DX Racer - What's the difference?

Virtual01

I'm trying to buy a DX racer but they are making it very difficult to do so. Most of the information on their site is either outdated or not specific enough. Hopefully someone here knows something about these so I can make a decision.

I'm basically trying to decide between two models:
http://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/product/1/gaming_chairs/racing_series/oh-rv001-nr/

and

http://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/product/1/gaming_chairs/racing_series/oh-re0-ne/

As far as I can tell, there is basically no difference between these chairs aside from one of them being "designed" for taller people and one being designed for normal sized people. However, aside from a listing in the specs of the chair, I can't find a single difference that would support this. Both chairs have the exact same measurements all around, so how exactly is one magically suited for someone 4-5 inches taller than the other? Based on my body type I should get the small chair but the thing is that I reallllly want the tilt angle lock feature, which is only available on the chair for taller people. Does anybody know if there is an ACTUAL difference between the two chairs? I tried contacting their customer support and they have been extremely unhelpful, directing me back to information that I had already looked at.

differences:

Chair Cover Color : Black and Red
Chair Cover Material : Carbon Look Vinyl+PU
Adjustable Armrests : 4D (SP/0146/N)
Gas Lift Specification : 80/40 (SP/0306/N)
Caster Size & Material : 3" Caster/PU (SP/0704/N)
Weight Capacity : <250 lb / 113 kg
Height of Recommended User : <6'1" / 1.85 m

Chair Cover Color : Black and Green
Chair Cover Material : PU
Adjustable Armrests : 3D (SP/0148/N)
Gas Lift Specification : 100/20 (SP/0302/N)
Caster Size & Material : 2" Caster/PU (SP/0708/N)
Weight Capacity : <200 lb / 91 kg
Height of Recommended User : <5'9" / 1.75 m

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

differences:

Chair Cover Color : Black and Red
Chair Cover Material : Carbon Look Vinyl+PU
Adjustable Armrests : 4D (SP/0146/N)
Gas Lift Specification : 80/40 (SP/0306/N)
Caster Size & Material : 3" Caster/PU (SP/0704/N)

Chair Cover Color : Black and Green
Chair Cover Material : PU
Adjustable Armrests : 3D (SP/0148/N)
Gas Lift Specification : 100/20 (SP/0302/N)
Caster Size & Material : 2" Caster/PU (SP/0708/N)

5 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Yeah I get that there are minor differences, but how can they say that one chair is for much larger people when they are the exact same size? I must be missing something.

1 minute ago, Virtual01 said:

Yeah I get that there are minor differences, but how can they say that one chair is for much larger people when they are the exact same size? I must be missing something.

probably becase one lifts up higher than the other 

1 minute ago, Virtual01 said:

one can lift a bit higher

also it has a stronger lift and more durable casters for heavier/larger people

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

probably becase one lifts up higher than the other 

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

one can lift a bit higher

also it has a stronger lift and more durable casters for heavier/larger people

None of this makes any sense. The min/max seat height for both models is the same according to the spec sheet, yet the chair dimensions page clearly shows a pretty large difference. And why would the chair for taller people be lower to the ground? Shouldn't it be higher since taller people have longer legs?

7 minutes ago, Virtual01 said:

None of this makes any sense. The min/max seat height for both models is the same according to the spec sheet, yet the chair dimensions page clearly shows a pretty large difference. And why would the chair for taller people be lower to the ground? Shouldn't it be higher since taller people have longer legs?

from the images it looks like they are both 50-53" so they probably lift the same

its just that the one for heavier people has more pressure

Spoiler