i bought the hd598 and am confused

yoggie123

ok so i bought these and i dont get it.the plug i saw lucks so big i thought it could just plug straight into my audio jack like my old logitech 230s could ????????????

Just now, yoggie123 said:

i didt come with it

Buy one

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1

Just now, Aytex said:

It includes a 3.5mm adapter, look for it...

Just now, Aytex said:

It includes a 3.5mm adapter, look for it...

hey it didt come with one and how much percent of the headset will i get without an amp

hey it didt come with one and how much percent of the headset will i get without an amp

it only has 5 0 ohm's do you dont need a amp/dac

buy a adapter then...

Just now, Aytex said:

it only has 5 0 ohm's do you dont need a amp/dac

buy a adapter then...

yea but like what would an amp give me

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1

yea but like what would an amp give me

The only reason you would buy an amp is if you plug these in and they don't get loud enough. That's all an amp does. Makes it louder. 

1 minute ago, Rmusic10891 said:

The only reason you would buy an amp is if you plug these in and they don't get loud enough. That's all an amp does. Makes it louder. 

should i have bought the 558s

but some sell for 250$

???

What amplifiers? Some sell for way more money than that. They don't really apply to the equipment you have. 

1 minute ago, Rmusic10891 said:

What amplifiers? Some sell for way more money than that. They don't really apply to the equipment you have. 

high end ones

5 minutes ago, Rmusic10891 said:

u have a 400 dollar amp so why did u get it

1 minute ago, yoggie123 said:

The TEAC AI-301DA is an integrated amplifier. It includes a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter), Speaker amplifier and headphone amp. It allows for a multitude of different inputs. I bought it for quite a few reasons. Most notably being able to power my speakers as well as having multiple digital inputs. 

Based on your post so far I'm guessing none of that applies to your needs.  

The fuck it didn't come with one.

Contact Sennheiser for a replacement.

3 hours ago, yoggie123 said:

Because we're crazy.  My chain costs more than my headphones, deal with it.  Your chain doesn't need to cause you're not crazy.

Anyway, the 598s should come with an adapter, it's a monstrous thing that puts too much weight on the jack, but it works.  And the 598SE should have come with two cables, so either way I don't know why you don't have one.  Also it's really easy to find a 6.5mm to 3.5mm converter at any local electronics store, it's gonna have retail markup, but its better than waiting a day for the adapter.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

3 hours ago, yoggie123 said:

What he has has no bearing on what you need.... If someone posts a picture of their Sennheiser HD800, does that mean you are going to run out and drop $1k+ on headphones because someone else has it?

As far as what Rmusic mentioned though, an amp will do more than just give you more loudness.... But something simply not needed for the 598.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

you can get a adapter for like 3$

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

11 hours ago, SSL said:

The fuck it didn't come with one.

Contact Sennheiser for a replacement.

Yeah, it should come with one.

Either: you bought it from a shady place

You have the adapter you just didn't see it

Sennheiser made a mistake as didn't include it.

Contact sennheiser for a replacement.

Unless you find it in the box

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

9 hours ago, sobe said:

What he has has no bearing on what you need.... If someone posts a picture of their Sennheiser HD800, does that mean you are going to run out and drop $1k+ on headphones because someone else has it?

As far as what Rmusic mentioned though, an amp will do more than just give you more loudness.... But something simply not needed for the 598.

uea prob is the hd 800 good is it worth it i could get it rn

4 minutes ago, yoggie123 said:

@sobe

sigh...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

5 minutes ago, yoggie123 said:

What??? 

The HD 800 are only good if you like their soung signature, not anything like the HD 598.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.