[Build Log] Ice White by Ymac

Ymac

Well, in Linus' livestream he said that he didn't found a nice build in Fractal cases, so I thought that my build is...pretty decent :D So, there are,the specs!

Intel i5 2500K

Asrock Fatal1ty P67 Professional - replaced by a MSI Big Bang Z77 MPOWER

Corsair Vengeance 8GB Red 1600MHz - Replaced with Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1600MHz CL8

Corsair AX850

Fractal Design Define R4 (of course)

CoolIt ECO A.L.C - Broken, Going for custom loop

EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature Replaced with an EVGA GTX 780 reference

Corsair Force 3 120GB

WD Caviar blue 500GB

Pics!: ZhtrGTG.jpgNkwzE3l.jpg1c5fDuQ.jpg before AX850 upgrade: 06z4K.jpgQvHTN.jpg outside pics: CjLeQ.jpgQvipc.jpg

ax850 is overkill. you could power 3x gtx680 in SLI with that.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

wait what the PSU changed lol

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Oooo, I like that MoBo

The PSU changing mid-way threw me off.

Decent cable management. Nicee build!

Meh...It's taking me so long to finish my R4 build..

The pics with the CX600 were before he upgraded to an AX850. And although I understand that 850W is overkill I can see why he upgraded. If he's building in an R4 it's probably because he wants a relatively silent machine, and with the 850W his PSU fan is probably barely even spinning (if not off at all) even when's he's at full load. And also, the all black cables look awesome.

I know that the psu is overkill, but it was on sale at ncix for just 160$ and I really like the black cables of the ax series.

Thank you for the kind (and less kind) words :D

looks awesome.

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

Nice build! Decent cable management in the back. Looks good overall.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Nice build! Decent cable management in the back. Looks good overall.
Thanks!

looks great!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Thank you all!

just noticed I uploaded the wrong picture for the back of the case, I did the same one with a black SATA cable.

dDqCHGx.jpg

my plan is to MDPC sleeve it all! :)

but I'm stuck with an MDPC SATA data cable which is impossible to route without destroying the heatshrink.

also, I don't know if to go heatshrinkles or with heatshrink. because heatsrinkles is easier and cheaper, but the look of heatshrink (especially MDPC) make it more..professional.

any suggestions?

Very clean build! Being super picky I would've gotten an AX860i from the red color scheme, but that's getting really picky. Very nice build, cleaner than my 600T build.

Very clean build! Being super picky I would've gotten an AX860i from the red color scheme, but that's getting really picky. Very nice build, cleaner than my 600T build.
I know, but AX860i costs like 240$, 80$ more then the AX850 on sale (160$), but I like the gold touch ;)

That's awesome build, very clean looking and love the case.

got to love Asus components

That's awesome build, very clean looking and love the case.
Thanks, I'll might switch for an XL R2 but it isn't for sure (switching with a friend)

Again, just me being super picky. :)

And I don't really like gold in my systems, just me.

So you aren't liking Linus' build (which is like "bling bling")? I wanted to get a Gold edition apogee HD and get into watercooling. but I wasn't fast enough.. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome dude! Hopefully getting the R4 very soon, i was literally salivating over the pictures.

PC Specs
Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Processor (With stock heat sink  :mellow:) - MSI Z77A-G43 Motherboard - Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) RAM - Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" HDD - Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GPU - Fractal Design Define R4 Case - Antec High Current Gamer 620W PSU - Sony DVD/CD Writer - Steelseries Siberia V2 - Logitech G110 - Razer Abyssus

thanks!

somebody knows why do I see my avatar black in comments?

Ooh, I like the looks of that motherboard! Plus, the graphics card fits the black and white theme of the case nicely. Awesome!

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

thanks!

when hasswell will go out, I'm thinking of upgrading the platform, 4570K or a 4770K depends of new game engines and the overclock ability of those chips,

what color of motherboard should I pick? same Asrock Fatal1ty? maybe Asus ROG? Asus TUF? gigabyte blue (ud5) or even MSI's new Dragons or Mpower (red and yellow respectively)?

the budget is up to 500$ for CPU-MOBO combination (maybe 600 if I'll catch onto an i7) but there is long time from now ;)

• 1 month later...

BIG UPDATE

you thought it's done?! NO!

my computer is NEVER done.

and I got some good stuff in mail...:

XhC55j5.jpg?1

Uvg0omO.jpg

BwAFZBh.jpg

ASagt6U.jpg

nuL17MO.jpg

VDIcqiC.jpg?1

IjkmKj8.jpg?1

lQVpXO3.jpg

^ EK supplies very good quality TIM

but Ymac (can call me Yoav), you might say "waterblocks, that's it?!" NOPE again

here he is, in all of his glory (yesyes andrevautour, that is him) the MSI Big Bang MPower!:

tWGoinH.jpg

GUiU4Ki.jpg

PX4TE2P.jpg

vVRvbwU.jpg

old vs new

HElV4ib.jpg

My Corsair Vengeance Reds, will be replaced to match the theme to Patriot Viper Black mamba

Izal94G.jpg

The horror of the stock cooler!

ra5OtKb.jpg

my 2500K

sRWoTx6.jpg

I really liked this shot :)

sJ12ere.jpg

assembly

7gYkQr1.jpg

wait, are you still here!?

well, you are probably asking:" WTH you are using the stock cooler?!"

so, the coolit ECO backplate is installed with double-sided sticky pad, and I needed to take it off my old board, well:

uLNaz5q.jpg

and:

gQxGWAK.jpg

so now I am stuck with this noisy stock cooler :( somebody know if coolit will send me new backplate? I didn't pull that hard, and my 775 backplate did survive after much more stress.

stay tuned!

(how can I edit the main title of the thread?)

Fantastic job with the cable management. I have a white R4 and these cases are just fantastic for cable management.

"Townes van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." - Steve Earle