First GTX 1080 SLI Benchmarks

FirstArmada

SLI 1080 Benchmarks conducted by Tek Syndicate show average SLI scaling and expected results , note this is using standard SLI bridge not the new "High Bandwidth Connector" or whatever they're calling it atleast now we have a baseline and will know if the HBC is just snake oil if it preforms as well as a normal SLI connector 

6 minutes ago, FirstArmada said:

note this is using standard SLI bridge not the new "High Bandwidth Connector" or whatever they're calling it atleast now we have a baseline and will know if the HBC is just snake oil if it preforms as well as a normal SLI connector 

from what Tom Petersen said on the PCPer stream, the new HB connector is similar to the LED SLI connector that nVidia used in the previous series 

cripes this review triggered me 

why the shiting bat balls would you even BOTHER running 1080p benchmarks with SLI 980ti / 1080's 

"well geepers lets see here, one combinations gets 200 fps... and the other gets 220 fps... I am so glad we were able to run this comparsion so yall can use this to make the right choice in building your pc"

/wrists

#putoutthenets

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

12 minutes ago, Cheddle said:

why the shiting bat balls would you even BOTHER running 1080p benchmarks with SLI 980ti / 1080's 

"well geepers lets see here, one combinations gets 200 fps... and the other gets 220 fps... I am so glad we were able to run this comparsion so yall can use this to make the right choice in building your pc"

/wrists

#putoutthenets

As he stated at the beginning of the benchmarks he was at someone elses home and only had an hour, chance are that person only had a 1080P and 4K monitor no 1440P monitors 

11 minutes ago, FirstArmada said:

As he stated at the beginning of the benchmarks he was at someone elses home and only had an hour, chance are that person only had a 1080P and 4K monitor no 1440P monitors 

What a waste of an hour lol.

He should have run DSR.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

27 minutes ago, FirstArmada said:

Ask yourself this question: Is it possible to run a benchmark at 1440p on a 4K montior?

2 hours ago, zMeul said:

from what Tom Petersen said on the PCPer stream, the new HB connector is similar to the LED SLI connector that nVidia used in the previous series 

But this time it literally connects two GPU's using two pipes...

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

38 minutes ago, Xorbot said:

Ask yourself this question: Is it possible to run a benchmark at 1440p on a 4K montior?

Now i feel dumb ;_; 

Then again most people play at 1080P and most people were looking forward most to its 4K benchmarks results or at least i was so makes sense to me

1 hour ago, Cheddle said:

/wrists

#putoutthenets

Hey it's Logan and Tek Syndicate: expect a "Fuck the establishment" vibe from fucking EVERYTHING they do. And for some of the things like their denounce of ISPs, thats actually ok. For hardware reviews? Fucking garbage i.e. Remember when they were basically the only ones saying the 8350 traded blows with an i5 and i7? Similar fucking bullshit to what you're seeing here to cherry pick results.

Honestly I mostly watch Pistol stream and Hardware and Linux videos if they're specifically made by Wendell. Logan and Qain are basically anti-establishment cartoons at this point: "This is popular.....fuck it!....for reasons"

-------

Current Rig

-------

14 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Hey it's Logan and Tek Syndicate: expect a "Fuck the establishment" vibe from fucking EVERYTHING they do. And for some of the things like their denounce of ISPs, thats actually ok. For hardware reviews? Fucking garbage i.e. Remember when they were basically the only ones saying the 8350 traded blows with an i5 and i7? Similar fucking bullshit to what you're seeing here to cherry pick results.

Honestly I mostly watch Pistol stream and Hardware and Linux videos if they're specifically made by Wendell. Logan and Qain are basically anti-establishment cartoons at this point: "This is popular.....fuck it!....for reasons"

I just like their voices 

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

That's creepy but fair enough

I don't know why someone liking a voice is creepy.

That's literally how I choose my favourite singers and literature narrators.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

kinda numbing to see just the video link , some graphs/jpg/numbers would've done better along with that  imo

Details separate people.

Lol, he said that 146 fps was the fastest he'd ever seen in the Valley benchmark. Maybe he hasn't seen our thread? He'd be in 12th place overall with his score here...

The fastest score we have is 185.2 fps on a 980ti SLI setup on conventional cooling.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

2 hours ago, GidonsClaw said:

But this time it literally connects two GPU's using two pipes...

what you are saying, from what I recall, is that the High Bandwidth bridge will show it's potential only in some scenarios

here:

slitable.jpg

the new HB bridge will show it's potential only when going above UHD resolution and when using a surround setup - otherwise, the HB bridge will offer the same performance as the existing SLI LED bridge

the 1st ~5 minutes are relevant to this discussion

the thing with this HB bridge is that it replaces the ones offered with mobos, the flexible bridges, that have shown issues with bandwidth

Edited by zMeul

3 hours ago, Cheddle said:

/wrists

#putoutthenets

Just stop talking

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

4 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Yep, I used to subscribe until they joined the misinformed Seagate bashing crowd, most unprofessional Youtube tech channel there is. Which is fine, they're not required to be professional. But god is it cringe to have them regurgitate misinformed witch hunt opinions like the Backblaze slander.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

7 hours ago, Xorbot said:

yes. i do all the time. on 3 monitors at the same time.

8 hours ago, Cheddle said:

/wrists

#putoutthenets

I would say 1080p benchmarks are highly relevant. They might feel stupid because "Of course it can handle 1080p at high FPS", which is true. But, most people still have 1080p monitors, so that is their personal reference. Looking at graphs are good, but comparing what you personally experience with your own card, with the FPS achieved in tests with the new one, is a good way to see how much better it is than what you have. 
I like 4K benchmarks to see if a card would be able to run 4K, but I also want the 1080p benchmarks to see how it stacks up against my own card (and what I will experience until I get my self a 4k monitor)

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

6 hours ago, aerandir92 said:

I would say 1080p benchmarks are highly relevant. They might feel stupid because "Of course it can handle 1080p at high FPS", which is true. But, most people still have 1080p monitors, so that is their personal reference. Looking at graphs are good, but comparing what you personally experience with your own card, with the FPS achieved in tests with the new one, is a good way to see how much better it is than what you have. 
I like 4K benchmarks to see if a card would be able to run 4K, but I also want the 1080p benchmarks to see how it stacks up against my own card (and what I will experience until I get my self a 4k monitor)

I think he's just getting at the fact that no sane person would run SLI 1080s and then proceed to sit there and play games in 1080p.

That fact makes the benchmark irrelevant and useless in real world terms.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

1 hour ago, No Nrg said:

I think he's just getting at the fact that no sane person would run SLI 1080s and then proceed to sit there and play games in 1080p.

That fact makes the benchmark irrelevant and useless in real world terms.

Then again if given 4K and 1080 benchmarks we can guesstimate that 1440P results would be between the two

6 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

This guy saying 980 "tie" triggers me so hard

This guy pronounces it right 

17 hours ago, Cheddle said:

What a waste of an hour lol.

He should have run DSR.

DSR isn't supported when running SLI. At least last time I checked (~1 year ago).

14 hours ago, aerandir92 said:

The difficulty becomes that unless you also run this test with 2 or 3 CPU's of varying performance you will not be getting a clear measurement on the performance difference between the two GPU's. 

Running comparisons in this manner leads to a big fat YMMV.