do you keep you PC run 24/7 or you turn it off when not using it ?

maria2244

do you keep your pc run 24 /7 with sleep set to never and monitor set to never shut down also ?

or you give it a rest and turn it off when not using it ?

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

2 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

do you keep your pc run 24 /7 with sleep set to never and monitor set to never shut down also ?

or you give it a rest and turn it off when not using it ?

i'm currently using for ethereum mining , so it's on almost 24/7

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I have it running when I'm at home (70% of the week) but it's almost always off when I'm outside (unless I'm downloading something)

i5 4670k | Noctua NH0-U12S | Asus Z97M Plus | Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb | Palit GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6G | Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

WD Caviar Blue 1tb | Seasonic M12II 850W | Fractal Design Define R5 | Dell U3014 1600p 30" 60Hz

Corsair K65 | Razer Orochi | Bose QuietComfort 15 | Creative SBS A350 2.1

I turn my PC off at night. (and only turn it on when I will use it, so it's not like I get out of bed to turn my PC on)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Used to keep it on 24/7 because of how long my computer took to start up (Very bad idea.)... Now I turn it off cause my new SSD makes it super duper fast :D 

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

2 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Same so it's basically 24/7 unless my GPU decides to f***ing blackscreen :( (I don't know the cause of it as literally it started as I changed 4 variables...PSU, drivers, motherboard+CPU, started to mine and 2 of them are hardware related changes which makes it impossible to diagnose...but I've added some power and voltage and it's now stable so...meh).

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

i put it in hyper sleep instead of turning it off, draws about a watt or two from the wall and everything is keept as you left it and then i also turn off my screens. its what i prefer because i have loads of things open all the time and its a bitch getting all the windows back to were they were before i turned it off. hyper sleep is awesome

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

My computer is in a small room(same room that I sleep in).  With that I turn my computer off at night.  One due to noise (lots of fans), two due to the lights, and 3 it significantly heats up the room which I hate.  So off at night, turns on when I use it for the first time that day.

Unless it takes ages for the computer to start up or have constant updates that you want auto installed then there is no real reason to leave it on 24/7

• CPUi5-4460
  • MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus VII Hero
  • RAMG. Skills Ripjaws 4x4
  • GPUXFX Radeon R9 280 Black
  • CaseNZXT Noctis 450
  • Storage120 GB Kingston SSD; 1TB HDD
  • PSUCorsair HX 850 GOLD
  • Display(s)LG 34UC97
  • CoolingCooler Master V8 GTS
  • KeyboardRazer Blackwidow
  • MouseMad Catz R.A.T. 7
  • Operating SystemWin 10

Left on for downloads (With a shutdown timer if a small download)

I don't mind turning it off n on again even if I'm away for 10-15mins.

Whenever I leave the house (not downloading) it's off.

I don't even pay for power, but it's something I've done for ages. (Even with mechanicals, just did it less often back then)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I shutdown my system when I'm asleep or not home. I've seen the result of leaving a system on 24/7. The dust buildup becomes ludicrous. Not to mention it's unnecessary degradation of your hardware.

Depends on what im doing, Typically I just walk away from my PC 

Mine is on 24/7. I find it very handy if I need to remote into it for something.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

Its on for most of the time because I work on videos during the day and upload at night so no sleep. If I don't upload at night then I manually put it to sleep or shut down (whichever one the mouse happens to land on that night).

I only keep it on when I'm using it, (50% of my day) but when I'm sleeping or at school, or just somewhere else I turn it off unless I'm downloading something. 

I only turn mine on if I am going to be using it and turn it off at night, partially it is because it is in my room and the fans make a lot of noise and the light from it would make it hard to sleep

It's usually on when I'm at home as I always have music playing in the background. I turn it off when I go to bed (or set it on a timer if I'm still downloading) or when I leave the house.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

I used to always shutdown, now I have a 5 minute timer for sleep mode. At college it's useful so I can run right out of my room and not worry about shutting it down.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

I shut my computer down when I'm gone for longer periods of time or i go to bed.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I used to keep it on for torrents and stuff, and also because cold booting the computer on a harddrive took ages. Now that computers boot on SSD's and we have streaming, I don't really see the point anymore.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

During the winter, mine's on 24/7, because I live in an ooold apartment building and the heat's not the best, and they don't want any space heaters.

Now that Summer's nearly upon us, it gets turned off every once in awhile, when my room gets too hot.

10 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

10 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Same so it's basically 24/7 unless my GPU decides to f***ing blackscreen :( (I don't know the cause of it as literally it started as I changed 4 variables...PSU, drivers, motherboard+CPU, started to mine and 2 of them are hardware related changes which makes it impossible to diagnose...but I've added some power and voltage and it's now stable so...meh).

Same.

But my gpu doesnt have problems

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."