$490 27" 1440p 144hz G-Sync Monitor by Dell Gaming

shibbs

There's no way.

wait

srsly?

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

still 900 CAD on the canadian site
i think i can buy a house in florida with what id save if i was in usa

5 minutes ago, aajjeee said:

still 900 CAD on the canadian site
i think i can buy a house in florida with what id save if i was in usa

Until you get a fever and go to the doctor here. :P

TFTCentral - great for gaming, but not much else, let down by TN panel

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_s2716dg.htm

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I just bought it, solid choice imo. IPS is only good once you get a working unit and with the high rate of failures and returns its just not worth it. If you get it and it doesnt break thats great! but the QA could just come right after the return window. I know the colors are great on it however with the bleeding, returns (several times) and price tag, it all adds up to a monitor that is just not ready yet. The dell has great QA and if you are competitive in gaming is the better monitor due to naturally better motion clarity and faster repose times. All in all its a preference, i had the money for both but chose the product i knew would last. My build is meant to last so i had to choose the monitor the same way. 

“Does Yggdrasil drink from it because it is the Well of Wisdom, or is it the Well of Wisdom because Yggdrasil drinks from it?” 
― J. Aleksandr WoottonHer Unwelcome Inheritance

CPU Intel 6700k @4.7ghz  Motherboard Asus Rampage Formula VIII RAM 16gb (4x4) Corsair Dominator Platinums GPU Evga Hybrid 980ti

Case ThermalTake X71 Storage 512gb 950 Samsung M.2 PSU 1000Hxi Corsair Cooling 115i Corsair CLC 280mm
Operating System Windows 10 64bit

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

That's FreeSync, not G-Sync. That won't work with my pair of 970s. Nice try, though.

14 hours ago, huilun02 said:

That with a single Fury would offer better consistency and much savings. 

Except I already have the 2 970s, so selling them and buying a Fury would be silly at this point. But thanks for sharing your opinion as fact.

Still on sale at Amazon for $490, but just noticed it on sale at Newegg for $549 with an $80 rebate card.

I have to say that I am impressed by this monitor.  Out of the box and without a calibration, the colors look better than my 4 year old asus tn display which has been calibrated.  Off viewing angles are better than the asus too.  It's not IPS level on either one of those points, but still much better than the older tn.  I chose this monitor because QC is better.

Rock On!

Just picked one up, had to return the first one due to pixel inversion. I had a new one within 2 days (amazon is freakin awesome) and it seems to be working fine. Over all, i'm very impressed by this monitor. I would say i like it better than the ROG Swift pg279Q. Keeping in mind that i got this for $200 cheaper than the ROG Swift.

Yes, I, too, am very happy with this monitor. My friend has the Asus ROG whatever monitor and he swears it's the exact same thing. 

VERY worth the money. 144hz master race. lol