AMD allegedly pushes VEGA GPU forward to October

IntenseFATE98

According to 3DCenter, AMD decided to release VEGA sooner than previously planned.

VEGA 10 GPU (’10’ is speculated codename) is currently expected to launch alongside Battlefield 1 somewhere in October. This is of course just preliminary date, which can still change in one way or another, but it basically means VEGA would launch one quarter sooner than official roadmaps originally suggested.

VEGA GPU has been a subject to numerous leaks in the past. It was suggested by AMD employee social media account that VEGA 10, which we also know as Greenland, could very well feature 4096 Stream Processors. This would probably mean much higher performance than current Fiji silicon, as VEGA 10 is said to be manufactured in more power efficient fabrication node (either TSMC 16nm or GlobalFoundaries 14nm). Additionally VEGA would benefit from new HBM2 memory technology, as revealed by the roadmap.

Meanwhile NVIDIA is probably not interested in replacing GP104 products sooner than next year, so AMD would have enough time to gain some share in enthusiast market.

Source :  http://videocardz.com/59808/amd-vega-gpu-allegedly-pushed-forward-to-october

I dunno if this has already been posted, couldn't find it. Opinions?

Isn't this the same as what happened last gen?

970/980 first, then AMD high end, then 980 Ti.

Linus is my fetish.

Hmm you can take this info one of two ways either amd  based on the 1080 announcement thinks they can crush nvidia with the vega card since it is so much higher spec or they think polaris isn't good enough to compete with pascal and need to push out the new card as fast as possible to compete on the high end. Flip a coin on which it is because hell if I know.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

12 minutes ago, Mr.FATE said:

I think I saw someone post a thread on this earlier, but I can´t say 100%.

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

Hmm you can take this info one of two ways either amd  based on the 1080 announcement thinks they can crush nvidia with the vega card since it is so much higher spec or they think polaris isn't good enough to compete with pascal and need to push out the new card as fast as possible to compete on the high end. Flip a coin on which it is because hell if I know.

You could get a headache and a brain cancer from all those Pascal/Polaris threads. Why don't people just shut the hell up and read the news carefully when there will be something known for certain...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

3 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

You could get a headache and a brain cancer from all those Pascal/Polaris threads. Why don't people just shut the hell up and read the news carefully when there will be something known for certain...

Hence the flip a coin hell if I know portion, I've been trying to be impartial and tell people wait and see but I'm kinda excited for new tech, this will die down once we get real info I agree.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I misread EVGA. For a moment I had this amazing dream that EVGA would start selling AMD GPUs. I may or may not have wet myself.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

6 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I misread EVGA. For a moment I had this amazing dream that EVGA would start selling AMD GPUs. I may or may not have wet myself.

You may or may not need a change of underwear.

Linus is my fetish.

13 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

probably the second, since polaris leaks show really low performance and power consumption

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

V E G A... Which man do I need to pay?

i7 6700k  ·  Asus Z170 - A  · MSI GTX 1080 FE  ·  32gb HyperX 2133  ·  2tb Toshiba 7200 Red  ·   120gb Sandisk SSD  ·   480gb Sandisk SSD  ·  Fractal Design Define S  ·  BenQ XL2730Z 144hz 1440 Freesync

Oh I just thought that polaris was their current cards and Vega were the next ones. Forgot that polaris are the new ones meant to compete with pascal.

Then that is strange indeed, it might even mean that Volta isn't too far off as well.

Linus is my fetish.