1600x900 ?

acepro71

a friend of mine said i should have not bought 7870 if i only have one monitor and  playing games on 1600x900 

he said any card can play games i should have bought a cheap one do u guys agree cause i do not i do not think any lower cards would let me play games on high or ultra settings :x he told me i should have bought Asus AMD/ATI HD 6670 1 GB ... do u guys agree >> ??

but which is better nvidia or amd for rendering i know nvidia cards heat less and has cuda cores but amd have open cl and are cheaper + better at bit coining though i have never bit coin as i think it would fuck my pc ... and my electric bill  ? 

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

It is true that lower resolutions are less demanding but that doesn't mean any GPU can max it. Send your friend a virtual potato.

As for the nVidia vs AMD thing - it's all about preference

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Bitcoin is a digital currency basically. It's true that most modern cards can play any games, but at what settings and with what frame rate? The 7770 can play BF3 decently well at 1600x900 on Ultra with no anti-aliasing(if I remember correctly).

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I have a 1600x900, I get more frames but not a monstrous amount. It's alright to have that card, it will run decently.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Also, I use a 1600x900 monitor and even with my specs, I still encounter frame dips. They are unavoidable.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Thing is, a low-medium range card can do 16x9 easily, but can it do it maxed.? Anything lower than a 7790/650ti or even <those will cripple SO much faster enabling AA, killing 1/3 to 1/2 of performance,

with the 7850, it will drop less.

Doubtful low-medium range cards can do 8xAA and give above 30fps...

The 7850 could be called PERFECT for 1600x900, It will always stay performing great with not needing to push higher resolution pixel counts.

You can also enable 8xAA at that resolution and be fine, a 7790 can do the same resolution, but no where near the AA levels and keep respectable performance.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

but which is better nvidia or amd for rendering i know nvidia cards heat less and has cuda cores but amd have open cl and are cheaper + better at bit coining though i have never bit coin as i think it would fuck my pc ... and my electric bill  ? 

nVidia does support OpenCL as well.

More FPS is always better and now u have a graphics card that will still be great if you got a new monitor  For Rendering all video editors prefer Nivida cause of Cuda it really helps didn't try amd in video editing before  but u won't notice the difference if ur making videos for fun not for work ( like rendering lots of videos and working all the time on videos and so ) :D great choice bro don't regret it :D

so does this means i invested in the correct thing ?? ?

are nvidia cards better for rendering ? i thought  for rendring u only need good cpu and ram

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Its more about...what program do you actually use...?

Are you primarily gaming, or video editing..?

NOT ALL VIDEO EDITORS are Nvidia ONLY as Medhat stated, he's clearly misinformed.

If its cuda accelerated, get Nvidia

If its opencl accelerated, get AMD

Buying for Video editing...

But its all to do with what software your using, then hardware to match it.

For Gaming,

Hardware first, then find the software to suit.

I have 5 apps right now that I can video edit with using my AMD 7950 to accelerate the process.

Which one is better = NONE

They have specific use case's as do YOU.

Find what your using, then adapt what you need.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

nVidia does support OpenCL as well.

i know but amd is better that's what people say ... 

i know but amd is better that's what people say ...

Yes. It is true that AMD's GPUs are much better at OpenCL applications.

so does this means i invested in the correct thing ?? ?

are nvidia cards better for rendering ? i thought for rendring u only need good cpu and ram

Video cards speed up rendering. If you're using an Intel CPU, you can use the iGPU to speed up rendering using Quick Sync if you wish.

More FPS is always better and now u have a graphics card that will still be great if you got a new monitor  For Rendering all video editors prefer Nivida cause of Cuda it really helps didn't try amd in video editing before  but u won't notice the difference if ur making videos for fun not for work ( like rendering lots of videos and working all the time on videos and so ) :D great choice bro don't regret it :D

i have never rendered videos i only make photos as far as vedio editing goes i will use adobe premiere pro ... 

my college use some old 512 mb nvidia card for rendering and some uses intel inbuilt gpu ... i think my 7870 would still do better than both of these :P 

Thing is, a low-medium range card can do 16x9 easily, but can it do it maxed.? Anything lower than a 7790/650ti or even <those will cripple SO much faster enabling AA, killing 1/3 to 1/2 of performance,

with the 7850, it will drop less.

Doubtful low-medium range cards can do 8xAA and give above 30fps...

The 7850 could be called PERFECT for 1600x900, It will always stay performing great with not needing to push higher resolution pixel counts.

You can also enable 8xAA at that resolution and be fine, a 7790 can do the same resolution, but no where near the AA levels and keep respectable performance.

I can confirm that the 7850 is really good for 1600x900 gaming.

With 2 in crossfire i've only found that Mechwarrior online makes them spool up the fans a bit.

Im only using 1600x900 because it's the native resolution of my screen.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

i have never rendered videos i only make photos as far as vedio editing goes i will use adobe premiere pro ... 

my college use some old 512 mb nvidia card for rendering and some uses intel inbuilt gpu ... i think my 7870 would still do better than both of these :P

Quick Sync is heavily optimized, so not necessarily.

Its more about...what program do you actually use...?

If its cuda accelerated, get Nvidia

If its opencl accelerated, get AMD

I have 5 apps right now that I can video edit with using my AMD 7950 to accelerate the process.

Which one is better = NONE

They have specific use case's as do YOU.

Find what your using, then adapt what you need.

how do u know what program use open cl or cuda ??

i can not even figure out if photoshop is open cl or cuda 

Google it.

If you like using Sony Vegas, Type "Sony Vegas GPU Acceleration"

If you wanna know the Photoshop one, type "Photoshop GPU Acceleration"

Most programs, have a website that state what hardware is supported., or the technologies...

It may say Cuda, it may just say Nvidia accelerated, keep in mind, same thing.

Opencl and Cuda are two different ways of getting the same result, which is why it comes down to "What program you plan to use, or what hardware are you running"?

Video cards speed up rendering. If you're using an Intel CPU, you can use the iGPU to speed up rendering using Quick Sync if you wish.

is there any program like this for amd cpu mine is 8350

hell yea it will do better xD:D

is there any program like this for amd cpu mine is 8350

FX chips do not have iGPUs.

Your AMD CPU does not have a IGPU, or onboard gfx solution, the AMD APU's do, and can do opencl processing.

The way for you to do it, is via the gfx card your using (cuda or opencl), or your CPU only.

Google it.

If you like using Sony Vegas, Type "Sony Vegas GPU Acceleration"

If you wanna know the Photoshop one, type "Photoshop GPU Acceleration"

Most programs, have a website that state what hardware is supported., or the technologies...

It may say Cuda, it may just say Nvidia accelerated, keep in mind, same thing.

Opencl and Cuda are two different ways of getting the same result, which is why it comes down to "What program you plan to use, or what hardware are you running"?

ah ok :) all i use is adobe illustrator /photoshop/premiere/indesign cs6 ,corel draw and i want to play latest games i do not want to bit coin mine so which is better for me ? 

Your AMD CPU does not have a IGPU, or onboard gfx solution, the AMD APU's do, and can do opencl processing.

The way for you to do it, is via the gfx card your using (cuda or opencl), or your CPU only.

OpenCL works with all sorts of things, including CPUs.

ok then how to do it via my 7870 ? 

Its enabled already inside your 7870, what you need, is software to gain benefit from it.

Any opencl based application will use your 7870 if you tell it to.

Two programs I use quite a bit...opencl encoding options are available within settings menu's.

Cyberlink Powerdirector 11

Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate