3.5 mm headphone jack bent, how to fix?

Chaos Network

Opinion on my "friend"  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What is yours?

• Your friend is an asshole
    • It was an accident
    • Kill him

I have the SkullCandy Hesh 2s over ear headphones, and this morning, an asshole that I call a friend(excuse my language) decided that it was a good idea to bend the 3.5 mm headphone plug, the end that goes into the device, not the headphones. And because of this the button is now completely useless, the sound quality is severely degraded, the volume does what it wants when it wants, and it is constantly just pausing, playing, skipping, and going back to songs. These are $70 headphones that I got for Christmas, I'm in high school, so I don't really have any money to spend on a new pair. So how do I fix it so everything works properly, when it's supposed to?

image.jpeg

Edited by Chaos Network
Forgot to add pic

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

beat his ass, extract $70, save and buy some better cans

Ultimate XP gaming system build log coming soon!  Q8200 // 8GB DDR2 // Asus P5E Deluxe X48 // Asus 4870 DARK KNIGHT X-Fire // Supreme FX sound // BFG Ageia PhysX PCI Co-Processor // AX 860x with Silverstone extensions 

get a new plugs off ebay and resolder it

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 minute ago, PCgamer324 said:

beat his ass, extract $70, save and buy some better cans

I don't feel like getting my ass beat by my dad because I got kicked out of school for kicking some kid's ass, and I don't feel like going to jail for stealing his money, and these are the absolute best headphones I've ever had

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

2 minutes ago, DXMember said:

get a new plugs off ebay and resolder it

I don't know how to solder

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

1 minute ago, Chaos Network said:

I don't know how to solder

oh, it's easy

you get a metal rod, heat it up to like 150~200*C and shove it up your friends hole until he gives you working headphones

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

2 minutes ago, DXMember said:

oh, it's easy

you get a metal rod, heat it up to like 150~200*C and shove it up your friends hole until he gives you working headphones

Ok...

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

4 minutes ago, DXMember said:

oh, it's easy

give that dickface a taste of his own medicine

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

solder on a new plug or resolder the old one, its super easy. look up some tutorials on youtube if you dont know how to but its harder to do compleatly wrong then sortof right IMO xD 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

14 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

solder on a new plug or resolder the old one, its super easy. look up some tutorials on youtube if you dont know how to but its harder to do compleatly wrong then sortof right IMO xD 

The good news is the cans are already broken so what does he have to lose?

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1

1 minute ago, Rmusic10891 said:

his friend should just buy him new headphones.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

your friend owes you new headphones. that's the bottom line.

But you can try resoldering a new one on. Good skill builder project.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

41 minutes ago, DXMember said:

oh, it's easy

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

your friend owes you new headphones. that's the bottom line.

But you can try resoldering a new one on. Good skill builder project.

This. If he intentionally broke them, he owes you new ones. Try to fix them, make him give you the money. If you can't fix them, buy new ones. If you can, you have $70. OP, you said you're in high school? Take it to the electronics classroom and solder it there. But that's pretty fucked up for your 'friend' to do. I've had that happen to some cheap headphones by accident (shut the plug in a drawer) and it sucks, but life does go on. If you want some new, not too expensive headphones, I suggest the Monoprice DJ style headphones. They're like $15 and actually sound really good. And at that price, they're almost disposable..

36 minutes ago, Rmusic10891 said:

The cans aren't broken, they work just fine, they are the version with the removable cord...

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

15 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

This. If he intentionally broke them, he owes you new ones. Try to fix them, make him give you the money. If you can't fix them, buy new ones. If you can, you have $70. OP, you said you're in high school? Take it to the electronics classroom and solder it there. But that's pretty fucked up for your 'friend' to do. I've had that happen to some cheap headphones by accident (shut the plug in a drawer) and it sucks, but life does go on. If you want some new, not too expensive headphones, I suggest the Monoprice DJ style headphones. They're like $15 and actually sound really good. And at that price, they're almost disposable..

Ok...

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

You can new cable for like 2$. Just a 3.5mm cable.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

11 minutes ago, spwath said:

You can new cable for like 2$. Just a 3.5mm cable.

The button is like a mandatory thing for me, I am literally going crazy because I keep reaching for the button to change a song, but it doesn't work, and I have to have the cord backwards, in order for me to get any sound with any good quality...

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

31 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

The cans aren't broken, they work just fine, they are the version with the removable cord...

get him to pay you the monies required to buy a new cable with a controller no?

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

20 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

get him to pay you the monies required to buy a new cable with a controller no?

I tried that, but he's being stubborn AF and not budging on what he said, which is "no"

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

1 hour ago, Chaos Network said:

wait then you can just buy a cheepo 3.5mm cable xD or a third party replacement

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

8 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

I tried that, but he's being stubborn AF and not budging on what he said, which is "no"

Tell his parents, there is no reason he should not pay you back for damages he caused.  

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

9 minutes ago, Pomfinator said:

Tell his parents, there is no reason he should not pay you back for damages he caused.  

I just told the principal, being this happened at school, but when his mom gets here to pick him up, I'm telling her.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

i get the hate, but anyone even trying to help?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Z3K6FUQ/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00B5KZUZY&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0ATY9K7CA2ZYPE4NM4T9

you can purchase these cables, check ebay and google about for replacement cable, these are replaceable, there are various ones, this one is just the first one to come up with mic and volume control, I'm sure there are some available for less off ebay.

you wont be able to salvage that without a little DIY skills and it looking rather ugly (cut the cord clean it up resolder wires, or get a new plug for the end and solder that on.)

good luck, don't need to dish out for new headphones, unless these don't have replacement cable, but from what i recall they do, my sister has a pair of red ones. I mean if you can get a new set of headphones off him free, great, if not it shouldn't set you back by as much as a new set.