HyperX Cloud II or ATH-M50X

Ok, so I want a good headset or good headphones. I can't decide between the Blue Yeti and the ATH-M50x's(if you have better recommendation around this price range that's better, feel free to recommend) or a really good headset. As for the headset, I heard the HyperX Cloud II is amazing. My main problem is that in Skype, when I don't talk, my mic resorts to background noise which is my air conditioner.

Thanks for the assist LTT forum!

Nocturna(Main Computer): CPU: i7-4790K    GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G    MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer     PSU: CX500(For Now!)    Case: Enthoo Pro M    RAM: N/A(I don't really know anything other than it's 12GB total, it's a mixture...)    CPU Cooler: Stock i7-4790K Cooler(For Now!)

UPGRADES IN PROGRESS:

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 80+ PLATINUM  RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 2133 MHz   CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2  GPU: GTX 980 Ti  

Audio technica is going to have better sound, coupled with a mic such as a blue snowball or modmic, you have a really good solution. For the skype thing, I believe you can change that in settings.

ASU

The headset is clearly the better option if there is a risk of background noise.

3 hours ago, Patricko23 said:

Audiotechnica all the way! 

2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Audio technica is going to have better sound, coupled with a mic such as a blue snowball or modmic, you have a really good solution. For the skype thing, I believe you can change that in settings.

Yea.... no. If he wants to go Audio Technica he needs to look into the Art lineup. The M series is overpriced and overhyped for the most part.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

40 minutes ago, sobe said:

Yea.... no. If he wants to go Audio Technica he needs to look into the Art lineup. The M series is overpriced and overhyped for the most part.

Still better than any gaming headset. Perhaps with the exception of the sennheiser gaming headsets, but still.

ASU

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

Still better than any gaming headset. Perhaps with the exception of the sennheiser gaming headsets, but still.

Yea still no... I'd sooner a $40 Logitech to play games with over anything from the AT M lineup (with the exception of the MSR7 if you consider that part of the M series). You might need to expand your horizons with various headphones to gauge worthwhile aspects. The HyperX Cloud will be a far better choice over the M50X, hands down, and if you think Takstar Pro80 sounds horrible, I dunno what to tell you aside from stop spreading stupidity.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Ah yes...the clouds...I can't use it with my soundcard as due to it's Mic boost, you can hear very bad interference/buzzing sounds which I first though was the microphone jack problem but then later found out (after a RMA of my sound card), the mic was slightly loose inside the mic port on the headset allowing it to move around...if I hold my mic into the port the noise goes but the second I release it, it starts again...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Ok, so money is tight. So until i can buy a great pair of headphones, would you recommend the Logitech g930 or the corsair wireless dolby 7.1 gaming headset or ghe corsair void rgb?

Nocturna(Main Computer): CPU: i7-4790K    GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G    MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer     PSU: CX500(For Now!)    Case: Enthoo Pro M    RAM: N/A(I don't really know anything other than it's 12GB total, it's a mixture...)    CPU Cooler: Stock i7-4790K Cooler(For Now!)

UPGRADES IN PROGRESS:

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 P2 80+ PLATINUM  RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 2133 MHz   CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2  GPU: GTX 980 Ti  

1 hour ago, Shadowychaos said:

Ok, so money is tight. So until i can buy a great pair of headphones, would you recommend the Logitech g930 or the corsair wireless dolby 7.1 gaming headset or ghe corsair void rgb?

no clouds.

Headphones= no mic

Headset=mic+headphones

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

no clouds.

Headphones= no mic

Headset=mic+headphones

Well, I plan on the microphone one way or the other, as for the headset, I am between the G930 and the H2100.

Although, with the Blue Yeti mic, will it resort to background noise if I don't talk for some time?

UPGRADES IN PROGRESS:

1 minute ago, Shadowychaos said:

Well, I plan on the microphone one way or the other, as for the headset, I am between the G930 and the H2100.

They are both shit , the could has better sound quality and has a okay mic+ they are cheaper.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

42 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

They are both shit , the could has better sound quality and has a okay mic+ they are cheaper.

"the could has better sound quality" did you leave a word out or is there a headset named could? Not being a smartass just really confused lol

UPGRADES IN PROGRESS:

7 minutes ago, Shadowychaos said:

"the could has better sound quality" did you leave a word out or is there a headset named could? Not being a smartass just really confused lol

Kingston HyperX has made a headset named cloud. How have you not heard of the HyperX cloud? 

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

Kingston HyperX has made a headset named cloud. How have you not heard of the HyperX cloud? 

Oh, no sorry I have. I just didn't piece cloud and could together lol. So the original is better? I was really steering towards a wireless headset < or =$100.

UPGRADES IN PROGRESS:

7 minutes ago, Shadowychaos said:

Oh, no sorry I have. I just didn't piece cloud and could together lol. So the original is better? I was really steering towards a wireless headset < or =$100.

the cloud 2 comes with a really really bad usb sound card. Wireless headphones or headsets are just bad compared to what you can get for the same money when it comes to wired headphones or headsets.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

the cloud 2 comes with a really really bad usb sound card. Wireless headphones or headsets are just bad compared to what you can get for the same money when it comes to wired headphones or headsets.

My main concern for wired headsets is that the cord becomes tangled or twisted.

UPGRADES IN PROGRESS:

2 minutes ago, Shadowychaos said:

My main concern for wired headsets is that the cord becomes tangled or twisted.

Be careful?

Don't get any of those gaming headphones. I recommend you to get the Audio Technica Ath M50x and get a separate microphone. However, I think there are many other options instead of getting Audio Technica ATH m50X. I think they are overhyped. Go get beats studio 2.0! JK XD. I recommend sennheiser or shure.