Connecting one router to another

Im_Ben
Go to solution Solved by ThomasD,
1 hour ago, Vali said:

It is not about how you connect them physically, but how you configure them.

A router, by definition, separates 2 or more networks. What you need to do is to configure one of them as a bridge.

This.  You should have the second router on a different address, then access that router via a browser and configure it as a repeater/bridge. 

Edit:

http://www.labnol.org/software/add-router-to-wireless-network/19716/

I have the main router, and the second router. However when I connect second router, it becomes a separate network. How do I add my second router to the ''same'' network.(it will be used for a longer range). 

The second router should have LAN and WAN ports on it. Connect to the main router with the LAN ports and make sure to go into the secondary router and disable DHCP.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

2 minutes ago, Megabmin said:

I have the main router, and the second router. However when I connect second router, it becomes a separate network. How do I add my second router to the ''same'' network.(it will be used for a longer range). 

Assuming they are both on the same modem that shouldnt be an issue. I have a router/modem combo plugged via ethernet into another router/modem combo, it is one network. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

A router, by definition, separates 2 or more networks. What you need to do is to configure one of them as a bridge.

1 hour ago, Vali said:

This.  You should have the second router on a different address, then access that router via a browser and configure it as a repeater/bridge. 

Edit:

http://www.labnol.org/software/add-router-to-wireless-network/19716/