All browsers not working after closing.

After 10 minutes on my PC chrome stops responding, I close it and try to restart chrome but when I click on it nothing happens. So I try to use edge but that dosn't work either.

Now the start menu and file explorer do the same thing. However I can still right click on everything but file explorer and open control panel etc.

I have ran malware-bytes and Sophos protection. Both returned no malware or quarantined items. I restarted my PC but it just happened again after 10 minutes.

All that has changed since my PC was okay:

I downloaded virtual box,

Half downloaded Ubuntu Linux,

and downloaded Malware-bytes after the restart.

I have no idea what has happened, I know the internet is fine because I am writing this post on my laptop and can open Spotify and play music through the desktop on my PC.

Someone please help, I need my computer working ASAP.

21 minutes ago, Tom-Ballinger said:

After 10 minutes on my PC chrome stops responding, I close it and try to restart chrome but when I click on it nothing happens. So I try to use edge but that dosn't work either.

Now the start menu and file explorer do the same thing. However I can still right click on everything but file explorer and open control panel etc.

I have ran malware-bytes and Sophos protection. Both returned no malware or quarantined items. I restarted my PC but it just happened again after 10 minutes.

All that has changed since my PC was okay:

I downloaded virtual box,

Half downloaded Ubuntu Linux,

and downloaded Malware-bytes after the restart.

I have no idea what has happened, I know the internet is fine because I am writing this post on my laptop and can open Spotify and play music through the desktop on my PC.

Someone please help, I need my computer working ASAP.

It may be the case that some of the additional toolbars which can install itself on all the browsers messed it up somehow...id uninstall all browsers (except edge obviously), do a system restore and then download chrome

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

I agree with SSD even if it wasn't the toolbars. Restoring and reinstalling should fix it

7 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

It may be the case that some of the additional toolbars which can install itself on all the browsers messed it up somehow...id uninstall all browsers (except edge obviously), do a system restore and then download chrome

5 minutes ago, EJOE said:

I agree with SSD even if it wasn't the toolbars. Restoring and reinstalling should fix it

Thanks, just out of curiosity, when you restore, does it delete all installed programs?

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ballinger said:

Thanks, just out of curiosity, when you restore, does it delete all installed programs?

Only the ones you've installed recently...this is to remove any malware that may have taken hold over your system in the immediate past

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

Only the ones you've installed recently...this is to remove any malware that may have taken hold over your system in the immediate past

Ok, I will give it a try. Thanks

If you factory reset you reset the whole PC, but windows will stay on. And will of course have to download drivers and whatever again. This is what I would do if this didn't work. But if you just reset I would be ready to put some programs that you just got back on your PC.

Do you have a parts list by any chance?

2 minutes ago, EJOE said:

Do you have a parts list by any chance?

Yeah here you go:

Case  Corsair  750D AIRFLOW EDITION
Motherboard  Gigabyte  Z170X Gaming 7
CPU Intel  i7 6700
CPU Cooler  Corsair  H100i V2
RAM HyperX 8GB 2133MHz
PSU Corsair  RM650i
GPU Gigabyte  960 Windforce 
SSD Samsung  500GB, 850 Evo
HDD Western Digital  Blue  1TB
OS Microsoft  Windows 10 
Monitor  Samsung  S24E510C
Keyboard  Logitech G810

Mouse Logitech  G303

Lights  NZXT CB-LED10-RD
Powerline  TP-Link  PA411KIT 
Fans  Corsair  AF140 RED LED

I tried to do system restore but it would uninstall every single program, I think its because this PC is relatively new. BUT, its  ok because it seems to have sorted itself out now!!! 

Probably all those restarts! :)