Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mirror's Edge Catalyst - New Release Date , System Requirements and more

RELEASE DATE:

Well looks like Mirror's Edge Catalyst release date has been changed from May 24th to June 7th (NA) and June 9th (EU). 

To support the Social Play features, we are using a brand new online technology. We also want to make sure we have the opportunity and time to address player feedback from the Closed Beta.

That is why we will give ourselves a bit more time to perfect the game, with a new release date for Mirror’s Edge Catalyst of June 7th (NA) and June 9th (EU). We’re confident that these extra two

weeks will make sure the game is as amazing as possible for you the players.

Personally I think this is a good idea. The devs will polish the game a bit more and won't see another game launch.

Source: http://www.mirrorsedge.com/news/mec-update-april-21

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

System requirements have also been released.

MINIMUM:
CPU: Intel i3-3250 / AMD FX-6350. (Note: Mirror's Edge Catalyst requires at least 4 logical cores to run.)
RAM: 6 GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 25 GB of free space
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 650 Ti 2GB or better / AMD Radeon™ R9 270x or better
INPUT: Keyboard and mouse, dual analog controller

RECOMMENDED:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 at 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-8350 at 4.0 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 25 GB of free space
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 970 4GB or better / AMD Radeon™ R9 280x 3GB or better
INPUT: Keyboard and mouse, dual analog controller

So far the requirements are not to shabby except for the ram. Going from 6GB Minimum to 16GB Recommended. Looks like more and more games require 16GB however I wonder if it will actually use that much.

Source: http://www.mirrorsedge.com/news/pc-system-requirements

DEV DIARY – SOCIAL PLAY:

Time Trials, Dashes, and other Social Play features

Source: http://www.mirrorsedge.com/news/dev-diary-social-play

FIRST 12 MINUTES OF M.E. CATALYST:

If everything goes well this will be the game of the year. I can't wait to play it , heck I still play the first one till this day. It's gonna be one hell of an awesome experience.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

8GB/6GB of Ram = All Ram being used up and causing massive stuttering and FPS drops.

I got the best Waifu a man could ever ask for Lieselotte Sherlock is my girl ( in my profile pic ) 

I hope they're pushing it back to improve the AI and make the world not so dead. I'm a fan boy of the 1st game, even with all its faults, but everything I've seen so far of Catalyst has been meh.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 minutes ago, Ramamataz said:

8GB/6GB of Ram = All Ram being used up and causing massive stuttering and FPS drops.

Are you certain? The Witcher 3 cites a RAM requirement of 6GB, and I don't experience any stutter with 8GB of RAM, even when usage slightly exceeds 6GB (which is likely due to a few mods I have installed).

ALIENWARE 13R3

i7-7700HQ | GTX 1060 | 16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe SSD | 1440p OLED display | Logitech MX Master KZ ZSA

Something tells me there's gonna be a bunch of cunts and use some crappy DRM, which requires online connectivity.

They can suck my toes.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

10 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

Something tells me there's gonna be a bunch of cunts and use some crappy DRM, which requires online connectivity.

They can suck my toes.

This is EA we're talking about so yes, probably. Definitely Denuvo though.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

2 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

This is EA we're talking about so yes, probably. Definitely Denuvo though.

Still waiting on Far Cry Primal & Rise of the Tomb Raider to be cracked tbh fam.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

20 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

They can suck my toes.

2 years later and they're probably gonna shut down the servers.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

The recommended is a 280X or a 970, these cards aren't equal, I'm guessing Async has something to do with this.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

41 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

The recommended is a 280X or a 970, these cards aren't equal, I'm guessing Async has something to do with this.

In raw compute, they are fairly close together.

The pursuit of knowledge for the sake of knowledge.

Forever in search of my reason to exist.

Looks like a really good game but I'm sure Denuvo will spoil the party like always.

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave...

Foxy(Main Rig): CPU: i7 4790k GPU: 2x Reference GTX 980's RAM: HyperX 4x4GB 

PSU: Corsair CX 750W Mobo: ASUS Z97-A Pro Case: Bitfenix Shinobi (Black & Gold)

Denuvo?

Well that kills the only EA franchise I would buy.

I'll just replay the original for the 9th time.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

17 hours ago, Citadelen said:

Don't make it more complicated than it is. 

There is just nothing on Nvidia's side between the 960 and 970, so they had to pick the 970.

In case of USB confusion, refer to this sh*t.

• 05Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 3.0)
  • 10Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2
  • 20Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2x2
  • 40Gb/s - Thunderbolt 3
  • 40Gb/s certified - Thunderbolt 4
  • 40Gb/s - USB 4

Some Wallpapers I created • The Basics of Solid State Drives and Modules (A reference guide by me)

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

Don't make it more complicated than it is. 

There is just nothing on Nvidia's side between the 960 and 970, so they had to pick the 970.

The 280X is slightly faster than a 960, but not enough in normal circumstances to warrant recommending the 970 over a 960. 

3 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

The 280X is slightly faster than a 960, but not enough in normal circumstances to warrant recommending the 970 over a 960. 

You look at it from a technical standpoint,  which you shouldn't do. 

It is so much easier to simply recommend a higher end product than to deal with complaints from customers. 

• 10Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2
  • 40Gb/s - Thunderbolt 3
  • 40Gb/s - USB 4

Some Wallpapers I created • The Basics of Solid State Drives and Modules (A reference guide by me)

44 minutes ago, NateGSR117 said:

I can't wait to play this game! xD

I've been playing the closed beta for the past day and it is really good imo, but like others I was a pretty big fan of the first one too. The visuals are great.

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fKvV3C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 5820K | MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2666mhz | EVGA Titan X Hybrid | Fractal Design Define R5 | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Samsung 850-EVO Series 250GB SSD | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair AX860 | Acer Predator XB270HU | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K70 RGB w/Cherry MX Browns | Corsair M65 RGB | Audio-Technica ATH-M50X | Windows 10 |

26 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

You look at it from a technical standpoint,  which you shouldn't do. 

It is so much easier to simply recommend a higher end product than to deal with complaints from customers. 

Then why recommend a 280X is they're taking that standpoint, and not a 390?

19 hours ago, lightningterror said:

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 650 Ti 2GB or better / AMD Radeon™ R9 270x or better

19 hours ago, lightningterror said:

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 970 4GB or better / AMD Radeon™ R9 280x 3GB or better

Wut. Both AMD cards are weaker than Nvidia cards, and yet they are recommended alongside the more powerful Nvidia cards.

I'm guessing the game just runs better on AMD cards?

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Downloading the beta right now.

Looks to me like this game is favorable to AMD cards considering the 280X and 970 are the recommended spec and the 280X is the lesser card. Good thing for my 380 then lol

INTEL CORE i7 4820K | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | GIAGBYTE X79-UP4 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB | NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB | WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 570X | EVGA BQ 650W

2 hours ago, Citadelen said:

Then why recommend a 280X is they're taking that standpoint, and not a 390?

One thing could be that there are simply more people that use Nvidia graphics cards right now, which would also lead to more people complaining.
Another thing is that the 280X simply performs just that much better than a 960, so that they're able to safely recommend it.
Or its an optimisation thing...

The thing is, we don't know for sure why it is like that. I simply believe that it is because of marketing and not performance of any of the beforementioned cards.

• 10Gb/s - USB 3.2 Gen 2
  • 40Gb/s - Thunderbolt 3
  • 40Gb/s - USB 4

15 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Downloading the beta right now.

Looks to me like this game is favorable to AMD cards considering the 280X and 970 are the recommended spec and the 280X is the lesser card. Good thing for my 380 then lol

Do you have any more keys?

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Started playing the beta for a few hours. they are not kidding about RAM... it used 9GB for me. also game runs great on 980Ti confirmed.

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

game isnt bad  my system cant run it on ultra though i get a flat out hard crash

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85