Which Monitor Should I Get?

Electro_XD

Hello, 

I'm planning to build a new PC, so I need a monitor. 

What I use my monitor for:

- Gaming

- Graphic Design (Illustrator and Photoshop)

- School Work 

What graphics card do I plan to use:

GTX 1070 (More likely) or a GTX 980 ti

What do I want for my monitor:

1440p+ Resolution

Wide screen for multitasking (WQHD?)

Slim bezels (Not a must I do like slim bezels)

Budget

About $350 USD

not happening for 350 unless Craigslist or bought used, for what you are asking you need to at least be at $650ish range i recently bought a nice monitor and looked everywhere., Sorry to say but you have to invest more money if you want it good sir.

“Does Yggdrasil drink from it because it is the Well of Wisdom, or is it the Well of Wisdom because Yggdrasil drinks from it?” 
― J. Aleksandr WoottonHer Unwelcome Inheritance

CPU Intel 6700k @4.7ghz  Motherboard Asus Rampage Formula VIII RAM 16gb (4x4) Corsair Dominator Platinums GPU Evga Hybrid 980ti

Case ThermalTake X71 Storage 512gb 950 Samsung M.2 PSU 1000Hxi Corsair Cooling 115i Corsair CLC 280mm
Operating System Windows 10 64bit

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Gaming-S2716DG-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B0149QBOF0/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1463491487&sr=1-1&keywords=dell+gsync

Cheapest and best imo with excellent quality control and you get g-sync since you are using nvidia gpus this is especially a sweet deal i have used the monitor for a month now and could not do with out.

“Does Yggdrasil drink from it because it is the Well of Wisdom, or is it the Well of Wisdom because Yggdrasil drinks from it?” 

CPU Intel 6700k @4.7ghz  Motherboard Asus Rampage Formula VIII RAM 16gb (4x4) Corsair Dominator Platinums GPU Evga Hybrid 980ti

Case ThermalTake X71 Storage 512gb 950 Samsung M.2 PSU 1000Hxi Corsair Cooling 115i Corsair CLC 280mm

Just now, godzrule said:

1440p+ Resolution

for $350 i know what i was talking about good sir. the above is not happening at $350.

further more at $200 more the monitor is a 10/10 has everything and g-sync, i am looking out for his build long term no sense to buy a 1070 or 1080 then get a subpar monitor.

6 minutes ago, godzrule said:

1440p+ Resolution

for $350 i know what i was talking about good sir. the above is not happening at $350.

All the monitors i listed are 1440p WQHD, maybe not all of them have slim bezels, but as he said it's not a must!

Here's another good one, best option in my opinion, it's a little over $350 though.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014X4U076/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=A9K8RFT69DOW&coliid=I1SJP5OH316MRR

6 minutes ago, Cottontails said:

*snip*

2 minutes ago, godzrule said:

*snip*

@Cottontails Thanks for your help, I think that the Asus PB258Q is a very good recommendation, it's very similar to what I'm looking for. 

@godzrule Thank you good sir, I do agree that buying a good monitor is important for my future, however I don't need the top notch ones like the one you've recommend to me, as I've mentioned above, the one Cottontails have recommend for me have suited my needs. 

1 minute ago, Cottontails said:

All the monitors i listed are 1440p WQHD, maybe not all of them have slim bezels, but as he said it's not a must!

they do and he did, however having a 1070 or 1080 and then using it on a monitor that was not meant for gaming will not be ideal and for 200$ increase he literally gain everything. Its true that it is outside of 350$ but investing 200$ even if saving needs to happen or waiting is well worth the returns with g-sync also he would gain slim boarders. I agree that in finding a 350 i was not successful i still believe that investing 200 will be a much better idea and wont ever require updating for sometime like a 350$ investment would. anyways i have to go to work. To OP your call at the end of the day its your setup thats being affected.

1 minute ago, Electro_XD said:

Glad to hear buddy.