Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to sell a gtx 980 ti

I have a Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 980 ti. I don't know what to do with it I don't have an extra build to put it in and I don't need it. How would I sell it or how would I just get rid of it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marcus Kemp said:

I have a Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 980 ti. I don't know what to do with it I don't have an extra build to put it in and I don't need it. How would I sell it or how would I just get rid of it?

Email it to me. I've just downloaded some extra ram too,so I'm ready for it now. :D

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, latentjones said:

Email it to me. I've just downloaded some extra ram too,so I'm ready for it now. :D

wow you are so serious i could even just give it to you through the phone. I could even text you the serial code so you can get the digital copy of the card and install it in your pc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marcus Kemp said:

I have a Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 980 ti. I don't know what to do with it I don't have an extra build to put it in and I don't need it. How would I sell it or how would I just get rid of it?

You can sell it in the classifieds on this fourm, or eBay it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marcus Kemp said:

wow you are so serious i could even just give it to you through the phone. I could even text you the serial code so you can get the digital copy of the card and install it in your pc.

You read my mind! I'll inbox you my phone number right now.

 

On a serious note, you should get a good deal selling on ebay. What country are you in?

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

You can sell it in the classifieds on this form, or eBay it. 

I suppose I could

 

3 minutes ago, latentjones said:

You read my mind! I'll inbox you my phone number right now.

 

On a serious note, you should get a good deal selling on ebay. What country are you in?

US

Link to post
Share on other sites

Prices seem to float between $485 and $600. I would assume you just bought a 1080? If you can get $500 back for the 980ti you have only then paid a couple of hundred bucks for a 1080. Now that's a pretty good deal!

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

Link to post
Share on other sites

Way better than us in the UK the 1080/70 prices are ridiculous.

 

It's £10 cheaper for me to buy one from newegg in teh US than it is in the UK - and that INCLUDES shipping and import taxes!

 

*cries

 

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, latentjones said:

Prices seem to float between $485 and $600. I would assume you just bought a 1080? If you can get $500 back for the 980ti you have only then paid a couple of hundred bucks for a 1080. Now that's a pretty good deal!

I actually didn't I bought a Gigabyte Extreme gtx 980 ti for 380 so I have two 980 tis

Link to post
Share on other sites

SLI those beasts then!

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, latentjones said:

Prices seem to float between $485 and $600. I would assume you just bought a 1080? If you can get $500 back for the 980ti you have only then paid a couple of hundred bucks for a 1080. Now that's a pretty good deal!

Who in their right mind would pay $500 for a 980ti? Like op said he payed $380. haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

If i were you i would sell it for 525$ or if you are deseperate for money sell it for 399$, that Video card is good.

 

Post that in ebay, Amazon, or in this forums.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Notree said:

Who in there right mind would pay $500 for a 980ti? Like op said he payed $380. haha

well some people are still selling theirs for 480 and have already sold them, either way.

2 minutes ago, latentjones said:

SLI those beasts then!

I tried and I have never really done it before so I think I fucked up somewhere because when I ran firestrike it didn't do any performance boost at all

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Notree said:

Who in there right mind would pay $500 for a 980ti? Like op said he payed $380. haha

People on ebay in the US by the looks of it. Do a search just like I did and look for yourself. I wasn't recommending  selling for that price merely stating the facts. 

 

 

 

5 minutes ago, Marcus Kemp said:

 

I tried and I have never really done it before so I think I fucked up somewhere because when I ran firestrike it didn't do any performance boost at all

Hmm okay. I have never used SLI before only crossfire. I would certainly troubleshoot that and find out why. If your psu and mobo can support it I would keep the second card because the performance you will have will beat a 1080 in the games that support SLI. I have to say though I wont be running a dual card config again in the future. My experiences were bad. Others have had better luck though.

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, latentjones said:

Hmm okay. I have never used SLI before only crossfire. I would certainly troubleshoot that and find out why. If your psu and mobo can support it I would keep the second card because the performance you will have will beat a 1080 in the games that support SLI. I have to say though I wont be running a dual card config again in the future. My experiences were bad. Others have had better luck though.

what was your bad luck?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marcus Kemp said:

what was your bad luck?

Microstutter, poor utilisation, bad frame times, some games just didn't support it so no utilisation, huge range in fps (Crysis 3 would go from 40fps to 150fps @ ultra 1440p and even with freesync it was weird. New games don't support straight away either. 

 

That said, when it worked it was something else. But that wasn't very often.

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair why not sell both and buy a brand new 1080?

 

Edit: I think you could make a profit on the one you bought for $380

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, latentjones said:

To be fair why not sell both and buy a brand new 1080?

I have enough money that as soon as I sell one of the 980 tis I can buy a 1080 and then sell the other later after doing a few benchamarks with an i3 to see if it bottlenecks

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marcus Kemp said:

I have enough money that as soon as I sell one of the 980 tis I can buy a 1080 and then sell the other later after doing a few benchamarks with an i3 to see if it bottlenecks

 

Cool well sounds like you have a plan. I take it the i3 isn't in your main rig? I would sell one of the 980ti's to make the money for the 1080 and then sell the other to buy an i7 if that was the case.

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×