What do you think about zowie?

f1xzor

So what is your poinion about zowie mices, pad etc?

3 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Zowie makes good quality, no frills gaming mice.

They don't require drivers to function, and sensors are precise.

Their range of mice are essentially the same under the hood, and the difference is the shell that each cater to different grip and hand size.

But they are quite expensive for what you get.

Mouse pads, given they are cloth and good quality, are mostly the same across brands

The Steelseries Qck is well priced, well made and very popular.

I just think if it worth to switch from Rival 300 to Zowie ZA12 mice. because the rival 300 aren't comfortable for me.

Zowie mice, are just made for pure sensor performance. While the build quality is good, its not the best, it certainly doesn't come close to feeling the "best" and there are no other functions, such as RGB lighting etc. But then again, it was made for competitive esports, for pros, like finalmouse. Personally i like finalmouse tournament pro, its extremely good, like zowie, its on the fly, no gimmick just plastic shell and a high end performance sensor. While build quality depends on the unit that you receive, generally its not as good as zowie. BUT the performance of the finalmouse is a lot better.

Unless i'm playing CSGO competitively, i generally tend to not use my Zowie EC2-A or Finalmouse Tournament Pro, and i use my mionix castor or g502.

6 minutes ago, flips2K said:

I just think if it worth to switch from Rival 300 to Zowie ZA12 mice. because the rival 300 aren't comfortable for me.

I'm guessing you're using the Rival 300 and the reason for it being uncomfortable is its massive size? I tried the Rival 300 and although it was a comfortable mouse, it was far too large for me and had to press the mouse button behind the mouse scroll wheel which made it very difficult to press. If you don't need a "pure performance" mice like Zowie or Finalmouse, i recommend the Logitech G303, Razer Deathadder Chroma, Mionix Castor

6 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Rival 300 is a big palm grip mouse. ZA12 is smaller, but also for palm grip due to the pronounced hump.

You need to consult your hand on the changes to the shape you want to see, and look for the corresponding model for best result.

And ofc try out mice at a local store where possible. Hand knows best.

My hand size is Medium (17.5cm). but i didn't knew it before i bought the rival 300 :/ so it was my issue.

4 minutes ago, MenSuRx said:

I'm guessing you're using the Rival 300 and the reason for it being uncomfortable is its massive size? I tried the Rival 300 and although it was a comfortable mouse, it was far too large for me and had to press the mouse button behind the mouse scroll wheel which made it very difficult to press. If you don't need a "pure performance" mice like Zowie or Finalmouse, i recommend the Logitech G303, Razer Deathadder Chroma, Mionix Castor

i think the zowie is better to me, hand size and the build quality is better. the rival 300 too much big to my hand.

3 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

You can consider the ZA12 or EC-2A they are both good for palm grip.

If you want to keep the rounded right side of the mouse like your Rival 300, the EC-2A offers that.

ZA series is symmetrical and has buttons on the right, for left handed use.

Also note that the side buttons are not flush into the mouse body.

Yes i know i can put a plastic shit and get cover the right buttons. :)

Why not get the FK-2 then? It's small and lighter than EC2-A which allows it to be the best performing zowie mice. ZA series sort of forces you to place your hand in a particular way.

18 minutes ago, MenSuRx said:

Why not get the FK-2 then? It's small and lighter than EC2-A which allows it to be the best performing zowie mice. ZA series sort of forces you to place your hand in a particular way.

I've an medium hands, so i don't think that FK-2 is for my hands size.

2 hours ago, flips2K said:

I've an medium hands, so i don't think that FK-2 is for my hands size.

17.5cm right? it should be good then. If you use a small mouse, your aim improves.

Amazing mouse, top quality, feel, simple. Only thing that made me return it was the huano switches - can't stand anything other than omrons

I have had quite a few Zowie mice and they seem to have two key issues. The first is the mouse wheel, they regularly have issues with missing clicks and misalignment and its just something they can not get right. The second is the mice have a tendency to die young, they aren't exactly robust reliable mice they do tend to expire early. I have had a few die and issues with mouse wheels and peeling but the mice have brilliant sensors and so while its expensive to keep a Zowie mouse around and working they have been excellent when they work.