Best High Capacity Triple A Batteries?

Manage My Cables
Go to solution Solved by rtpb5642,
25 minutes ago, W-L said:

The eneloop rechargeable batteries are a good option, AAA's do however hold only about a third of capacity compared to say AA's.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-BK-4HCCA4BA-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00JHKSL0A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1461200561&sr=8-3

Ebay 2200mah AAA batteries from china, they r like 2.50$ a pair and actually do hold a much longer charge than my energizer 900 mah batteries. Been using them a long time and they are great.

5 minutes ago, Manage My Cables said:

What are the best triple a batteries? I'm looking for high capacity rechargeables.

The eneloop rechargeable batteries are a good option, AAA's do however hold only about a third of capacity compared to say AA's.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-BK-4HCCA4BA-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00JHKSL0A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1461200561&sr=8-3

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

Thank you I brought a really nice head torch it comes with a battery pack but can take triple A's as a back up.

rechargeable standard batteries are horrible

they cant even provide 1.5v, their capacity is far below alkaline, and their current output is pathetic

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

25 minutes ago, W-L said:

Ebay 2200mah AAA batteries from china, they r like 2.50$ a pair and actually do hold a much longer charge than my energizer 900 mah batteries. Been using them a long time and they are great.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

3 minutes ago, rtpb5642 said:

Are you hoping for a house fire? Like to live dangerously? :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, rtpb5642 said:

Those aren't true 2200mAH of course but usually can be a mixed bag as sometimes are very low end batteries labeled much higher than what they can actually do.

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Those aren't true 2200mAH of course but usually can be a mixed bag as sometimes are very low end batteries labeled much higher than what they can actually do.

Yes of course not actually 2200 but they are much more than 900. Used to have a set of beats headphones energizers lasted two days, these cheap ones lasted me 3-4 instead. Thats why i ordered them to try them out. Turned out well, now i use them in my thermostat.

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Are you hoping for a house fire? Like to live dangerously? :)

Hoping all the time :P 

Well im used to charging batteries safely, i charge all batteries on concrete, i have an RC car and i dont trust my LiPos even though they are very expensive so i just do everything on concrete so if one catches fire i should be okay anyway lol

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

2 minutes ago, rtpb5642 said:

Hoping all the time :P 

Well im used to charging batteries safely, i charge all batteries on concrete, i have an RC car and i dont trust my LiPos even though they are very expensive so i just do everything on concrete so if one catches fire i should be okay anyway lol

thats good

as long as you dont leave them charging at home and then leave you should be able to put out any fires

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

thats good

as long as you dont leave them charging at home and then leave you should be able to put out any fires

Fire extinguisher always within 12 feet of all my rechargeable. :)

6 hours ago, Enderman said:

rechargeable standard batteries are horrible

they cant even provide 1.5v, their capacity is far below alkaline, and their current output is pathetic

In fact it is just the opposite with the current output. Alkaline cells outperform NiMH batteries only if the discharge current is low.

Here is an example of LOTS of comparisons between flashlights (most of them don't use AA, but the ones who do have both alkaline, and NiMH): http://www.flashlightreviews.ca/reviews.htm

edit: I would use eneloops AND a good smart charger. Using timed chargers will torture and kill your batteries.

5 hours ago, Vali said:

In fact it is just the opposite with the current output. Alkaline cells outperform NiMH batteries only if the discharge current is low.

Here is an example of LOTS of comparisons between flashlights (most of them don't use AA, but the ones who do have both alkaline, and NiMH): http://www.flashlightreviews.ca/reviews.htm

edit: I would use eneloops AND a good smart charger. Using timed chargers will torture and kill your batteries.

AANiMHvDAlkaline.jpg

Spoiler

On 4/21/2016 at 3:31 AM, rtpb5642 said:

The problem is that these batteries are almost empty after a single week of storing.