Leaked GeForce GTX 1080 Benchmarks : The New King

Corsair 750D Airflow Edition Case | Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.4Ghz | Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 RAM | 2 X 8TB Seagate HDD | Corsair HX850i 850W PSU | Crucial MX200 500GB SSD |  MSI X99A SLI Plus   Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid CPU CoolerAsus Essence STX II Sound Card |  Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse | Corsair Gaming K95 RGB LED Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller | Windows 10 Insider Preview x64

6 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Has videocardz.com ever been known as a promising source ever?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I really wish people would just be patient and wait for actual benchmarks from reputable sources, getting tired of all of these worthless posts :|

@Liquid I mean I get it, you're excited and you're new to the forums so you want to contribute. Let's be real though, this isn't our first rodeo when it comes to new GPU releases. We know who to go to for accurate information and more importantly we've learned to temper our enthusiasm until we can see how whatever PC component it is benches in the real world.

I see you have a 5820K, I would suggest maybe contributing in that section of the forums since that's what you have personal experience with. Assuming you overclock you can definitely help out newbies there.

Edited by imreloadin
Added something constructive.

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

I really wish people would just be patient and wait for actual benchmarks from reputable sources, getting tired of all of these worthless posts :|

I second that

Almost breaking sig rules 1.0

If the benchmarks are correct looks like I can look forward to a 50% performance increase over my 970.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

These look legit actually...in line with what i expected....How ever the fury's score is low on that chart by at least 700 points.

I just got 15222 

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

3 minutes ago, super_skank said:

These look legit actually...in line with what i expected....How ever the fury's score is low on that chart by at least 700 points.

I just got 15222 

Yours stock? Might also be historical results... based on older drivers....

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler

Laptop: Dell Alienware 15 2015

CPU: i7-4720HQ CPU

Memory: 16GB DDR3 SODIMM RAM

Storage: 256GB M.2 SSD

Storage: 1TB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD

Screen: 15.6" FHD Display

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 970M with 3GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Project: Spartan 1.2 PLEASE SUPPORT ME NEW CHANNEL > Tech Inquisition

1 hour ago, DELTAprime said:

If the benchmarks are correct looks like I can look forward to a 50% performance increase over my 970.

Actually 100% if you're talking about the 1080 since the 970 is 50% or 1/2 of the 1080s score

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

10 minutes ago, GidonsClaw said:

Yours stock? Might also be historical results... based on older drivers....

yeah running at stock GPU 1000Mhz and Mem 500mhz

im actually a bit down on what i normally get...15238 latest

16970 i hit with overclocks 1140mhz and 550mhz.....not stable though for my card, 1120 and 500 is my stable overclock.

17 599  with my old 2x7970's....they where beast

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

+30% at all benchmarka for OC ... That would be nice xD 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Right... so it has the exact same price / performance of 970 (just with much more raw performance).

In other words, "I don't care about the 1080, just gimme my 1070!"

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

3 hours ago, imreloadin said:

@Liquid I mean I get it, you're excited and you're new to the forums so you want to contribute. Let's be real though, this isn't our first rodeo when it comes to new GPU releases. We know who to go to for accurate information and more importantly we've learned to temper our enthusiasm until we can see how whatever PC component it is benches in the real world.

I see you have a 5820K, I would suggest maybe contributing in that section of the forums since that's what you have personal experience with. Assuming you overclock you can definitely help out newbies there.

Hi imreloadin well i am looking to get a GTX 1080 for my new build and i just want to know what you guys thoughts are on the card compared to previous models that's why i posted here not because i know what the source is and how reliable it is, all brand new benchmarks must come with a grain of salt until it is verified with others and proved to be the consensus kind of like how science works, im assuming your wanting the official benchmarks which i assume will come at the launch of the card on the 27th of May as this was just a paper launch last week, but those who come to the table first we can get a raw gimps of what this card is capable of without saying for sure its completely false or completely true or unimportant and to be tossed aside like it carries no weight at all, i did not realize that videocardz was such a unreliable source if i knew it was pure click bate i would have not posted it sorry to those who i upset it was not my intention to spread false leaked benchmarks but when its on the cutting edge of the news nothing is guaranteed and should always be taken with a grain of salt. 

On the subject of the 5820K yes i can help because i have one and i have personal experience with the CPU and OC but how is that relevant i have experience with most parts i have been an IT Technician for the past 7 years and built hundreds of computers for companies, please don't judge me because i am new here you have no idea what i know. 

Corsair 750D Airflow Edition Case | Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.4Ghz | Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 RAM | 2 X 8TB Seagate HDD | Corsair HX850i 850W PSU | Crucial MX200 500GB SSD |  MSI X99A SLI Plus   Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid CPU CoolerAsus Essence STX II Sound Card |  Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse | Corsair Gaming K95 RGB LED Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller | Windows 10 Insider Preview x64

3 hours ago, DELTAprime said:

You should easily get that in 1440p, the reference 980 Ti is already 40% faster than a 970 at that resolution.

2 hours ago, super_skank said:

I just got 15222 

Because it depends on the rest of your system not just the GPU. That's the problem with going off Firestrike. My 980ti blows that score away too.

If anyone asks you never saw me.