Battleborn Drops to $40

On the day of Overwatch's release Battleborn drops the price to 40 dollars (PC), even with Blizzard's Overwatch's initial Price (60$ edition also available). Seems like a quick turn around, considering it was released at 60 dollars only a few weeks ago. 

http://kotaku.com/battleborn-drops-to-40-just-in-time-for-overwatch-1778167718

Just three weeks after launching, Gearbox’s hero shooter Battleborn is already down from $60 to $40 both at retail and digital. And oh, hey, did you know thatOverwatch goes live today?

Don't know if I would be to happy to have just spent 20 dollars more  a few weeks ago. Seems kinda desparate. What do you think?

I personally would feel pretty bummed but then I am on the overwatch side of things so in the end idon't care much. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I agree, I don't care for battleborn and am currently hyped for overwatch, but it seems that battle born is really trying too hard to compete with overwatch, when in reality they are very different games in a broad hero shooter "genre".

battleborn suffers from visual diarrhea, way too much shit on the screen. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Battleborn really wan't that great of a game IMO and they have to compete.
Overwatch really is a great game IMO.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

less than a month after launch and drops $20??? If I was an earlier buyer I would be PISSED (especially since, after playing the game for a bit, the game is ehh IMO)

I played the beta for overwatch and, while two distinct games, battleborn can't compete. I will buy it the moment it goes on sale or when I notice the servers consistently being populated (which I hope). 

but it's only available on battle net right? Can I find it on sale anywhere? :/

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

50 minutes ago, GeekJump said:

less than a month after launch and drops $20??? If I was an earlier buyer I would be PISSED (especially since, after playing the game for a bit, the game is ehh IMO)

I played the beta for overwatch and, while two distinct games, battleborn can't compete. I will buy it the moment it the moment it goes on sale or when I notice the servers consistently being populated (which I hope). 

You'll have to connect to battle.net to play Overwatch. That's just how Blizzard does it.

At least they don't disconnect you from single-player games when you're offline, I guess.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

You'll have to connect to battle.net to play Overwatch. That's just how Blizzard does it.

At least they don't disconnect you from single-player games when you're offline, I guess.

I mean there's no chance I can find it on a merchant's site right? I see it on Amazon and Gamespot but neither really do game sales.

And Overwatch has singleplayer!??!?!

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

1 minute ago, GeekJump said:

I mean there's no chance I can find it on a merchant's site right? I see it on Amazon and Gamespot but neither really do game sales.

And Overwatch has singleplayer!??!?!

Nah I was talking about Diablo / Starcraft which do

The point is, you're locked into battle.net if you want it. Not my favourite thing, but it is what it is.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Nah I was talking about Diablo / Starcraft which do

The point is, you're locked into battle.net if you want it. Not my favourite thing, but it is what it is.

Got me excited for a second. But I was thinking price wise. You know sometimes you can get a steam game on GMG for cheap. I was hoping I could find Overwatch for cheap to but no such luck so far. 

Kind of wish I got the founder's edition at GS for the in game skins, the poster, and the lil Winston figure xD

I really enjoyed Battleborn's open beta (though I agree with the 'visual diarrhea' comment), but I didn't buy it on launch because I suspected it wasn't going to be terribly popular. The fact that they didn't go over 6k concurrent players this past double-xp weekend seems to confirm my worry. I hope the price drops and the balance patch brings some players back, but unless I see some consistent ~10k playerbase numbers I'm going to hold off. 

EDIT: To add, I can see current Battleborn players being upset by this price drop, but on the other hand, I've seen players complain about frustrating matchmaking (due to low player numbers, presumably). Giving the game a shot in the arm like this might be one of the few ways to help the Multiplayer experience.

I tried the alpha and beta of Battleborn, it's a fun game but notmy type, on the other side I played the overwatch beta and instantly preordered it, I enjoyed it quite a lot.

I can understand why people compare them, yeah they have a cartoony visual style but they are quite different, one is a moba style game, the other is more of a classic team based fps like tf2 ^^

Plus I've heard battleborn has some issues and a couple of balance annoyances regarding especially the robot sniper (marquees?)

And then blizzard discounts overwatch to $20, GG.

Joking aside,

I watched total biscuit's video on battleborn and played the crap out of overwatch open beta. Also on the overwatch train.

Battleborn seems to be...too complex? You got to handle your character abilities, pvp, pve, the objective, and the well being of your base...

Overwatch ends up more fun for me due to it's more simple design. Handle character abilities, pve, and objective; while still being aggressively competitive.

Not to mention I MUCH prefer overwatch's visual over battleborn's.

Cant compete with blizzard games. One of the last legendary publishers IMO. Plus blizzcon is awesome every year

I don't plan on buying either game, even for $10

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I don't plan on buying either game, even for $10

Thank you for your insightful input.

1 minute ago, Xorbot said:

Thank you for your insightful input.

Its a forum, I am free to express my completely useless opinion 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Battlebomb

PC: i3 6100/R9 380X 4GB/8GB DDR4/840GB worth of SSDs * rMBP: i7 4870HQ/GT 750M 2GB/16GB DDR3/512GB SSD * Wii U 8GB/XB1S 2TB

47 minutes ago, Ze_Mako said:

Battlebomb

I believe the term the playerbase is using is "BattleStillborn" :P

45 minutes ago, Scionyde said:

I believe the term the playerbase is using is "BattleStillborn" :P

Eugh. Not a fan of that name for it. 

PC: i3 6100/R9 380X 4GB/8GB DDR4/840GB worth of SSDs * rMBP: i7 4870HQ/GT 750M 2GB/16GB DDR3/512GB SSD * Wii U 8GB/XB1S 2TB

17 hours ago, GeekJump said:

I played the beta for overwatch and, while two distinct games, battleborn can't compete. I will buy it the moment it goes on sale or when I notice the servers consistently being populated (which I hope). 

You would be pissed if a game you bought dropped 20 USD lower a month after release? That's kind of ridiculous, seeing as if you pre order a game you know you will pay full price and risk the chance of it getting cheaper later (either through a price drop or just because of a sale).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

meh, already bought overwatch, that's the only fps i'll need for the next decade or two

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>