with compatibility as it lists compatibility of up to 32GB, 1866Mhz and 1.5v. Yet anytime I attempt to turn on my computer with the new sticks installed, the fans spin up for about 3-5 seconds then the system turns off, it keeps trying to turn on after that but the same thing - fans then turns off. It works completely fine with the old RAM.

I've tried using different slots, using 1 stick at a time and gone through the BIOS but nothing seems to work, the same issue keeps occuring.

Again, I don't think this is compatibility issues, as none of the specs of the RAM are not listed on the Gigabyte site. My main opinion is that the BIOS settings are not correct, I have briefly gone through it, but nothing looked like it would cause these issues, but I am by no means experienced when using the BIOS. The other option is the sticks are dead, this doesn't seem likely as the odds of both being DOA seems pretty low.

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

What timings have you set in the bios? YOu could just try clearing the CMOS, that'll reset it to 1333

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

exact same ram, cpu and mobo as you and you're not the only one with this problem. i had to set my ram to 1600 in order for it to boot, put it up to 1866 and it doesnt boot :/ i think its ram issue since it doesnt support XMP and it doesnt come up with XMP option. 

tried my brother's dominator plats and XMP option was there but non existent on the hyperx fury.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Thank you so much! Putting the frequency down to 1600 has worked and now it boots with no issues!

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60.