8 SSD workstation Build

JmWell

workstation / gaming rig.
not heavy gaming, but all around.
I have assembled, and built machines in the past 10 years.
and i love to exaggerate.
I have currently 4. 360 black ice pro radiator,
so exaggeration is my middle name

this is not a budget build.
but built over the things I like
it may not be the most optimal.
and it is not built for getting absolutely most fps in games,

this is not only a gaming rig.
doing a little of everything.
Some days I see movies all day long.
while other days I would multibox*, for example diablo3.

(if you multibox* it is necessary to run the games, multiple times simultaneously.)

running Virtual Machines (can help running games simultaneously)

make anime music videos (AMV)

Rig specifications:
138012571167378400_resized.jpg
MegaRAID SAS 9270-8i Sgl
MegaRAID LSIiBBU09
MegaRAID CacheCade Pro 2.0

138047795390161600_resized.jpg
X8 Samsung 256GB 2.5-inch SSD 840 Pro Series
Corsair Vengeance Memory — 32GB 2400MHz CL10 DDR3
Corsair Carbide Air 540 Cube Case
Asus P9X79-E WS Motherboard
Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition Processor
Corsair AX 1200W PSU (I reuse my old. psu,)
post-40456-0-95650100-1387379983.jpg
Watercooling

I'm going to modde a few Corsair: H110 cooler together

Again, I am an experienced modder fully aware of the difficulties and futility of doing this.
and I am here to ask for technical specifications, not necessarily for a How To.

Well.... to be honest that is pretty messed up.

That PCI-E SSD is a waste of money, Your RAM is just waste of your money, get 8 GB on 1600Mhz, you need 700w PSU and you only need one or two SSD's

Seriously, you MoBo can handle Max. 3SSD's until max transfer speed is full!

So forgot these SSD's and buy GPU!

Sir....for $5G's I can give you a build that will make your SSD madness cringe.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Well.... to be honest that is pretty messed up.

That PCI-E SSD is a waste of money, Your RAM is just waste of your money, get 8 GB on 1600Mhz, you need 700w PSU and you only need one or two SSD's

Seriously, you MoBo can handle Max. 3SSD's until max transfer speed is full!

So forgot these SSD's and buy GPU!

+1. That build is exp and worthless afterwards.

yeah, why spend $500 on ram??  It's one thing if you are making an overkill build with a 900d and 2 quad rads, but those rads that u are buying seems ugly and expensive

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

That RAM will not run. 

Your ram is more expensive than my entire system... LOL

Quick system specs: MotherboardAsus P5Q-PRO CPUIntel Q9550 @ 3.7 ghz GPUEVGA Geforce GTX 570 HD superclocked RAM6 gigs of ddr2-800 (ouch) DrivesSeagate 320 GB drive for windows and some apps, Seagate 1000 GB drive for games and documents OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit If you think its bad... it runs crysis 3 (almost) maxed out: youtu.be/dL3PNorbub8

Project [bBB]: This is a clickable link

firstly, this is not a discount bild. AKA madness
and they will run in raid 10!
I do all kinds of different things with my PC.
I Multibox in games
running Virtual Machines
and would like to have it all, installed on my SSD's
and please read before you write
already acquired. means I have already purchased it.

I can not use, comment that only says something negative.
thought this was a friendly community.

sml_gallery_40456_516_518.png [spoiler= stripe size Test ]  gallery_40456_516_21014.png

firstly, this is not a discount bild. AKA madness

and they will run in raid 10!

I do all kinds of different things with my PC.

I Multibox in games

running Virtual Machines

and would like to have it all, installed on my SSD's

and please read before you write

already acquired. means I have already purchased it.

I think the problem might be that you didn't specify what you were going to use this

machine for. Just uploading an expensive random parts list will probably get you a

similar reaction most of the time. Being able to follow your reasoning for your choices

would likely help quite a bit (even if it's just "yeah I know it's expensive but I

really want it", which I've used for a few things myself :D ).

I mean, I'm pretty sure I would get a similar reaction to my build if I just uploaded

its parts list without further explanation ("Caselabs are way too expensive for what

they are", "Dual socket LGA 1366? LOL noob, that's stupid for gaming!", "A Titan? Why

not just burn your money in your stove?" etc., you get the idea... ;)). But, explaining

why I've bought what has so far helped me avoid these sort of comments. And yeah, I

just bought a Titan because I really wanted one. :D Also, the 780 wasn't out yet.

Personally, I have a bit of a storage system fetish, so I shall be keeping an eye on

this and see how it goes.

PS: Also, you did say "Any suggestions welcome." ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Generally it is a very friendly community however when, no offence, people border on stupidity with their posts, you cannot really blame them. You simply posted a list of components, what were people to think? They had no use case in mind. 

Mr moderator. why would the RAM not run

please make a detailed explanation..

As you increase your overclock on a Haswell CPU, the ability for the memory controller to maintain high frequencies drops. You'll end up most of the time running in 1600Mhz or even 1333Mhz to have stable RAM and not blue screen. Therefore don't bother spending $500 on RAM when all you're paying for is literally the sticker on the side of it because it will not run at that speed. 

Overall I see no point to this - why would you need such write speeds in a system? If you need, I can have Linus explain how he constantly blue screens with his RAID card and how SSD arrays aren't the greatest idea. 

I think the problem might be that you didn't specify what you were going to use this

machine for. Just uploading an expensive random parts list will probably get you a

similar reaction most of the time. Being able to follow your reasoning for your choices

would likely help quite a bit (even if it's just "yeah I know it's expensive but I

really want it", which I've used for a few things myself :D ).

I mean, I'm pretty sure I would get a similar reaction to my build if I just uploaded

its parts list without further explanation ("Caselabs are way too expensive for what

they are", "Dual socket LGA 1366? LOL noob, that's stupid for gaming!", "A Titan? Why

not just burn your money in your stove?" etc., you get the idea... ;)). But, explaining

why I've bought what has so far helped me avoid these sort of comments. And yeah, I

just bought a Titan because I really wanted one. :D Also, the 780 wasn't out yet.

Personally, I have a bit of a storage system fetish, so I shall be keeping an eye on

this and see how it goes.

PS: Also, you did say "Any suggestions welcome." ;)

thanks for the feedback. I created the thread at 4 in the morning.

from denmark.

my english is not very good.

so I would write a little user info when I got up.

but had made ​​the speck list with bbc code.

as a start. on my Build Log.

As you increase your overclock on a Haswell CPU, the ability for the memory controller to maintain high frequencies drops. You'll end up most of the time running in 1600Mhz or even 1333Mhz to have stable RAM and not blue screen. Therefore don't bother spending $500 on RAM when all you're paying for is literally the sticker on the side of it because it will not run at that speed. 

so the Ram would work. you just think they are too expensive

Overall I see no point to this - why would you need such write speeds in a system? If you need, I can have Linus explain how he constantly blue screens with his RAID card and how SSD arrays aren't the greatest idea. 

that's why I want to run them in raid. 10

so the Ram would work. you just think they are too expensive

that's why I want to run them in raid. 10

No. The RAM will not work when you overclock which is what I assume you plan to do given the radiators. 

why on earth would I have not thought about what I bought.

because some things are really useless and expensive, and the fact that you already acquired them is not an excuse, i mean.. you had to buy them somehow, right? Maybe if you had posted here what were your intentions, before buy everything, we had been able to help you

My Rig:

Case: Cooler Master CM II 690 Advanced USB3; Motherboard: Asus P8z77-v; Processor: i5 3550 3.3 GHz - 3.7GHz, oc @ 3.9-4.1 GHz; Graphic cards: two XFX 7850 black edition oc @ 1 GHz; 

Ram: Corsair Vengance Red 2x4 GB 1600 MHz CL8; Heatsink: Noctua NH-U9B; Power supply: Corsair HX750 W 80 Plus Gold; Storage: SSD Vertex 3 120 GB +2 HDD Wester Digital 1 TB

I'm more for super silence

Well the second you start pushing that 4770K beyond the specs set by Intel, you're in for trouble :P

and the information I needed to. what exactly ?

I can understand that you are aggravated but that post of mine is called an "off topic post" which is mostly just a (funny) remark. I'm sorry that you didn't take this the right way.

Anyway, looking forward to this build and hope it will satisfy your needs (it better do for $5000+ :P)

Good luck!

Quick system specs: MotherboardAsus P5Q-PRO CPUIntel Q9550 @ 3.7 ghz GPUEVGA Geforce GTX 570 HD superclocked RAM6 gigs of ddr2-800 (ouch) DrivesSeagate 320 GB drive for windows and some apps, Seagate 1000 GB drive for games and documents OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit If you think its bad... it runs crysis 3 (almost) maxed out: youtu.be/dL3PNorbub8

Project [bBB]: This is a clickable link

Should have just gotten 2 1Tb Evo's in raid 0, Ram is stupid expensive and wont provide much better performance than 1600Mhz, Could have gotten much better and nicer looking rads.

Really could have done alot better with alot less cash

SSD was designed to run raid 10.

and $500 for Ram. is not stupid expensive. for me,