Jobs at Intel, AMD, and Nvidia

teddy710

What kind of non-CEO type of jobs are there at these huge computer and technology companies? And what kinds of stores are there floating around for each and where are they all at?

No idea but I think I would have much more fun at a company like NZXT, MSI, EVGA ect.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

The majority will be in engineering/production and some in marketing.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Most of the jobs are in engineering, but there are all the normal jobs at companies aswell(like hr,legal, management, IT, hiring).

All of these companies are headquartered in silicon valley, about a 10-15 min drive from where im at.

2 minutes ago, teddy710 said:

What kind of non-CEO type of jobs are there at these huge computer and technology companies? And what kinds of stores are there floating around for each and where are they all at?

they have no stores.

and the jobs you can get without a shitload of actual experience or a masters degree is pretty much. NONE.

The jobs you can get with that kind of grammar is, NONE.

2 minutes ago, Prysin said:

they have no stores.

and the jobs you can get without a shitload of actual experience or a masters degree is pretty much. NONE.

The jobs you can get with that kind of grammar is, NONE.

wasn't looking to get hired at the moment lol but ouch

Just now, teddy710 said:

wasn't looking to get hired at the moment lol but ouch

you need expertice in the field you are going to work.

Sure, AMD, Intel, IBM, NZXT, Nvidia, EVGA, MSI etc... they need accountants, janitors (usually a hired service), chefs for their employee canteen, assistants for the higher ups (lapdogs), general PR related jobs. People who work with Human Relations etc...

No company can work without the "grass root". Now for the people who make chips or design PCBs or design drivers or features for games (like gameworks or physics engines) are a special kinda breed. They dont get hired "just because". They get headhunted or specially selected through a very strict recruitment process.

1 hour ago, teddy710 said:

Everything from cleaning the floors to, well CEO.

So yes, you can proudly say that you work for Intel.. making people believe you are some great engineer, but really doing sanitation duties. :P

(not that there is anything wrong with this, and I have full respect for such job, is actually difficult and physically demanding... but the joke is that no one expects that this is your job)

9 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

So yes, you can proudly say that you work for Intel.. making people believe you are some great engineer, but really doing sanitation duties. :P

(not that there is anything wrong with this, and I have full respect for such job, is actually difficult and physically demanding... but the joke is that no one expects that this is your job)

lol i know what you mean but thank

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

I believe a friend's father was a janitor at Google. He still got paid very handsomely and was given benefits.

Check their site.  For intel, i believe the following is true for jobs unique to that company.

At the most fundamental level would probably be the process engineer.  These people use the lithography, deposition and plasma etching machines to fabricate the IC, examine it by electron microscope, measure the error rate, consistency of all chips on the wafer and adjust machine settings accordingly.

Next up is the circuit design i guess.  These people determine where the transistors go, the layout of the IC and create the photomask CADs for production.

Generally speaking, testers and laborers are the bottom.  These workers run tests on many chips either by electrical benchmarks or microscope.  These guys usually hold a bachelors or tech school certification.

The next level up is design and planning.  They can design ICs and have control over the production process.  Most of these people are Master degree holders or a really exceptional Bachelor degree holder.

The last one I know of is research and development.  These people try to find new fundamental concepts for processor design.  Probably requires a PhD or Master degree. 

4 hours ago, Prysin said:

you need expertice in the field you are going to work.

Sure, AMD, Intel, IBM, NZXT, Nvidia, EVGA, MSI etc... they need accountants, janitors (usually a hired service), chefs for their employee canteen, assistants for the higher ups (lapdogs), general PR related jobs. People who work with Human Relations etc...

No company can work without the "grass root". Now for the people who make chips or design PCBs or design drivers or features for games (like gameworks or physics engines) are a special kinda breed. They dont get hired "just because". They get headhunted or specially selected through a very strict recruitment process.

I read "Assassins" rather than "Assistants" xD

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 hour ago, No said:

ugh work ew

edgy

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

21 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

I read "Assassins" rather than "Assistants" xD

You would read assasins. :P

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR