Some information on custom gtx 1070/1080 gpus (Back to 2008?)

LeapFrogMasterRace

Seriously.....,

GALAX GeForce GTX 1080 Reference 3

On the bright side we know that we will be getting good custom boards that include hybrids

EVGA is launching new ACX 3.0 cooling solution, it will be used in SuperClocked and For the Win series.

EVGA will also launch Classified, Hybrid and Hydro Copper GTX 1080 Series.

Seems like the MSRP of $599 will only apply to ugly coolers, expect to have to shell out more money for a better card. 

http://videocardz.com/60269/custom-geforce-gtx-1080-1070-cards-what-we-know

If you are curious here is also the article for the Galax http://videocardz.com/59813/first-custom-geforce-gtx-1080-is-here-gp104-400-confirmed

wow thats a disgusting card. 

i thought the lambo cooler was bad, but jesus thats just terrible. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

10 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Seriously.....,

On the bright side we know that we will be getting good custom boards that include hybrids

Seems like the MSRP of $599 will only apply to ugly coolers, expect to have to shell out more money for a better card. 

If you are curious here is also the article for the Galax http://videocardz.com/59813/first-custom-geforce-gtx-1080-is-here-gp104-400-confirmed

That card is more ugly than Donald trump , holy crap..!

I think I prefer the solid black one. 

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

Are you serious about the hydro copper 1080? I know what I'm buying unless there would be a 1080Ti Hydro copper

1 minute ago, TriFlix Films said:

Are you serious about the hydro copper 1080? I know what I'm buying unless there would be a 1080Ti Hydro copper

Yes and sense Pascal is nothing but Maxwell with insane clocks it could actually make a difference (assuming it has more than one 8 pin for power). I don't see why they wouldn't also make a 1080Ti hydro copper.

1 minute ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Kekest thing today

Surprised no one posted it, already 9 hours old. B|

Honestly , i expected this . I remember when the 970 launched with an msrp of 329$ , and only the basic zotac 970 was available at that price . Nowadays you can get nice models like msi twin frozr models for like 315$. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Why give a damn about the uglyness? 95% of the cases have it installed upside down, and as long as the side profile looks ok it's $600 for a reference cooler (if it even cools the same as a FE 1080) on a 1080 without a backplate. Seems fine to me.

Ye ole' train

1 minute ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Why give a damn about the uglyness? 95% of the cases have it installed upside down, and as long as the side profile looks ok it's $600 for a reference cooler (if it even cools the same as a FE 1080) on a 1080 without a backplate. Seems fine to me.

I can see your opinion on that but you will vomit every time you have to de-dust it.

Argh what is with this tacky put rgb led's on everything trend -_-. Honestly I'd take the galaxy over the others, at least it doesn't look like im trying to have a disco in my room smh.

Edit: My pic is for the lol's so don't even.

Y u so ugly m8?!

Really i know it has to be cheap but come on, if you go cheap, go all the way then design wise.

No sticker, and just a square piece of plastic, job done.

And simple designs can look good, look at the fury X, simple design, looks good!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Can't seem to make out how many power connectors any of these have :(

C-Mon dual 8-pin for maximum overclocking!

39 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Seriously.....,

There's only one proper reaction 

http://rs644.pbsrc.com/albums/uu170/bringthebeards/Laughing/conan-rofl.gif

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

I would assume the cooling is a bit worse than the reference, at best on par so thermal issues would come before power issues but this would be cool if it had more than one 8 pin for water cooling.  

28 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Honestly , i expected this . I remember when the 970 launched with an msrp of 329$ , and only the basic zotac 970 was available at that price . Nowadays you can get nice models like msi twin frozr models for like 315$. 

You could get EVGA blowers and EVGA ACX for that price too. The ones that cost more were the SC and FTW.

Seeing how ALL currently announced GeForce 1080/1070 cards look, I think the founder edition is pretty good choice with its premium price.

But I think the real reason is that  manufactures keep their nice cooler on models that they plane on selling at around the same as the Founder Edition.

So really, the only people that benefits from the lower priced models are:

-> People that just don't care

-> Water cooling (as they don't care, they'll put their water block).

7 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

I would assume the cooling is a bit worse than the reference, at best on par so thermal issues would come before power issues but this would be cool if it had more than one 8 pin for water cooling.  

Yeah. I'm planning on water cooling. Probably won't me more than a single 8-pin on the Galax, but hopefully on the other, nicer ones. Especially with their more robust cooling solutions.

38 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Even though the FE can't maintain it's boost clock because it thermal throttles... (Goes down to 1607 at 85 C)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

with that vendor name(Galax) the stickers fits it perfectly, cheap chinese garbage

Just now, deviant88 said:

with that vendor name(Galax) the stickers fits it perfectly, cheap chinese garbage

They have made some decent cards before like the HOF

GALAX-GeForce-GTX-980-Ti-HOF-EX-WC_PCB_3

fuckign hell thats ugly. put it in a bag and drown it!

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

23 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

The Zotac's (the last image that shows both sides of the card) looks to be at least an 8+6. (The image really wasn't very clear concerning the solder points so it could have been an 8+8)

8+6 should be plenty for overclocks