Handbrake can it combine 2 part discs into one .Mp4 file

Hi,

I'm currently backing up my movies with handbrake to make traveling for my kids less boring (during road trips) with better file sizes. Unfortanely I've come across one of my films I own has two discs

(e.g part 1 and 2 both main feature) is their a way to combine them into a single mp4 file with handbrake?

Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers.

Wow I guess no one knows the answer to this.  Well, I'm not sure about handbrake, but I do recall back a number of years ago there was a command two merge to mpeg files on linux without re-encoding anything, so no quality loss and about as fast as just copying that much data.  Pretty cool.  Granted, we're now dealing with a different file format, different operating system and about 8 years of progress since then, so my gut says there might be some little tool out there that will do a similar thing for you, but I honestly don't know :( 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

15 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Wow I guess no one knows the answer to this.  Well, I'm not sure about handbrake, but I do recall back a number of years ago there was a command two merge to mpeg files on linux without re-encoding anything, so no quality loss and about as fast as just copying that much data.  Pretty cool.  Granted, we're now dealing with a different file format, different operating system and about 8 years of progress since then, so my gut says there might be some little tool out there that will do a similar thing for you, but I honestly don't know :( 

Because I was thinking using other software like sony vegas to combine both but I'm not sure it will keep the same quality as the original separate files.

thanks for your feedback

Just now, Strayan_Bass said:

Because I was thinking using other software like sony vegas to combine both but I'm not sure it will keep the same quality as the original separate files

It probably won't -virtually certainly if it is reencoding anything, which it almost certainly will do.  But, pick the settings right and you may see little or no change in filesize or quality with just the 1 reconversion.  And if you know how and is quick and easy, maybe that's better than hunting around for a slightly superior option...?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.