[Urgent] New BenQ Monitor, Windows 10 very Blurry [144Hz]

I just recently purchased a BenQ XL2411z 24inch 144Hz monitor along with a new setup. I am running windows 10 and running the Monitor through the supplied DVI-D Cable directly to my GPU (GTX 1080) at 144Hz.

The ISSUE is my entire screen is blurry! The icons, the text even video playback is NOT high quality and is very choppy, that aside performace is good. Ive come to the conclusion that the issue is with the monitor, and im looking for a solution urgently!

TL;DR : New BenQ Monitor has terrible video quality, need help!

Thanks in advance!

ugh, you set the right Resolution?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

1 minute ago, blu4 said:

Have you tried display port or HDMI? DVI is getting old now :/

eh, what?!

That makes no sense.... Digital is digital and that's it.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

1 minute ago, blu4 said:

Have you tried display port or HDMI? DVI is getting old now :/

The monitor only has D-Sub(VGA), DVI and HDMI Ports, and i dont have a HDMI cable on me, which apparently doesnt even support 144hz.

3 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

eh, what?!

That makes no sense.... Digital is digital and that's it.

Care to expand? I really don't know what the issue is D:

Very blurry suggests maybe its dropped you down to 4:2:0, that could be a cable problem as well (it often is).

For 144 Hz, the DVI cable has to be dual link and of high quality.

Yes, DVI is digital, but there's so many bits flowing through it at 144 Hz that with a low quality cable it's possible for some bits to be read incorrectly by the monitor's processor. It wouldn't explain the blurring. Transfer error would result in black frames (at 144 Hz you probably wouldn't even see it) or parts of the image corrupted (small squares like artifacts on screen, but again for a frame or so, practically not visible to your eyes)

The blurring seems more like an overscan/underscan issue, which is more often a HDMI issue, not DVI. Still, check the video card's control panel and see if there's some overscan or underscan enabled.

The monitor supports 120 Hz and 100 Hz as well, 120 Hz would be more suitable than 144 Hz as it's a direct multiple of 30fps which is often used in movies. You should check if the image is still blurry if you configure the monitor at 120 Hz.

10 minutes ago, mariushm said:

For 144 Hz, the DVI cable has to be dual link and of high quality.

Yes, DVI is digital, but there's so many bits flowing through it at 144 Hz that with a low quality cable it's possible for some bits to be read incorrectly by the monitor's processor. It wouldn't explain the blurring. Transfer error would result in black frames (at 144 Hz you probably wouldn't even see it) or parts of the image corrupted (small squares like artifacts on screen, but again for a frame or so, practically not visible to your eyes)

The blurring seems more like an overscan/underscan issue, which is more often a HDMI issue, not DVI. Still, check the video card's control panel and see if there's some overscan or underscan enabled.

The monitor supports 120 Hz and 100 Hz as well, 120 Hz would be more suitable than 144 Hz as it's a direct multiple of 30fps which is often used in movies. You should check if the image is still blurry if you configure the monitor at 120 Hz.

Ive tried all refresh rates, still no difference! I can read the text and see the images its just that it doesnt feel HD. I expected a $450(AUD) Monitor to look sharp and beautiful and that wasnt the case. Any other suggestions?

48 minutes ago, RayDaHero said:

I just recently purchased a BenQ XL2411z 24inch 144Hz monitor along with a new setup. I am running windows 10 and running the Monitor through the supplied DVI-D Cable directly to my GPU (GTX 1080) at 144Hz.

The ISSUE is my entire screen is blurry! The icons, the text even video playback is NOT high quality and is very choppy, that aside performace is good. Ive come to the conclusion that the issue is with the monitor, and im looking for a solution urgently!

TL;DR : New BenQ Monitor has terrible video quality, need help!

Thanks in advance!

I would recommend using a DVI-I or DP, not DVI-D.

I say jiggly-bytes when I see "GB".

It goes down better than you would expect.

1 minute ago, Insp1r3 said:

I would recommend using a DVI-I or DP, not DVI-D.

DVI-D (DVI Dual Link) is the cable that was supplied and its the only dvi version that supports 144hz D:

9 minutes ago, RayDaHero said:

DVI-D (DVI Dual Link) is the cable that was supplied and its the only dvi version that supports 144hz D:

That's strange... Here's some questions that may help resolve the issue;

1. Have you got the latest drivers installed?

2. Is the cable inserted fully on both ends?

3. Have you set up your display to be 144Hz in both Windows and Nvidia Control Panel?

4. Is the resolution set to be native resolution? If it's not, artifacting can be a major issue.

If all else fails, try contacting BenQ support.

4 minutes ago, Insp1r3 said:

That's strange... Here's some questions that may help resolve the issue;

1. Have you got the latest drivers installed?

2. Is the cable inserted fully on both ends?

3. Have you set up your display to be 144Hz in both Windows and Nvidia Control Panel?

4. Is the resolution set to be native resolution? If it's not, artifacting can be a major issue.

If all else fails, try contacting BenQ support.

Yep updated all my drivers and cables are plugged in D: Ahh well i guess ill go contact Support. Do you think downgrading to Windows 7 might fix it, since it could be a scaling issue?

8 minutes ago, RayDaHero said:

Yep updated all my drivers and cables are plugged in D: Ahh well i guess ill go contact Support. Do you think downgrading to Windows might fix it, since it could be a scaling issue?

Try using the settings they show in this article and see if it fixes your problem:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/4597/windows-10-feature-focus-display-scaling