PI: How many digits can you recall?

TheSuspect

I can recall about 20-ish digits of PI. Who can do better? :^)

Nothing.

I'm not sure how much I can recall by heart,

but I have written down the first 10^64 digits, after that it loops again (:

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

3, because I couldn't be bothered to remember more.

If I'm gonna use pi, it will be in programming. And most (read as: all) of the programs/engines/languages I have had to use had a built in function for pi.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I got challenged to a "PI-off" before. I thought it was a pie eating competition, but turned out to be recalling the values of PI. Even better :) Well, it would be if I actually bothered to learn much. As standard I could do 14, I did try pushing a few more digits but have promptly forgotten them.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

3.1415926535 (I can remember ~10 digits)

Technology Entertainment Creativity

Technology Electricity Control

Technology Electronics Computers

Spent a day in school memorising pi a few years back, can still remember the first 24 digits now...

I never bothered  remember too many of the digits. I want to say the first six?

20 minutes ago, DXMember said:

Ignoring the fact that you would probably die before writing out 10^64 digits, Pi also never loops. 

Something thats interesting, you'll never need to memorize more than 39 digits of Pi, 39 is the number of digits required to calculate the circumference of the universe from its radius... To the width of 1 hydrogen atom. 

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/edu/news/2016/3/16/how-many-decimals-of-pi-do-we-really-need/

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

2 minutes ago, Blade of Grass said:

Ignoring the fact that you would probably die before writing out 10^64 digits, Pi also never loops. 

Something thats interesting, you'll never need to memorize more than 39 digits of Pi, 39 is the number of digits required to calculate the circumference of the universe from its radius... To the width of 1 hydrogen atom. 

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/edu/news/2016/3/16/how-many-decimals-of-pi-do-we-really-need/

I don't have to write it out by hand, as far as I know it has not been proven that Pi never loops, so right now your only option is to calculate the ((10^64)+1)th digit and prove me wrong.

There's also a lot of interesting theories of what would happen if someone proved that Pi loops or if all irrational numbers loop - that would enable the possibility of us living in a matrix.

And your fact is actually really fascinating )))

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Physically speaking, there is a definite ratio between the Radius and Circumference, but the numbers never end...

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Usually I know 20-25 digits (with number 21-25 I get kind of hesitant) but something like 4 years ago I was bored in math class and learned the first 120 degits within 2 weeks. During that period someone challanged me to learn 100 and I did beat that.

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

we had a "remembering pi" competition in high school, mostly just a shits & giggles thing from the math teachers.

then this one dude claimed he could remember X number of digits (where X was a very large number) and the teacher said "for every 100 digits you can remember i'll get you a crate of beer"

dude remembered 202 digits of pi, and went home with two crates of beer xD

EDIT: should add, someone wrote "3" on the contest :P

On the practical side, if you can memorize your credit card information then you're fine imo. To answer your question - roughly 30 digits before things get blurry.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

literally just 3.14 , nothing more . .

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Details separate people.

3 minutes ago, eLucid said:

On the practical side, if you can memorize your credit card information then you're fine imo. To answer your question - roughly 30 digits before things get blurry.

i can remember the powers of 2 up to 2^16, but i cant for the life of me remember even my own phone number xD

I learned 32, i guess i am a few digits short. 

1 hour ago, DXMember said:

I don't have to write it out by hand, as far as I know it has not been proven that Pi never loops, so right now your only option is to calculate the ((10^64)+1)th digit and prove me wrong.

He still proved that what you said was bs:

2 hours ago, DXMember said:

If you could prove that it looks again you would get an award. You never wrote down the first 10^64.

2 hours ago, DXMember said:

Which is really interesting since we only know 13.3 trillion digits which is approximately 10^13. You should apply for the Abel Prize. 

I never bothered to remember more than 3.14, which is embarrassing since I'm studying on Faculty of Science, Department of Mathematics. :ph34r:

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

like 6 its probabbly been like 7 years since i needed to use pi  more than 2 dps 

I lurk a lot

About 8 digits.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

80-some. I competed with my friend. I've forgotten some but meh. I'll write the numbers down here so someone can count for me.

Also tell me if I made a mistake.

EDIT: I'm surprised nobody has come on who know at least a couple hundred. It's not that hard, just time consuming.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270