Any easy way to take my monitor apart?

Virtual01

There is a squiggly line of off-color pixels on my monitor, making me think that it's not a cluster of dead ones but rather a tiny hair that got caught. There are a few other specs that look similar that I'd also like to remove. So either this monitor is a real piece of shit and has dim pixels galore (not a far stretch considering the QC), or there is a gap somewhere that is letting a ton of dust and crap in. Is taking apart a monitor a thing that is easily doable? I have an Acer XB270HU.

2 minutes ago, Virtual01 said:

There is a squiggly line of off-color pixels on my monitor, making me think that it's not a cluster of dead ones but rather a tiny hair that got caught. There are a few other specs that look similar that I'd also like to remove. So either this monitor is a real piece of shit and has dim pixels galore (not a far stretch considering the QC), or there is a gap somewhere that is letting a ton of dust and crap in. Is taking apart a monitor a thing that is easily doable? I have an Acer XB270HU.

Seems to be a common thing for that monitor.

Taking it apart could be risky as you may end up doing more damage than good with the fragile panel. RMAing it may be a better option.

Almost as cool as my temps  

Have a look at the "Privacy Monitor" video that Luke made; that might be able to help you.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.