(Edit*) Best Black Case Fans?

rayschrantz

I could use some help figuring out which Noctua fan is for air flow and which one's for static pressure. There are so many different models for each size that it's hard to tell what's meant for what. I want to figure out which one's are meant for air flow and which one's are meant for static pressure for both 120mm and 140mm fans. I want to use the black industrial series of fans to go with my build. I'm buying from performance pc's so if someone could help me by giving me links to there or pcpartpicker, that would be great.

I know that this fan is for static pressure for 120mm, but I can't tell which one is for 140mm. Same goes for the 140mm air flow fans.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/noctua-nf-f12-industrialppc-24v-3000-ip67-pwm-120mm-fan.html

Edit: What are the best black case fans in terms of performance and noise?

Noctua doesn't distinguish between airflow and pressure in 140mm, only in 120mm. The A14 work great both as case fans and on radiators.

Stay away from the nf-f12 if you dislike noises.

that fan bas thebworst noise to performance rationi have ever seen.

2 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

Stay away from the nf-f12 if you dislike noises.

that fan bas thebworst noise to performance rationi have ever seen.

Then what black fans would you suggest over the nf-f12 in terms of performance and noise? Fan's don't usually bother me since I constantly have fans on me due to my room's really bad air flow, but listening to a comparison of the nf-f12 against a bunch of other fans it was definitely the loudest. Although the Corsair SP was the quietest, it also seemed to have the worst performance under load, so do you have any suggestions?

NF-S are for unobstructed airflow.

NF-F are for focus-flow and have high static pressure.

NF-P are a balance of the two and is a well-rounded fan. 

NF-A are an update to the NF-P

iPPC's only come in NF-F12's and NF-A14's and aren't meant for people who want a very quiet system.

If you want a fan recommendation, tell us what you are using the fan for. 

Fan designs that are optimized for static pressure tend to not be as quiet and are usually not as good for airflow-to-noise if the static pressure isn't necessary. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

NF-S are for unobstructed airflow.

NF-F are for focus-flow and have high static pressure.

NF-P are a balance of the two and is a well-rounded fan. 

NF-A are an update to the NF-P

iPPC's only come in NF-F12's and NF-A14's and aren't meant for people who want a very quiet system.

If you want a fan recommendation, tell us what you are using the fan for. 

Fan designs that are optimized for static pressure tend to not be as quiet and are usually not as good for airflow-to-noise if the static pressure isn't necessary. 

He pretty much nailed it.

If you dont want to risk it just get the nf-p12. However, if i were to rebuy my fans, i would have went all nf-a15 and ran them at 500rpm constant up to 70temp before pumping the fans up to keep the noise down.

There are 24V versions of the iPPC models though, they run seriousyl quiet at 12V.

45 minutes ago, oriol said:

There are 24V versions of the iPPC models though, they run seriousyl quiet at 12V.

Why to buy 24V ones when you can buy standard 12V and have greater control over their RPMs?

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

If you're looking for stealthy black fans, look no further than the Fractal Design Venturi series. I love mine.:)

3 hours ago, SuicideAnomaly said:

If you're looking for stealthy black fans, look no further than the Fractal Design Venturi series. I love mine.:)

It looks like they have the highest airflow I've ever seen, even the high pressure ones beat corsair's high air flow by a lot. Thanks for the suggestion, looks like a good fan.

On 17.6.2016 at 10:58 PM, Allshevski said:

Why to buy 24V ones when you can buy standard 12V and have greater control over their RPMs?

If you don't need the higher RPM and want them to run quieter at full speed.

6 hours ago, oriol said:

If you don't need the higher RPM and want them to run quieter at full speed.

#logic.. 

I need S340. But more Define S'ish