-50% on The Secret World!

That Norwegian Guy

Normally I expect gamers these days to know when there's a sale on something on Steam, but in this case I should express my sincere and heartfelt recommendation of what I think is the best story-driven MMORPG of all time. And IMO the best MMO of 2012.

If you played Star Wars: ToR and weren't impressed with the story, and thought it could use another helping of "good", this is it.

It is a very solid game but it has some drawbacks:

-Early combat feels stiff until you assemble a good selection of skills to make a fluent build

-Animations are at times disjointed-looking, due to characters being designed to always be able to move and use any ability at the same time (I say this is a good thing)

-Some zones are tough to solo. But a good kind of tough. A kind of "this game isn't babying me" tough.

-The only PvP worth doing is El Dorado. Stonehenge is a lame meat grind and Fusang is persistent war zone gone wrong. (For now, they have some cool-sounding updates planned)

Other than that, the game's strong points are:

-Buy to play, no subscription, no pay-to-win.

-Hands down the best dungeon group content in an MMO. I would be bold enough to state this as fact!

-One of the most graphically pleasing MMOs, and a breath of fresh air in art direction.

-A setting unlike anything else. This game is Supernatural, X-Files, H.P. Lovecraft, World of Darkness and Enemy of the State rolled into one.

-Never ever ever does it feel grindy.

-Silent protagonist. No break of immersion due to your character blabbering responses you would never say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MXgWLg9fVI

I don't know anyone that have tried this game and regretted it!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Is it subscription based? One time payment like GW2?

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Is it subscription based? One time payment like GW2?

Buy to play, no subscription. Cosmetic and light convenience cash shop, and they release DLC mission packs every 2-3 months for $5 (endgame story missions)

Like these ones:

There is no advantage to gain from these missions that you can't otherwise get in other missions, so it's really cool. They are however masterfully done stories.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.