E-ATX Case for 380-ish USD

Loleo

Hello LTT!

I need your help to choose an E-ATX case for my upcoming build, here is some quick info; budget for the case is around 350-400 USD but if you can find a cheaper case go ahead (FYI I live in Sweden so pricing here is a bit more expensive).

All the chosen components that would go into the build:  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qcXZnQ

So for the case I need a case that has: E-ATX SUPPORT however the mobo dimensions are 12'' x 10.7'' ( 30.5 cm x 27.2 cm )  so some cases will be able to have it even though it says ATX. I also want a case window on it, Standard layout no inverted here and finally it needs to look ''good''. I like unique cases and such so go ahead suggest some, go crazy!

Here is a list of my cases that I am currently thinking about:

Phanteks Enthoo Primo

Link

Price: 250 usd

Why? It seems like a good case, aluminuim good support for rads and etc, looks good but nothing special, also quite ''cheap''.

Thermaltake Core x9

Link

Price: 150 usd

Why? I love the mobo layout and it has good support for rads and etc. It looks quite good and is rather ''cheap''. Cons: It's a very big case so to get good airflow you need many good fans so i would probably buy some airflow noctuas for it. :S

Thermaltake core x71

Link

Price: 150 usd

Why? It says it's an ''ATX'' case but it looks more like a server and you can fit mobos like the one I intend to use but you would cover some cable routing.  Looks are okay, good support for rads and etc. Cons: It's very big, almost too big for my taste but I added it since it's still an option

Thermaltake core p5

Link

Price: 140 usd

Why? It. Looks. Bloody. Amazing. Yeah it's nice but My mobo is just a bit too wide but it looks like i would still be able to fit it there (Can someone tell me?) What more? it's not very expensive either.

Corsair Carbide air 540

Link

Price: 125 usd

why? It's not very beautiful according to me but it is very functional. Dual chamber design, rad support and etc. not very expensive.

Blacklist (cases I do not intend to purchase): Any Parvum case.

So If you've come this far in to the thread please drop a suggestion of a case! I would love to hear them but anyways thanks for the help and have a good day. :)

I recently bought a x71 and it have literally has all you could want. I like the p5 like you but i have a cat so the whole open case thing wasnt gonna do it for cat hair also the case will need cleaning from dust like once a month, The x71 in price is great when you see that its a rip off of a 360$ case from corsair the 900D its price make it the best decision imo, I know that people like the Phanteks  but you dont gain anything really imo, Also the x71 is quality built i have been messing with my build using it for a week and i am still happy to see the case and literally spent a month looking at every e-atx case and a few atx cases

EDIT: afterthought the x9 looks interesting depending on what you going for like a small build or what not it looks like a small version of the x71.

“Does Yggdrasil drink from it because it is the Well of Wisdom, or is it the Well of Wisdom because Yggdrasil drinks from it?” 
― J. Aleksandr WoottonHer Unwelcome Inheritance

CPU Intel 6700k @4.7ghz  Motherboard Asus Rampage Formula VIII RAM 16gb (4x4) Corsair Dominator Platinums GPU Evga Hybrid 980ti

Case ThermalTake X71 Storage 512gb 950 Samsung M.2 PSU 1000Hxi Corsair Cooling 115i Corsair CLC 280mm
Operating System Windows 10 64bit

10 minutes ago, godzrule said:

-Snip-

Okay I see where you are coming from, nice to hear from someone who actually has the case! But is your mobo E-ATX or just ATX? BTW thanks for helping

EDIT: Also the x9 is bigger than it looks, trust me.

anytime glad too, I have an ATX board this one >>>> Asus Maximus Formula VIII
It has extra room and support for E-ATX.

“Does Yggdrasil drink from it because it is the Well of Wisdom, or is it the Well of Wisdom because Yggdrasil drinks from it?” 
― J. Aleksandr WoottonHer Unwelcome Inheritance

CPU Intel 6700k @4.7ghz  Motherboard Asus Rampage Formula VIII RAM 16gb (4x4) Corsair Dominator Platinums GPU Evga Hybrid 980ti

Case ThermalTake X71 Storage 512gb 950 Samsung M.2 PSU 1000Hxi Corsair Cooling 115i Corsair CLC 280mm
Operating System Windows 10 64bit

50 minutes ago, Loleo said:

I hope you have good reasons to spend a ton of money for an i3's worth of performance over the 5820K

same with the motherboard, and are you sure you need the speed from NVME?

and you'd be best waiting to see if Pascal actually gets some gains from DX12, otherwise you'd still save money going with AMD on a free-sync vs G-sync display.

and do you already have a bunch of high end displays?

Far as cases go, you could always look at the HAF series, built for great PC cooling/function, and they're pretty popular. I just got a HAF XB, which might be able to fit E-ATX anyways with a bit of modding.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

1.I hope you have good reasons to spend a ton of money for an i3's worth of performance over the 5820K

2.same with the motherboard, and are you sure you need the speed from NVME?

3.and you'd be best waiting to see if Pascal actually gets some gains from DX12, otherwise you'd still save money going with AMD on a free-sync vs G-sync display.

4.and do you already have a bunch of high end displays?

1.This build will be overkill and I know it. It might not be overkill from the start but once I get more than two or GPU it will sure be. 

2.Why wouldn't i need the speed from NVME? It's not only quite fast, it's very fast.

3.Yes I agree with you! That's exactly why I am waiting for pascal otherwise I would go 980ti, titan or fury x. (pro duo seems to far away)

4.Yes and no. The PC budget is not including monitors, I have another budget for that.

And what this thread is about is a PC case, do you have any suggestions? :)

But as I said, please keep the suggestions and recommendations coming, I need them! :)

8 hours ago, Loleo said:

1.This build will be overkill and I know it. It might not be overkill from the start but once I get more than two or GPU it will sure be. 

2.Why wouldn't i need the speed from NVME? It's not only quite fast, it's very fast.

3.Yes I agree with you! That's exactly why I am waiting for pascal otherwise I would go 980ti, titan or fury x. (pro duo seems to far away)

4.Yes and no. The PC budget is not including monitors, I have another budget for that.

And what this thread is about is a PC case, do you have any suggestions? :)

So did you already have a high end 4k display or 1440p 144hz display then? because that overkill CPU money would be better spent there most likely.

aside from that just head over to newegg, and search for EATX cases, then see if it's available where you are.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=eatx+case&N=-1&isNodeId=1

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Loleo said:

I guess this one just came out, and it's a Cube EATX case, Thermaltake X9

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002562

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Streetguru said:

I guess this one just came out, and it's a Cube EATX case, Thermaltake X9

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002562

Yeah I already saw that one, I even mentioned it in my post. But the thing with that case is that it would require me to buy case fans since I've heard that their fans are quite rubbish and that to get good airflow in that massive case it would require some fans.