Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
20 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

So I recently purchased the parts for a dedicated video editing rig and I had some leftover money, so my option was to save it or buy another fury X to crossfire with the one I currently have. But then I thought crossfiring really isn't that needed or really even that useful so I decided to give it away, I have not bought it yet the way I'll do it is have you put it on your Amazon wishlist and when you win I'll PM you and then you give me your wishlist Link, so i don't need you don't need to give me address that seems sketchy.(at least I don't think I see your address if I buy you it off your wishlist idk I never did that before) and that way it's sent right to you so any defects are not my fault. 

To enter you must have a rig that has a bad GPU or no GPU and a CPU that can handle the card. So just post your rig and why you want it and in 1 week I'll pick the winner and PM them.

goodluck everyone.

at 4PM on Thursday April, 21st the giveaway will be over and i'll get a mod to lock the thread. after that i will go over all the comments again and then pick the winner by the following monday, so the winner will get messaged anywhere from thursday the 21st to monday the 24th at the latest.

Running a GTX 650 TI (Also have a GT 640 and GT 430 machines lying around, poor things)

The GPU is going to the crapper. Just last year it was able to run NFS-MW 2012 at high settings. Now all medium. Minecraft at 300 FPS? I think not! *Minecraft slaps me in the face with framedrops to 40FPS and a max FPS of 120*

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 1600 - Corsair H100i V2 - 16GB DDR4 2400 - Flat broke
Please stop using light theme

I would enter but i use a g sync display so kind of tied to nvidia right now (plus my rig isnt that bad anyways) 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I would enter, but my CPU is nowhere near being capable of the GPU :P 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

I run my 2500k with a gtx 570 because my 970 broke

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Just now, Minibois said:

I would enter, but my CPU is nowhere near being capable of the GPU :P 

If it's at least the equivalent of a Bulldozer based CPU with 4 cores, then it's fine. Not optimal, but fine.

I've got a friend who has had a rough year on pretty much every level but especially financially, had to sell loads of things including his game computer and is really feeling bad about it, only got his shitty work laptop where can't game on. I've recently upgraded my computer and I kept most of my old parts as a donation to him. I got him an i5 2500k, 8gb ram, Asus P8P67, CM housing and psu (noisy but has to do), got some old hard drives which should be enough to get going. Only needs a GPU and a monitor and I can surprise him with this build.

5 minutes ago, ObeseWalrus said:

I run my 2500k with a gtx 570 because my 970 broke

I'll trade your 570 for a GT 610, 640, 430, and a 650 TI. You know, for variety.

uhhh. 

Jjnviun.jpg

Specs: FX 4170 OC'd to 4.4ghz ( Has handled anything I've thrown at it and I have a cooler on the way to OC further, hoping for 4.8-5ghz)

HD 5770, that's causing a bluescreen an hour but I put up with it so I can use my 3 monitors

some drives (2x160gb sata, 500gb sata, 160gb ide, 80gb IDE)

a custom cardboard box.

EVGA 750 g2 (kinda overkill or the current setup, but it was for an xfire setup that hasn't and may not happen because money )

16gbs of ram.

TBH I would be happy if anyone sends me any GPU that can drive 3 monitors and not bluescreen.

Saw this thread and thought it was a troll but I guess not. I'm building a new PC and I will have the biggest GPU bottleneck ever seen! 

CPU: 5960x

MoBo Asus Rampage V Extreme

CPU cooler: custom loop

Storage: 950 Pro 516gb

Case: Thermaltake core p5

PSU: EVGA T2 850w

and the gpu is...

A r7 360 from ASUS! best gpu ever!

the pc is yet to be assembled but here is a pic of all the parts that has arrived (watercooling parts have come but no pics of them yet :x )

IMG_0723.JPG

I have a 2500k and a HD 7850 with a case fan zip tied to it.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

oh well looks like my chances are pretty slim. Goodluck to everyone though. :)

1 hour ago, ZillaGames said:

If it's at least the equivalent of a Bulldozer based CPU with 4 cores, then it's fine. Not optimal, but fine.

Well it's a pre Bulldozer dual core :P (AMD Athlon X2 255, a dual core on the AM3 socket)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

Current Rig:

X5675 X2 @4.2ghz (12 cores / 24 threads)

EVGA SR-2 (200 BCLK stable)

Noctua Server Coolers X2

48gb Samsung ECC Reg. Memory

HighspeedPC tech station

EVGA 1300w G2

Samsung 850 pro

GTX 580 and a GTX 260 (physx) (barely manages 1080p medium-high now)

CPUs have aged well (still beating intel's top end extreme editions like the 5960x by a large margin) but with Nvidia abandoning Fermi I can't really run new games very well. I'm sure a Fury X would help with that, plus the superior OpenCL performance would be helpful in an upcoming project.  Needless to say the rig could use a revive; I've been meaning to get a better GPU but sophomore work is keeping me from my normal IT work.

Picture of my current system:

0q393hnr.jpg

Thanks OP for being so generous!

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

Current cpu: I7 2600k @4.6ghz

current GPU: HD 7750

Got this rig a while ago as I was starting college, 2600k is still kicking amazingly in my dorm room, while 7750 is struggling, I've put aside upgrading the gpu as I was saving up for a monitor which was more useful (and still is) for different projects I do time to time (mostly CAD design for classes). Tried to play some wow lately which was one thing I actually played and even that was hurting a lot (monitor is 3440x1440 resolution). Currently on school break so I was planing to try out some gaming so this would help a lot.

Regards,

Ivo, 

this is not filled with countless 1 post wonders :P

I have got an i5 4690k at 4.4ghz, and a 7970

It isn't the worst gpu in the world, but it is getting outdated, and struggles to push 1440p with some games

I have a Intel i5-4460, 8 GB of Dual Channel ram, 128GB Storage and a EVGA GT 610 graphics card... yeah it's bad on overclocking and can't open some games. I cri everytime.

"Simple Yet Complex" 

*G2130* I guess I'm already out?

JIC Specs:

Pentium G2130

8 GB RAM

1 TB HDD

Well... GPU, I'm using iGPU, I've an HD 4890 but no PSU for it

Though *if* I win I'd sell the 4890 and buy an i5...

Soft and clean.

(DON'T ENTER ME.. While I'd appreciate the card and would defs put it in a LAN rig it would be the sketchiest most bullshit thing ever if I won)

I appreciate how you're handling this, I like that you found a way to not harvest addresses, it seems legit, thank you for doing something super cool for the community - I hope you have a galactically wonderful day

My rig is: 

Motherboard: gigabyte ga-z170x-gaming 3

Cpu: core i5 6600k 

Ram: 16 gb Kingston hyperx ddr4 running at 2133 

Psu: corsair rm750i 

Reason: I built my pc mainly for processing big data because I'm studding data science. As you can see, my psu is overkill for what I have but I'm looking forward to buy a gpu so I can also use my pc for gaming. This is my first build and the gpu is the last part I'm missing. 

Also I use my pc for BOINC (I contribute to the LTT team) and a gpu would be much better than the cpu for that job. 

Man, I wish I had a rig that I could actually upgrade. Mine has a proprietary mini itx motherboard that doesn't even have a PCI-E slot? Very generous and you're a good person. Good luck in finding someone who deserves this friend

To be honest, I'm not sure if I qualify; but whatever, it's worth a shot. I have a GTX 670 which isn't even close to VR ready and is starting to show its age. My other specs are a 2500k at 4.6GHz and 8GB of RAM. 

Hey!  I'll enter.

As of right now I have a laptop actually.  (It has a sucky 840m (look it up if you don't know what it is) and a 4700HQ CPU)

Im saving up for a new rig and I'm not that far in.  It would actually really help if I could win this but you never know I guess.  Good luck everyone!

oh and also...   Thanks Jeezy, for doing this.  

10 minutes ago, Slick said:

(DON'T ENTER ME.. While I'd appreciate the card and would defs put it in a LAN rig it would be the sketchiest most bullshit thing ever if I won)

I appreciate how you're handling this, I like that you found a way to not harvest addresses, it seems legit, thank you for doing something super cool for the community - I hope you have a galactically wonderful day

I just thought of what I'd want in a giveaway, I wouldn't want to give my address out to a stranger who knows what they will send or do. And anything to give back for how helpful people have been with my repatative questions about HTMLand CSS. It's a really good community you have. So I'm more then happy to do this!

Not sure if I am allowed to participate, but here it goes:

My Rig is pretty good, I don't need it (I7-6700k, 980ti, everything custom watercooled etc etc etc), but my sisters PC is in dire need of an GPU upgrade.

Her Rigs specs:

I7-3770k

16GB 1600MHz Ram (Kingston HyperX Genesis and some other brand with the same timings)

GTX 660 DCUII

Asrock Z77 Pro4 Mainboard

Be Quiet! 500W PSU

128GB SSD

500GB WD HDD

Most of the Parts are from my old Rig, but as you can see/read, the GPU is, compared to the CPU, insanely underwhelming =/

Please let me know if I am allowed to participate, would be totally awesome if I could! 

Anyway, thanks for doing this, that's really generous of you!