Cant find WiFi on laptop but can on phone

Voxmasher
Go to solution Solved by TaylorSwiftOrNon,

Check your channels. Maybe your Laptop Wifi card cant pick up the channel the ap is operating at

Hi there.

Laptop in question is a Lenovo Y700 with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 running the 18.20.0.9 drivers.

Phone is Sony Z5 Compact.

Router is a DSL modem from ZyXEL; VMG3326-D20A.

SSID is not hidden, I have access to the modems admin page and made sure that the Dynamic IP limit is not reached. 

I've also reinstalled the wireless drivers on the laptop with no success. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Check your channels. Maybe your Laptop Wifi card cant pick up the channel the ap is operating at

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5 GhZ COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 GPU: Gainward GTX1080 GS MOBO: MSi Z170 Gaming M7 HDD: Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB PSU: Be quiet Power Zone 850W CASE: CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro DISPLAY: ASUS ROG PG348Q + LG 34UM95 + Samsung U28E850R + Samsung C24F396 SERVER: HP MicroServer G8 w/ HP P222 & 4x Seagate 8TB RAID5

Have you tried troubleshooting it using Windows? Can you see any other wireless networks? 

On 6/14/2016 at 8:29 PM, TaylorSwiftOrNon said:

OMG thank you! This was just not something I ever thought about but I changed it to a lower channel and my laptop found it instantly...