Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help for motherboard !

I purchased ''GIGABYTE GA-965GM-S2 (rev.2.0)'' and on that motherboard was used Pentium 4 CPU, but I have Q8400 and when I put the CPU on socket and turn on my pc everything works only my display won't turn on. I get same processor and try It and it work everything perfect, can anyone help/give me any suggestions how to update BIOS or whatever to be able to run Q8400?.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boki1231 said:

I purchased ''GIGABYTE GA-965GM-S2 (rev.2.0)'' and on that motherboard was used Pentium 4 CPU, but I have Q8400 and when I put the CPU on socket and turn on my pc everything works only my display won't turn on. I get same processor and try It and it work everything perfect, can anyone help/give me any suggestions how to update BIOS or whatever to be able to run Q8400?.

You mean when you try the same CPU on another motherboard it works fine?

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

 

 

 

Spoiler

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So you tried a different processor? Then It worked.

I have an Anet A8 as my project printer and a i3 MK3 for when I want things to work. 

 

I extrude my own filament and haven't saved a penny yet.

 

 

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

Motherboard: MSI Z370-A Pro

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V (2x8GB) DDR4-3200

GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition (OC'd)

Storage: 2x 2TB Seagate 5400RPM, 128GB ADATA SSD

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750w  B2

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15. 3 Intake Fans, 2 Outtake

Case: Fractal Design Define R6

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, I am an SSD said:

You mean when you try the same CPU on another motherboard it works fine?

no no I put Pentium 4 on the same motherboard and it works but when I put Quad core Q8400 It is not giving me display.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VoyexTech said:

So you tried a different processor? Then It worked.

Yes but with Q8400 is not working

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Most likely a bad processor. Do you have another working motherboard to try the processor in? 

I have an Anet A8 as my project printer and a i3 MK3 for when I want things to work. 

 

I extrude my own filament and haven't saved a penny yet.

 

 

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 8700k

Motherboard: MSI Z370-A Pro

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V (2x8GB) DDR4-3200

GPU: GTX 1070 Founders Edition (OC'd)

Storage: 2x 2TB Seagate 5400RPM, 128GB ADATA SSD

Power Supply: EVGA Supernova 750w  B2

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15. 3 Intake Fans, 2 Outtake

Case: Fractal Design Define R6

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boki1231 said:

no no I put Pentium 4 on the same motherboard and it works but when I put Quad core Q8400 It is not giving me display.

Its probably the processors fault

 

Wiggle it around a little bit.

 

To check if it is dead or not, 

Remove the heatsink and power on the system . Place your finger on the lid and see if it gets warm. If it does, it works. 

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

 

 

 

Spoiler

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, I am an SSD said:

Its probably the processors fault

 

Wiggle it around a little bit.

 

To check if it is dead or not, 

Remove the heatsink and power on the system . Place your finger on the lid and see if it gets warm. If it does, it works. 

Yes it is hot. But do I need bios update or something like that ? or i need to flash BIOS ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×