Screenshot is sometimes taken and saved to Users\___\Pictures when i press the win key

thorpj

As it says in the title, what's going on? 

I'm on Windows 10. I've done a malwarebytes scan, but i don't believe that this is malware.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

if you press windows key and press screenshot, i believe it takes a screenshot and saves it there

(i honestly didnt know this existed, always had to use paint, the more you know)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

if you press windows key and press screenshot, i believe it takes a screenshot and saves it there

(i honestly didnt know this existed, always had to use paint, the more you know)

I've just tried win + prtscr and that has the same behaviour (flash the screen dark for a second and save the screenshot to Users\____\pictures).

I only press the windows key (or Win + tab or Win + s), i never press prtscreen, because the snipping tool exists, so this is rather strange.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Maybe you have the PrtScr -key stuck or something. Residue from a drink in it sor something? Win+ PrtScr does exactly what you're describing except that the path is actually ...\Pictures\Screenshots. 

11 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Maybe you have the PrtScr -key stuck or something. Residue from a drink in it sor something? Win+ PrtScr does exactly what you're describing except that the path is actually ...\Pictures\Screenshots. 

Ah you're right that's the correct location

However, my keyboard is about two months old (Corsair k70)  and i've never spilt anything on it, so how PrtScr is occasionally pressed, when i'm not pressing it, is beyond me.

1 minute ago, thorpj said:

Ah you're right that's the correct location

However, my keyboard is about two months old (Corsair k70)  and i've never spilt anything on it, so how PrtScr is occasionally pressed, when i'm not pressing it, is beyond me.

Yeah, it's weird. Well, if I were you I'd swap keyboards with someone to see if the fault follows the hardware or if it's a software thing like malware. I don't see why anyone would make such malware but I guess it's possible.

18 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Yeah, it's weird. Well, if I were you I'd swap keyboards with someone to see if the fault follows the hardware or if it's a software thing like malware. I don't see why anyone would make such malware but I guess it's possible.

Thanks for the help, i'll give that a go some time tomorrow.

One time accidentally recorded a macro with keystrokes and mouse movements and played it off (Again without knowing) all this when I was typing in my password on steam. So when I went to my browser and started writing in the address bar and saw my password being typed in as my mouse went all over the place I thought I was being hacked... perhaps a noob mistake, but there could be a macro that plays off itself every so often or something else... Just a thought, perhaps unlikely put it doesn't harm to check. :)

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit.