Have a Logitech G930 and could use an upgrade!

Laucien

Hi!, basically that in the title :P. 

I bought a Logitech G930 something around 3 years ago and while it still works great it is kinda falling apart. Battery is all but fried, the foam in the cups are all worn and all that. So yeah, an upgrade would be nice. 

The problem with that is that I live in Argentina where getting good tech isn't all that easy. Some stuff are readily available like VGAs, motherboards, CPU and that, some others are much harder to shop for outside the more mainstream brands like Razer and Logitech (headsets fall in this category) and other stuff are outright nonexistent here like decent grade gaming monitors. 

I've been looking at a couple of different headsets: 

• Razer: Kraken 7.1 or the Tiamat 7.1 (I like the concept of the Tiamat but the internet seems split between loving them and hating them worse than Hitler). 
  • Logitech: Whatever the current version of the G930 is (can't remember the exact model). 
  • Sennheiser: The PC360 for gaming. 

I don't have a dedicated sound card but I'm told that the onboard one on an ASUS Maximus VII Ranger is a pretty good one. 

What I need is that they sound good for gaming and have a built-in mic as I don't have the room to spare to use a dedicated one nor do I do any serious streaming/similar that would benefit from that. I can't really pinpoint a budget because of currency exchange and how wildly different things are here. 

Which one do you think would do better? If you have any other recommendations I can look them up and see if they're available here. 

Thanks!. 

I own the Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933, and it's a pretty good headset, It's not audiophile grade, but it's pretty good.

12 minutes ago, Laucien said:

Hi!, basically that in the title :P. 

I bought a Logitech G930 something around 3 years ago and while it still works great it is kinda falling apart. Battery is all but fried, the foam in the cups are all worn and all that. So yeah, an upgrade would be nice. 

The problem with that is that I live in Argentina where getting good tech isn't all that easy. Some stuff are readily available like VGAs, motherboards, CPU and that, some others are much harder to shop for outside the more mainstream brands like Razer and Logitech (headsets fall in this category) and other stuff are outright nonexistent here like decent grade gaming monitors. 

I've been looking at a couple of different headsets: 

• Razer: Kraken 7.1 or the Tiamat 7.1 (I like the concept of the Tiamat but the internet seems split between loving them and hating them worse than Hitler). 
  • Logitech: Whatever the current version of the G930 is (can't remember the exact model). 
  • Sennheiser: The PC360 for gaming. 

I don't have a dedicated sound card but I'm told that the onboard one on an ASUS Maximus VII Ranger is a pretty good one. 

What I need is that they sound good for gaming and have a built-in mic as I don't have the room to spare to use a dedicated one nor do I do any serious streaming/similar that would benefit from that. I can't really pinpoint a budget because of currency exchange and how wildly different things are here. 

Which one do you think would do better? If you have any other recommendations I can look them up and see if they're available here. 

Thanks!. 

I had a G 930 and I upgraded to a Sennheiser HD 518.

It's fucking awesome.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, Pomfinator said:

HyperX Clouds or PC360. Any other options are shit.

Excuse me? You callin' sennheiser shit?

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Excuse me? You callin' sennheiser shit?

Did you...even read my post? Or did you mysteriously just not see the "PC360" in that sentence.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

24 minutes ago, Pomfinator said:

Did you...even read my post? Or did you mysteriously just not see the "PC360" in that sentence.

don't buy gaming headphones....

buy real headphones

hardware canuks has a video explaining them

36 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

buy real headphones

OP wants a gaming headset, with a perfectly valid reason why he wanted a built-in mic. I recommended the best headsets of the things he listed and one thing I know will work.  PC360 and Hyper X Clouds are great headsets, to say that they can't hold their own against "real headphones" is a disservice to them.  

You are also missing a mic recommendation in your "recommendation" above.

Also OP, if you're thinking Sennheiser, maybe good idea to get a Game Zero/One instead of PC360, if they are avail of course.

Speakers - KEF LSX

46 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

buy real headphones

Some folks just want a solution that works out-of-the-box. No need to fault someone for wanting a headset, if that's what they actually want.

It's just as bad as Android users pushing their rhetoric on iOS users.

4 hours ago, Pomfinator said:

OP wants a gaming headset, with a perfectly valid reason why he wanted a built-in mic. I recommended the best headsets of the things he listed and one thing I know will work.  PC360 and Hyper X Clouds are great headsets, to say that they can't hold their own against "real headphones" is a disservice to them.  

Also OP, if you're thinking Sennheiser, maybe good idea to get a Game Zero/One instead of PC360, if they are avail of course.

I use a Blue SnowBall for Mic. Actually decent Mic quality. But something more affordable is modmic

4 hours ago, Pomfinator said:

Is there a difference between the Zero and One or just a different color?. Those seem to be available here and they're actually half as much as the PC360. Are there any big differences between the 360 and the Zero/One?.

Also, this might sound noob but I gotta ask... do I want the "virtual surround" thing that my current G930 have?. 

48 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I use a Blue SnowBall for Mic. Actually decent Mic quality. But something more affordable is modmic

Apparently you didn't read the OP either. nvm  But I wouldn't call the modmic very affordable, it's $40+ in the US.

9 minutes ago, Laucien said:

Is there a difference between the Zero and One or just a different color?. Those seem to be available here and they're actually half as much as the PC360. Are there any big differences between the 360 and the Zero/One?.

Also, this might sound noob but I gotta ask... do I want the "virtual surround" thing that my current G930 have?. 

One's open, one's closed.  The One will leak sound out, sound will come in, the Zero will isolate you to a degree.

General consensus is that virtual surround is pretty garbo.  But if you feel like you still want it, you can always use Razer Surround through software instead.

Speakers - KEF LSX

2 minutes ago, Pomfinator said:

Apparently you didn't read the OP either.

One's open, one's closed.  If you the One will leak sound out, sound will come in, the Zero will isolate you to a degree.

General consensus is that virtual surround is pretty garbo.  But if you feel like you still want it, you can always use Razer Surround through software instead.

Well then I can't help OP. It's just too bad he has to compromise on that.

3 minutes ago, Pomfinator said:

Apparently you didn't read the OP either. nvm  But I wouldn't call the modmic very affordable, it's $40+ in the US.

One's open, one's closed.  The One will leak sound out, sound will come in, the Zero will isolate you to a degree.

I said it was "more" affordable. I never claimed it was super duper cheap.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

I said it was "more" affordable. I never claimed it was super duper cheap.

I just checked the Amazon, price, it's more expensive than a Snowball, not affordable at all.

Speakers - KEF LSX

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the ideas. Yes, I know there are countless more options than what I've listed here but is something I have to compromise on due to where I live and how crazy expensive importing stuff can be. 

Speaking of weird prices and availability. I've been looking around and found I can get the ASUS Strix 7.1 with the external sound card at something like 20% cheaper of what the Sennheiser PC360 sells for here. The Strix DSP is also an option but with import taxes+shipping it costs basically the same as the 7.1 version. Thoughts on either of those?. 

I can't order from Amazon.com but can get some items that are available in the European parts of Amazon (.co.uk, .de, .fr and .it) so if there are any products there you can recommend link me to it and I'll check if it delivers here and would get through customs. Taxes and other charges vary wildly from one product to the other even within the same category so just because one product is more expensive than another one doesn't mean the first would be more expensive to get here than the cheaper one. An example of that would be the 2 Strix headphones I linked above. The 7.1 version ends up costing the same as the DSP one. 

A couple things to keep in mind: 

1. Can't be wireless (custom restriction). 
  2. Can't have a built-in battery (shipping restriction). 
  3. Needs to be sold and shipped by Amazon (shipping restriction). 
  4. I'd a headset so headphones+mic built in. Have enough clutter and little room as it is (personal taste :P). 

37 minutes ago, Laucien said:

Thanks for all the ideas. Yes, I know there are countless more options than what I've listed here but is something I have to compromise on due to where I live and how crazy expensive importing stuff can be. 

Speaking of weird prices and availability. I've been looking around and found I can get the ASUS Strix 7.1 with the external sound card at something like 20% cheaper of what the Sennheiser PC360 sells for here. The Strix DSP is also an option but with import taxes+shipping it costs basically the same as the 7.1 version. Thoughts on either of those?. 

I can't order from Amazon.com but can get some items that are available in the European parts of Amazon (.co.uk, .de, .fr and .it) so if there are any products there you can recommend link me to it and I'll check if it delivers here and would get through customs. Taxes and other charges vary wildly from one product to the other even within the same category so just because one product is more expensive than another one doesn't mean the first would be more expensive to get here than the cheaper one. An example of that would be the 2 Strix headphones I linked above. The 7.1 version ends up costing the same as the DSP one. 

A couple things to keep in mind: 

1. Can't be wireless (custom restriction). 
  2. Can't have a built-in battery (shipping restriction). 
  3. Needs to be sold and shipped by Amazon (shipping restriction). 
  4. I'd a headset so headphones+mic built in. Have enough clutter and little room as it is (personal taste :P). 

The strix are utter shit just like all razer and Logitech headsets also are. Get the game zero or one if you can, they have so much higher sound quality than any Asus, Logitech or Razer headsets will ever have.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Got it!. 

I found the HyperX Cloud 2 and the HyperX Revolver at a really nice price here so I'll go with one of those. Any advice between those two?. I'm leaning more towards the Revolver but can totally go either way depending on what you guys think. 

Also, would a dedicated sound card be worth it? I've been looking into this whole audio and headphones bit and found a really good deal here on the "Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus". 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:00 PM, Laucien said:

Got it!. 

I found the HyperX Cloud 2 and the HyperX Revolver at a really nice price here so I'll go with one of those. Any advice between those two?. I'm leaning more towards the Revolver but can totally go either way depending on what you guys think. 

Also, would a dedicated sound card be worth it? I've been looking into this whole audio and headphones bit and found a really good deal here on the "Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus". 

IDK. I wouldn't recommend either so I am the wrong person to ask.

because I would go for GOOD headphones + dedicated mic.