No

Aspect Ratio  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which aspect ratio do you use?

• 16:9
    • 16:10
    • 4:3

Which one do you use and why?

I only have 16:10 and 4:3 monitors but I dont even know which one i like better....

4:3? That's what I play at

I use 16:9 cause i just prefer it. everything else is feels too foreign to me. 

4:3 feels so smooth when awping, but I cant hit any of my shots. I play 16:9 at 1080p.

19 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i use whatever matches the display i'm playing it on, because thats the thing sensible people do.

For CS, 4:3 is in some cases better for serious players, but for the average joe 16:9 should be fine. I played 4:3 for a couple months but now Im back to 16:9 to get a better look at my nice shiny skins. 

16:9 + sweetfx

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

4 minutes ago, MemeLordVancouver said:

For CS, 4:3 is in some cases better for serious players, but for the average joe 16:9 should be fine. I played 4:3 for a couple months but now Im back to 16:9 to get a better look at my nice shiny skins. 

i feel like the 4:3 thing may be mroe of a placebo than anything, but whatever makes you play better i guess.

Just now, manikyath said:

i feel like the 4:3 thing may be mroe of a placebo than anything, but whatever makes you play better i guess.

I awp better for sure with 4:3 but everything else im pretty similar. I would go to 4:3 if it looked nicer xD oh well :P 

1 minute ago, MemeLordVancouver said:

I awp better for sure with 4:3 but everything else im pretty similar. I would go to 4:3 if it looked nicer xD oh well :P 

well, nothing's stopping you from splurging and getting a 1280x1024 IPS panel with low input latency.

(except money maybe)

3 hours ago, No said:

Which one do you use and why?

I only have 16:10 and 4:3 monitors but I dont even know which one i like better....

Id say 16:10/16:9 would be my preference, CS:GO is generally a "horizontal" game, with enemies coming from your sides, lots of looking around corners, and checking your surroundings, there is very little verticality to the came compared to things like Battlefield/Cod

id rather have a wide monitor with a nice field of view compared to pointless height

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

i've been playing at 16:9

i guess 4:3 gives you a small advantage, i'm gonna try it as soon as i get back home