how to get more fps on GTA V?

is their a way to get higher fps on GTA V with out lowering graphic settings? i have a i5 4670k and a GTX 980 16gb ram. would adding a 2nd 980 or upgrading to a 6 core Intel cpu be a better upgrade?

probably not the processor, but upgrading to a second 980 definitely would, as long as you dont mind dealing with the quirks of SLI

MSAA, Grass, and PCSS are performance killers and should be disabled if you haven't already done so.

Just now, Adreyu said:

probably not the processor, but upgrading to a second 980 definitely would, as long as you dont mind dealing with the quirks of SLI

so GTA V cant handle more cores? also what are the quirks with sli?

3 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

you could get artifacting and stuttering

among using more wattage and more heat.

3 hours ago, DominicNikon said:

Gta V CAN handle more cores, it just doesnt necessarily translate to more fps, although you can feel free to upgrade to a 6 core if you want. and sli generally gives better performance, but in some games its not enabled, I.E. batman arkham knight, and every now and again there are issues. In instances like this you would disable one of the gpu's. In some games the scaling for sli isnt very good so its not a big boost, even if it is present. These are just small annoyances really that come with sli, but the bottom line is you will see better performance. GTA V has decent SLI scaling and optimization.

2 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

It can just be stupid sometimes, if there are games that don't do good with it; disable SLI.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Well how much FPS do you want? You should be getting a good 60

i get 50-100 fps not fully stable with all very high settings. but when theirs a hacker blowing up every thing and spawning things in it drops to 20-45 fps

2 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

i get 50-100 fps not fully stable with all very high settings. but when theirs a hacker blowing up every thing and spawning things in it drops to 20-45 fps

Just turn off MSAA and the settings that won't really make a difference. Spending that much for a hope for like 10 more FPS is a bad idea. If you want to upgrade get a 980TI. 

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

Just turn off MSAA and the settings that won't really make a difference. Spending that much for a hope for like 10 more FPS is a bad idea. If you want to upgrade get a 980TI. 

ok

You could overclock your GPU. But otherwise, you could try dropping tessellation, shadows, or anti-aliasing, or all three by one setting level. You may not notice the difference.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987