Something else to hate console gamers for

Fulgrim

I saw this coming a mile away, and so did many others. The self-entitled console community demanding for all mod authors to port their work to console, without any comprehension of compatibility issues or will of the mod authors. And even console gamers who are blatant thieves, and steal mods without permission, to upload it and try to gain some donations for uploading another person's work without permission.

The popular Xbox One mod 'Spawn Items' includes a copy of Dogtooth's and my mod, the NCR Veteran Ranger armor. Because I don't own a console, it is very likely has other peoples' mods in it as well.
Bethesda have shown they haven't even been vigilant over taking down ported versions of their own content, leaving little hope for other individuals to get banned over taking other peoples' content.
If you are a user please point this out, and if you are a mod author don't be silent. Our collective voice will stop the rich mod community we've built over the last fifteen years into becoming something akin to Minecraft.
I would like to remind Bethesda and users that whenever a culture of theft and a failure to protect creator's rights takes hold, the flow of mods comes to a grinding halt. There is no incentive for any mod author to create something, if someone is going to come along and not only flog it off as theirs, but in a fashion far from the author's intention.
Update: Turns out, I wasn't the only one. Many of DDProduction83's mods have now been uploaded into another 'compilation' pack https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/1395536
DDProduction83's thoughts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJVlZJcqAzk
New Update: Edgard_Aguilar has graciously agreed to take the time to remove the NCR Ranger Armor from Spawn Items. Please cease reporting him, however, please watch out for other 'compilations.' Others might be inclined to not follow Edgard's example so quickly, if it all. Thanks again for the support.
New New Update: For the mod authors, this might be one thing where Bethesda has got your back. When you finish your mod, make sure to pack up your file in the Creation Kit, as a ba2. If any prospective thief tries to extract your content from the ba2 - the files will be immediately corrupted.
Let others know, so we can nip this thing in the bud.
Also If you can, please see fit to report these people.

Cj8eamAWgAAeF4y.jpg

Source

https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/comments/4m4rkc/fo4warning_to_mod_authors_possibility_your_mod_is/

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

No thanks. Less of the hate and accept that consoles and PC both have their benefits and drawbacks. 

Considering this shit is gonna put modders off of creating more content, it's pretty justifiable to hate on console users that do this kind of shit though.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

No thanks. Less of the hate and accept that consoles and PC both have their benefits and drawbacks. 

i think this is more of a social problem than just something with gamers or different platforms
i always wonder why someone would compare different gaming platforms by measuring the "fun" level in each one

Just now, Fulgrim said:

Considering this shit is gonna put modders off of creating more content, it's pretty justifiable to hate on console users that do this kind of shit though.

On the people that do this, yes. Not as a reason to hate console gamers, though. The hate on console or hate on PC gamers is just annoying at this point. 

2 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

WE NEED TO UNITE THE CONSOLE AND PC GAMERS, #MakeGamingGreatAgain 

Consoles are never gonna be on par with pc gamers, when it comes to RPG/RTS/FPS gaming though...

3 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

Consoles are never gonna be on par with pc gamers, when it comes to RPG/RTS/FPS gaming though...

and that's perfectly fine, you like what you like, you have your reason as do others, no read to hate something just because you think/know what you have is better. thats like hating on a mentally challenged person becase you can write a paper in 10 min and it took him one hour.

i dont get all this pc vs console drama, i think the memes that come out of it are funny but thats about it. 

3 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

and that's perfectly fine, you like what you like, you have your reason as do others, no read to hate something just because you think/know what you have is better. thats like hating on a mentally challenged person becase you can write a paper in 10 min and it took him one hour.

i dont get all this pc vs console drama, i think the memes that come out of it are funny but thats about it. 

My main issue with consoles, is games which are exclusive, and as such everyone else loses out. And that they're stunting the quality level / size of games being made. I.e, i've yet to find a console game (other than certain RPG's, which are usually available on pc anyway) that takes more than 48 hours for me to complete.

2 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

My main issue with consoles, is games which are exclusive, and as such everyone else loses out. And that they're stunting the quality level / size of games being made. I.e, i've yet to find a console game (other than certain RPG's, which are usually available on pc anyway) that takes more than 48 hours for me to complete.

there is only a few like uncharted and gears of war, games i wouldn't play in the first place, exclusives dont really matter to me. but thats just a tactic to get people to but the system